Request for sleep and also to see the power of prayer

FireHeart

Simply his Child
May 22, 2015
Oklahoma
✟17,101.00
Faith
Christian
While I believe in the power of prayer I have never seen it for myself or rather experienced it, I have had people pray for me but have not seen any change in anything. However this does not affect my trust in God I truly believe that a single prayer is like a blazing fire that reaches all the way to heaven I just haven't been able to see it for myself.

But my prayer request is for sleep, I have been having a very hard time sleeping I am tired all the time and I am tired of being tired) double negative intended lol)
I am asking to be able to sleep well again but at the same time I understand this may be a storm he and I are to go through to grow closer together and so I ask more than sleep for his will to be done in the matter

look4hope

Love.Fellowship.Joy
Angels Team
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Dec 6, 2012
Somewhere in Jersey
✟360,422.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Hi there @FireHeart.
I'm sorry to hear you're going through this.
I can say I understand as I too find it hard to sleep which has been affecting me negatively in life. I am objecting any sleep medication as I do not want to fall dependent on it.

Anyway, thanks for sharing and know that many of us here will be praying for you, and are glad to hear that your faith in God hasn't been affected.

Blessings

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Medical insomnia can sneak up on people and in bad cases pretty much ruin their lives. I have found Trazodone to be non-addicting and effective (but makes a person groggy at times). I'm very familiar with the tired of being tired thing. I am praying for healing for you, whatever the cause is, and for refreshing and full sleep—and for what Paul refers to in 1 Corinthians 2:4-5. (No need to respond to my thoughts, since this is your prayer request, not a discussion forum.)

Reactions: FireHeart
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,316,963.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
While I believe in the power of prayer I have never seen it for myself or rather experienced it, I have had people pray for me but have not seen any change in anything. However this does not affect my trust in God I truly believe that a single prayer is like a blazing fire that reaches all the way to heaven I just haven't been able to see it for myself.

But my prayer request is for sleep, I have been having a very hard time sleeping I am tired all the time and I am tired of being tired) double negative intended lol)
I am asking to be able to sleep well again but at the same time I understand this may be a storm he and I are to go through to grow closer together and so I ask more than sleep for his will to be done in the matter

Praying, brother.

Upvote 0

FireHeart

Simply his Child
May 22, 2015
Oklahoma
✟17,101.00
Faith
Christian
Medical insomnia can sneak up on people and in bad cases pretty much ruin their lives. I have found Trazodone to be non-addicting and effective (but makes a person groggy at times). I'm very familiar with the tired of being tired thing. I am praying for healing for you, whatever the cause is, and for refreshing and full sleep—and for what Paul refers to in 1 Corinthians 2:4-5. (No need to respond to my thoughts, since this is your prayer request, not a discussion forum.)
Any chance to converse with each other with brotherly love is not to be missed:)

Upvote 0

FireHeart

Simply his Child
May 22, 2015
Oklahoma
✟17,101.00
Faith
Christian
Ty everyone for your prayers and kind words, I have to say that while I would absolutely love to sleep well again I am not afraid to go through a storm if it means he and I will become closer my deepening of the love and closeness with him far exceeds my need to sleep.
i hope that many people will consider if the storm they are going through is perhaps more than it appears and take advantage of that storm to grow closer to God

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,620,041.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The Father wants you to sleep, just rest in his arms and thank him that he wants you to sleep,
I pray for you as you read your bible and pray, that you will experience his peace and warm love for you.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Jezmeyah

member since 7-14-16
Jul 14, 2016
Indiana
✟32,170.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Dear Lord, this person has made two requests that touch on what Your Word promises,.. sleep, and that Your will be done in a situation in this persons life.

I agree that it be done in Jesus Name. And I pray heavenly Father that this person will desire Your Word to grow thereby according to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ, having completeness in Him. I pray that this person develop so much in faith in Your Word that this person will have such number of answered prayers that people will be seeking this person out to get their prayers answered. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Upvote 0

FireHeart

Simply his Child
May 22, 2015
Oklahoma
✟17,101.00
Faith
Christian
The Father wants you to sleep, just rest in his arms and thank him that he wants you to sleep,
I pray for you as you read your bible and pray, that you will experience his peace and warm love for you.
I often times envisioned sleeping in his arms so much so it was as if I was actually there I could just feel the warmth of his love I could feel the comfort and peace in his arm and I would say to myself I am home.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FireHeart

Simply his Child
May 22, 2015
Oklahoma
✟17,101.00
Faith
Christian
Dear Lord, this person has made two requests that touch on what Your Word promises,.. sleep, and that Your will be done in a situation in this persons life.

I agree that it be done in Jesus Name. And I pray heavenly Father that this person will desire Your Word to grow thereby according to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ, having completeness in Him. I pray that this person develop so much in faith in Your Word that this person will have such number of answered prayers that people will be seeking this person out to get their prayers answered. In Jesus Name, Amen.
This part here I pray that this person develop so much in faith in Your Word that this person will have such number of answered prayers that people will be seeking this person out to get their prayers answered. In Jesus Name, Amen touched me profoundly.
Is that really possible? to go from receiving no answers to receiving answers to that extent? I want to know experience and to proclaim the vast power of prayer so long as it's his will and with his heart but is that something I can really have? to the point people would seek me out for prayers?

Reactions: Galatea
Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,053,243.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Father I pray blessings on this request, peaceful sleep, and that you would make yourself known to this individual in Jesus name I pray. Also taking these needs before God in prayer on the 4:00AM bbnradio.org Family Altar program.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Jezmeyah

member since 7-14-16
Jul 14, 2016
Indiana
✟32,170.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This part here I pray that this person develop so much in faith in Your Word that this person will have such number of answered prayers that people will be seeking this person out to get their prayers answered. In Jesus Name, Amen touched me profoundly.
Is that really possible? to go from receiving no answers to receiving answers to that extent? I want to know experience and to proclaim the vast power of prayer so long as it's his will and with his heart but is that something I can really have? to the point people would seek me out for prayers?
A person who wants to pray effectively will find their motive in desiring to help others, as all were motivated to pray for you.
To my knowledge, preachers, and those who dedicate themselves to knowing the scriptures, and dedicate their lives to prayer, are those that lots of people come to with prayer requests.
I pray that your desire to pray and receive answers from God according to His will, in order that others be blessed, will encourage you to dedicate yourself to walk such a path in your Christian life.
A prayer topic to start with, is to have appreciation for every person that you have requested prayer from. Thank God from your heart for every one of them. Pray that God blesses them that they may bless others, even as you desire to do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums