Republicans' outreach to minorities FAIL

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I view that as a positive thing.

As do I -- I get tired of listening to these babies whine and cry and wring their hands over the impending DOOOOOOOOOOM of America... Find me one who actually has the backbone to carry out their "threat" to leave, and I'll happily help them pack.

Upvote 0

GarfieldJL

Dec 10, 2012
✟26,292.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
As do I -- I get tired of listening to these babies whine and cry and wring their hands over the impending DOOOOOOOOOOM of America... Find me one who actually has the backbone to carry out their "threat" to leave, and I'll happily help them pack.

This situation is significantly more serious than you are painting it out to be.

The situation has gotten so bad that theoretically there could actually be a state-held Constitutional Convention that would completely derail the Obama Administration's agenda not to mention completely sidelining the Supreme Court and Congress.

It's gotten pretty close to the number of states that are ticked off to actually not only hold a Constitutional Convention, but to actually pass a new Constitutional Amendment.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My tenth anniversary is coming up in just under three weeks. I booked the day off months ago, because I knew that it would be a day I would need to be available for other things. We're having a party. I sent invitations to people I knew couldn't attend, to let them know that we were thinking of them.

The 50th anniversary of MLK's speech is a pretty big deal. Any politician worth his or her salt would have put a hold on that date long in advance.
Like Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi for instance?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
This situation is significantly more serious than you are painting it out to be.

Only if "more" suddenly means "less."

The situation has gotten so bad that theoretically there could actually be a state-held Constitutional Convention that would completely derail the Obama Administration's agenda not to mention completely sidelining the Supreme Court and Congress.

Well, considering that many of the people spearheading such conventions are convinced that the Obama administration's agenda is little more than "destroy America," it's hard to take such hysterics seriously.

It's gotten pretty close to the number of states that are ticked off to actually not only hold a Constitutional Convention, but to actually pass a new Constitutional Amendment.

Constitutional Amendment to do what -- or have they not gotten that far yet in their planning?

Upvote 0
H

HorsieJuice

Interesting. The convention needs the vote of 32 states to happen and the amendment would need the ratification of 38 states to be made into law.

How many states do you have on board now?

Upvote 0

JoyJuice

Senior Veteran
Aug 8, 2006
✟20,965.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Others
Somehow I don't think Martin Luther King Jr. would approve of the destruction of the American Family.

Really, the destruction of the American family? Your untenable strains on logic are impressive.

Try looking at UPS and other companies that are dumping health coverage for employees and the Unions going bananas over what Obamacare will do to their healthcare coverage.

Your claim, do your own homework.

In all honesty if Obama had been serious about healthcare reform he should have vetoed the bill that Pelosi and Reid sent to him and told them to stop their partisan showboating...

Why support something that in reality is not going to pass....it would be as stupid as voting to repeal Obamacare....what? some 30-40 times now?

Since in my honest opinion is that Rush Limbaugh is for smaller government and against government overreach, I'm afraid I cannot comply with your request.

There you go with your eyes closed opinionated conjecture again.

Upvote 0

GarfieldJL

Dec 10, 2012
✟26,292.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Really, the destruction of the American family? Your untenable strains on logic are impressive.

Try looking at the percentage of African American children being born out of wedlock before the Democrats rolled out welfare, and look at the percentage of African American children being born out of wedlock today...

Your claim, do your own homework.

Because I'm well aware of the fact you wouldn't believe anything I found, and it is more likely if you find the information yourself.

Why support something that in reality is not going to pass....it would be as stupid as voting to repeal Obamacare....what? some 30-40 times now?

Or maybe they believe Obamacare will be so destructive to this country that every chance should be taken to stop it.

There you go with your eyes closed opinionated conjecture again.

That is one possibility, the other possibility is that it is in fact your eyes that are closed and you are refusing to acknowledge that your opinionated conjecture may in fact be wrong.

Upvote 0

JoyJuice

Senior Veteran
Aug 8, 2006
✟20,965.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Others
Try looking at the percentage of African American children being born out of wedlock before the Democrats rolled out welfare, and look at the percentage of African American children being born out of wedlock today...

Let me reel you back in and remind you of your own statement as it seems you have forgotten. You said MLK would not approve of Obamacare because it destroys families, so what does the above have to do with that?

Because I'm well aware of the fact you wouldn't believe anything I found, and it is more likely if you find the information yourself.

Your argument, you proof it. I don't want to assume what you claim.

Or maybe they believe Obamacare will be so destructive to this country that every chance should be taken to stop it.

Let me give a real does of reality. "Believing" something means nothing. Where is the destruction that will destroy this country? I realize it is not perfect, but that what admendments in adjustments are all about. But this congress wont do it simply because the same fear they have in it succeeding means another hit to the party of obstruction, the party that couldn't Govern their way out a wet paper bag.

That is one possibility, the other possibility is that it is in fact your eyes that are closed and you are refusing to acknowledge that your opinionated conjecture may in fact be wrong.

Wake me up when you stop, and no different then the Televangelist, "naming it, claiming it" true. Reality has a liberal bias which is why you aviod it with a ten foot pole.

Upvote 0

jazzflower92

Jul 31, 2013
✟59,085.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Let me reel you back in and remind you of your own statement as it seems you have forgotten. You said MLK would not approve of Obamacare because it destroys families, so what does the above have to do with that?

Your argument, you proof it. I don't want to assume what you claim.

