USA
✟41,978.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not sure where to post this. There is very little traffic in the college/Bible forum.

I'm trying to figure out a research topic for next semester when I have to conduct the research. It needs to be something related to the field of social services. I like behavioral health topics but I have to be careful because doing research with vulnerable populations won't pass the review board quick enough for the time frame that I have available to me. If anyone has an ideas or has any tips in general like a good site that talks about research and how to decide on a project...please let me know. Thanks!

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,445.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
How about comparing the efficacy of existing programs in the area? The hard part would be finding some measures to use. The advantage on the ethical end is that since you are not creating the program being measured the ethical implications are greatly reduced.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure where to post this. There is very little traffic in the college/Bible forum.

I'm trying to figure out a research topic for next semester when I have to conduct the research. It needs to be something related to the field of social services. I like behavioral health topics but I have to be careful because doing research with vulnerable populations won't pass the review board quick enough for the time frame that I have available to me. If anyone has an ideas or has any tips in general like a good site that talks about research and how to decide on a project...please let me know. Thanks!
How about the matter of access to services for people with limited English language skills? this is a huge topic, and the would be a lot of scope for case examples.

Blessings.

Upvote 0