✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hello all,

If I may, please I want to ask for prayers. After many months, it looks like I could have the chance at a job that will make enough to let my husband hopefully come back here to work AND let me schedule my time so that I can still attend important things at Church. It could even lead to a better job later, though I'd no longer be able to go to weekday liturgy or Bible study - so I'm not greedy. I'll take the lesser job. That's enough for me.

Prayers much appreciated. If God wills, this could solve a lot of difficulties for me! Thank you all. :)

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thank for the prayers.

Whew ... I HOPE that God is in this. My husband just called. He got laid off today. I'm a little in shock. Talk about your roller coaster.

But ... If things work out ok, then I can have him back home, and Lord willing he will have a job too. That's what we were aiming for. So maybe it's a blessing.

I'm usually pretty good at trusting God and not stressing out. It's just a bit more up-and-down than I'm used to in a single day. But God is good. :) I've always been able to trust Him in hard spots before. I'm hoping this is one of those things I'll be able to look back and see how it fitted so perfectly together, as it often does. :)

Prayers SO MUCH appreciated. Guess it was time to stretch my faith a little! ;)

Now if I can figure out how to put a rush on those transcripts they want. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for the prayers!

My husband should be home before tomorrow, so that's good. And things sound good for this job, though I ran into problem after problem trying to jump through hoops today. The library (I needed to print a PDF and sign it) closed at 1 today. (Small town lol) I got a flat tire and it was raining a bit and I didn't grab a jacket - thought it would be warmer. One of those days where everything goes wrong. But I got all of my hoops jumped through successfully, and have an appointment for fingerprinting - then it's just a matter of waiting. It all looks good, I pray!

Thanks for the prayers - I'm sure I needed them today!

If I get this job and my husband can get a job, we will be in much better shape, and it will be wonderful to be living in the same state again! No more 12-hour drives to visit, and no more months without seeing each other, God willing! :)

Thank you all again. :). Now I need to take some vitamins and something for my immune system to offset today, lol. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thank you both! I may have to wait a bit longer, as I haven't heard back. Now I'm worried whether she can return my call from a county office, since my cell is long distance to them. Or I'll look too pushy if I just show up, lol.

I think prudence maybe dictates I either email and explain my concern, or wait until tomorrow and call back (at which time I'd be doubly afraid of being a pest / being unreachable if I get no answer again :p )

I'm telling myself it's NORMAL to have these silly little concerns, as long as I've been looking for a job, and as perfect as this one seems. ;)

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Thank you both! I may have to wait a bit longer, as I haven't heard back. Now I'm worried whether she can return my call from a county office, since my cell is long distance to them. Or I'll look too pushy if I just show up, lol.

I think prudence maybe dictates I either email and explain my concern, or wait until tomorrow and call back (at which time I'd be doubly afraid of being a pest / being unreachable if I get no answer again :p )

I'm telling myself it's NORMAL to have these silly little concerns, as long as I've been looking for a job, and as perfect as this one seems. ;)
P:prayer:

I feel you where you're coming from....

Upvote 0