Gastonia NC
✟4,414.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Please, I only want peoples opinions concerning this topic which is important to me because I think this may have happened to me.

WHAT IS "SINNING AWAY YOUR DAY OF GRACE"? Sinning away your day of grace is saying no to the Holy Spirit for the last time when He knocks on your heart.
The Holy Spirit knocks on the heart of each person who is not saved. When the Holy Spirit knocks on your heart that is called the conviction of the Holy Spirit. When a person is not saved he or she is convicted by the Holy Spirit of their sin and their need of JESUS as their own personal Saviour before conversion.
For some people that conviction of the Holy Spirit can be many times during their lifetime. A person can say no to the Holy Spirit when the Holy Spirit knocks on their heart. There is a time when the Holy Spirit knocks for the last time and that last time is what is called "YOUR LAST CALL"! After receiving that "last call" and that person rejects that call then that person has sinned away his or her day of grace!
Sinning away your day of grace is similar to the unpardonable sin in that the end result is the same-Hell! To commit the unpardonable sin a person must blaspheme the Holy Spirit by speaking words against the Holy Spirit. To sin away your day of grace you don't have to speak a word at all, you just keep on putting off God in your life. That is the difference. The Holy Bible says in Proverbs 29:1,
"HE THAT BEING OFTEN REPROVED HARDENETH HIS NECK, SHALL SUDDENLY BE DESTROYED, AND THAT WITHOUT REMEDY."
To put off salvation is the most dangerous thing you can do because after sinning away your day of grace the Holy Spirit never again convicts you of your need of JESUS as your own personal Saviour and if the precious Holy Spirit doesn't knock on your heart again that means you can and will never be saved.
I pray that if the precious Holy Spirit is knocking on your heart, give your heart to JESUS today and don't put it off. God bless you now!

F

freeport

Please, I only want peoples opinions concerning this topic which is important to me because I think this may have happened to me.

WHAT IS "SINNING AWAY YOUR DAY OF GRACE"? Sinning away your day of grace is saying no to the Holy Spirit for the last time when He knocks on your heart.

<snip>

Okay, no, it does not work like that.

'All are called, few are chosen'. And, 'no one can come to the Son, unless the Father leads him'.

What that means is those whom God leads to the Son find the Son. God does not fail, ever. It entirely by God's choice as to who is saved and who is not.

So, where is condemnation? People not led by God stand condemned for they do not believe the Good News of Jesus Christ. Yes, it is true, they can not believe for they are only flesh and 'no one can see God', but we are shown God through the Son.

'Signs strong enough to deceive the elect, if that were possible'. The elect are not possible at being deceived by the wicked powers of the end. Now, they do get deceived here and there -- that is for sure. But, not to eternal condemnation.

See all of these words and catchphrases you are using are not Scriptural. Somebody came up with them. Anything from God - paraphrase, put into different words, or not - matches back with Scripture, some way, some how. It absolutely does not contradict Scripture.

As Paul said, 'there is now no condemnation in Christ'. Now, we must take that with temperance. Because we know Christians can and do sin, though they are called to be perfect and not to sin. But, the Law, which condemns to death, has no condemnation over a Christian. A Christian who sins will be reproved by God, which may mean be thrown into testing or even destruction of the flesh leading to death so their spirits may be saved.

Repent of any sins, therefore, read the message of the Apostles, believe what they say, and keep that word in your heart.

'You do not need any teachers, I say, to warn you from those trying to lead you astray. The anointing teaches you all things, and it is real, not counterfeit, even as it has shown you', to paraphrase a critical line from 1 John 2.

So, when you go out and listen to other teachers, not keeping the Scripture in your heart, look out. That opens doorways to attacks from the wicked powers who stand at your side to accuse you, through every means: from temptations for ordinary sins, to lies contradicting Scripture (the message), to accusations you are not saved.

What you need to do is read Scripture, stick to it, keep it in your heart, then you can listen to others and the Holy Spirit can guide you in comparing what they say to Scripture.

There are no outside authorities to whom you must go to be saved. None. That is refusing the power of the Holy Spirit who lives in your heart. If you are chosen it does not damn you. But, how do you know for sure you are chosen? For clearly, you have not made your salvation sure, which is your responsibility.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Who but God can tell when it's you last chance to be saved?
Today is the day to repent, today is the day of salvation.

I think that"Resisting the Holy Spirit" can only be done by someone who is saved and filled with the annointing of the spirit.

CRIB

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RobertZ

Feb 26, 2009
Gastonia NC
✟4,414.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
'All are called, few are chosen'.

Well this would imply to me that those who are not chosen obviously had to resist the Holy Spirit since they were called because if they would have given in then they would be saved would they not?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.