Let me give a real does of reality. "Believing" something means nothing. Where is the destruction that will destroy this country? I realize it is not perfect, but that what admendments in adjustments are all about. But this congress wont do it simply because the same fear they have in it succeeding means another hit to the party of obstruction, the party that couldn't Govern their way out a wet paper bag.

Wake me up when you stop, and no different then the Televangelist, "naming it, claiming it" true. Reality has a liberal bias which is why you aviod it with a ten foot pole.

Just because Colbert said it doesn't always mean its true. Reality tends to be more neutral than liberal actually. Sometimes I feel the Democrats and progressives can get away with a lot of questionable stuff and no one calls them out on it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JoyJuice

Senior Veteran
Aug 8, 2006
✟20,965.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Others
Just because Colbert said it doesn't always mean its true. Reality tends to be more neutral than liberal actually. Sometimes I feel the Democrats and progressives can get away with a lot of questionable stuff and no one calls them out on it.

Somethings are not alway true, however in general that statement is pretty much true.

Upvote 0

jazzflower92

Jul 31, 2013
✟59,085.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Somethings are not alway true, however in general that statement is pretty much true.

You know some of the renewable energy sources they have been boasting about people seem to not to take note of the fact how actually environmentally destructive those practices can be. Wind farms and solar panels actually have a lot of drawbacks their supporters tend to fail to mention.

Or the fact that Planned Parenthood seems to be in the pockets of so many Democratic politicians. That they even relied on them to bully Komen into making them fun them again. Or the fact that Planned Parenthood knows about a lot of clinic safety hazards but tend to ignore it.

Upvote 0

JoyJuice

Senior Veteran
Aug 8, 2006
✟20,965.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Others
You know some of the renewable energy sources they have been boasting about people seem to not to take note of the fact how actually environmentally destructive those practices can be. Wind farms and solar panels actually have a lot of drawbacks their supporters tend to fail to mention.

All sources of power has drawbacks. No one is saying they don't. However, when it comes to any truth of such things that are destroying the environment, what group is going to give you that truth? The enviromentalists probably. And they tend to consist of what? Liberals or Conservatives?

Or the fact that Planned Parenthood seems to be in the pockets of so many Democratic politicians. That they even relied on them to bully Komen into making them fun them again. Or the fact that Planned Parenthood knows about a lot of clinic safety hazards but tend to ignore it.

I think is quite understood PP lobbys those who support them, just like any other organization.

Upvote 0

jazzflower92

Jul 31, 2013
✟59,085.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
All sources of power has drawbacks. No one is saying they don't. However, when it comes to any truth of such things that are destroying the environment, what group is going to give you that truth? The enviromentalists probably. And they tend to consist of what? Liberals or Conservatives?

I think is quite understood PP lobbys those who support them, just like any other organization.

Some environmentalists can fudge the way things are in their favor so don't think they are above that thing. Also one thing I find hypocritical about some progressive groups is that they get mad at some organizations for supporting conservative causes but have no problem with organizations that agree with them doing the same thing. Like for instance how AlterNet and Think Progress wrote some articles about how they slammed Organic Eden for not supporting mandated contraceptives.

Organic Eden Foods’ Secretive Right-Wing Agenda | Alternet

How A Right-Wing CEO's Big Mouth Could Kill His Attack On Birth Control | ThinkProgress

Or the fact is that they surround themselves with some questionable people who said some really racist things or apart of some racist groups. It makes them somewhat two faced about the race issue.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/crime/...m-farrakahn-ignores-anti-semitic-remarks.html

Upvote 0

JoyJuice

Senior Veteran
Aug 8, 2006
✟20,965.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Others
Some environmentalists can fudge the way things are in their favor so don't think they are above that thing. Also one thing I find hypocritical about some progressive groups is that they get mad at some organizations for supporting conservative causes but have no problem with organizations that agree with them doing the same thing. Like for instance how AlterNet and Think Progress wrote some articles about how they slammed Organic Eden for not supporting mandated contraceptives.

Organic Eden Foods’ Secretive Right-Wing Agenda | Alternet

How A Right-Wing CEO's Big Mouth Could Kill His Attack On Birth Control | ThinkProgress

Or the fact is that they surround themselves with some questionable people who said some really racist things or apart of some racist groups. It makes them somewhat two faced about the race issue.

Rahm welcomes help from Farrakahn, ignores anti-Semitic remarks - Chicago Sun-Times

I read the first one, I didn't read the second. Not sure how letting those who most likely support this company know their stance is being hypocritical?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jazzflower92

Jul 31, 2013
✟59,085.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

JoyJuice

Senior Veteran
Aug 8, 2006
✟20,965.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Others

For them personally, it has to do with the Caddillac plan tax. I am personally in the same boat. The idea of Obamacare is healthcare for all Americans, even those millions who never had it. As mentioned before some things have drawbacks, the question becomes is it good for the nation to have healthcare for all.

Upvote 0
D

Deacon001

For them personally, it has to do with the Caddillac plan tax. I am personally in the same boat.

Perhaps some lib can explain the rationale for the "Cadillac plan" tax for me, because I personally can't fathom the logic in taxing a good healthcare benefit if the goal is to provide a good healthcare benefit. That is something that is so ridiculous I am sure only liberals can get behind it.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Perhaps some lib can explain the rationale for the "Cadillac plan" tax for me, because I personally can't fathom the logic in taxing a good healthcare benefit if the goal is to provide a good healthcare benefit. That is something that is so ridiculous I am sure only liberals can get behind it.
It's called spreading the wealth around. You take from the person who earned, and give to the person who didn't

Upvote 0