Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thank you GxG! I'm sure God heard them and worked from them!

I should have updated. This has been a situation that seems it has to have been from God. A month ago, my husband had just left to go back to Texas to work, and I had no idea where else to apply, but desperately wanted him home. We were both praying.

Ten days later, I got a lead on a job, asked for prayers, and started looking into it. Shortly after that, my husband got laid off (after having a few weeks on standby not working during the past month, while paying to live out of town). It looked kind of bleak.

I started getting calls on Friday, and yesterday was my first day on the job! It was a real trial-by-fire but I survived, LOL, and probably just about the worst-case scenario. I know better now how to look for more favorable conditions on that job. AND my husband was offered a local job yesterday, making good money for the area, and his first day is today.

I can't believe a month ago we had no idea how to manage getting him home and keeping the bills covered, and it all just fell together.

THANK GOD for all of this!!!

And thank you all for your prayers! I didn't want to put ALL my concerns out here (and I didn't) ... but I know it's going to be ok. I've been in horribly tight spots of all kinds in my life, and God has always come through for me, sometimes in the most unexpected ways. I'm just really, really thankful!

God bless you all!!!

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Haha, I may need continued prayers!

Society does as well, if what I'm seeing is at all widespread. I've been working in schools this week - some rough ones, and there are kids with serious problems "mainstreamed" into regular classrooms.

I spoke with an assistant principal yesterday. He said too that some of the kids are being raised on the streets and learn to fight early. I got punched by a first-grader yesterday (which I might have laughed at the idea before, but there's a girl in there bigger than me, and a boy who's a few inches shorter but weighs around 150 lb.) and over the past two days there have been a number of "incidents". Some of these kids are physically dangerous from an early age, and some have no emotional or social restraint, and are naturally immature due to their age.

I'm amazed at what's going on in some schools. And in admiration of those who pour out their lives to work patiently with these children.

Every child I saw is in desperate need of prayer. I'm glad there are some very committed adults who I know are praying for them.

I'm still a bit in shock, myself (and very sore today!).

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Dn't let 'em grind you down Kylissa - whether they realise it or not they NEED you.

prayers continue :crosseo:

It's too early for me to be confident, but I hope not. :)

I recognize certain things I have learned have prepared me for this ... such as I have learned to separate necessary discipline from any vestige of anger. When I'm trying to restrain an out-of-control kid who has just knocked a computer to the floor and is trying to stomp on my foot and break my fingers, I feel no anger at all, just trying to calm him down. (Maybe impatience with the office for responding so slowly, but then again, it may be my calmness and politeness in asking for help that makes them think it's not a serious situation, LOL - the children told me I needed to inform the office that it was an EMERGENCY ;) )

And it's good for me in a way. Just last week at confession I was reflecting that my issues primarily stem from not standing up for myself and being essentially fearful in situations where I ought not. I didn't think I "had it in me" ... so it's been helpful to me too to realize that I CAN handle such situations.

Amazing how God puts us places and teaches us things. I hope I can be good for the children too - my time with them is always limited.

Thanks for the prayers. :)

God is good!

Upvote 0