Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Right, the first black Senator from S.C., the only black in Senate, nothing to see here. Oh, that's right he's a black conservative, ahhhhh.

Funny how that gets missed in the mainstream media echo chamber!

I just love how this entire week has been nothing but liberals co-opting MLK for their own political agenda. Oh he would be all for gay marriage and gun control!

Upvote 0

SolomanVIII

Jun 20, 2013
✟436.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Funny how that gets missed in the mainstream media echo chamber!

I just love how this entire week has been nothing but liberals co-opting MLK for their own political agenda. Oh he would be all for gay marriage and gun control!

Nevermind that he was.

Upvote 0

RedDead1981

Prayer is beautiful when it's sincere
Jul 4, 2010
✟14,181.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Creech

Senior Veteran
Apr 7, 2012
New York
✟15,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Except based on the definitions and arguments you've given us time and time again, "consistently conservative" means consistently unintelligent and ignorant for the sake of tradition. If the GOP thought the same way you did, they'd never win anything except local position.

I disagree about the positions being unintelligent and ignorant. I also think traditionalism would gain much support in various parts of the country. Probably the areas that would reject it the most would be the West Coast and New England. But that is why I also advocate for nullification/secession.

Upvote 0

SolomanVIII

Jun 20, 2013
✟436.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I disagree about the positions being unintelligent and ignorant. I also think traditionalism would gain much support in various parts of the country. Probably the areas that would reject it the most would be the West Coast and New England. But that is why I also advocate for nullification/secession.

And you and your ilk just keep right on believing that :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Creech

Senior Veteran
Apr 7, 2012
New York
✟15,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SolomanVIII

Jun 20, 2013
✟436.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

GarfieldJL

Dec 10, 2012
✟26,292.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Tim Scott wasn't invited to speak at the event, if he had shown up as a spectator, Democrats would use that to try to claim that he approves of their partisan rants which he does not.

The Civil Rights movement is no longer about civil rights, it's about advancing a leftist political agenda.

Martin Luther King Jr. preached self-reliance not dependence on government handouts.

Martin Luther King Jr. preached equality, not a culture of victimhood.

I would argue that a lot of what went on at the event was an insult to the memory of Martin Luther King Jr.

Upvote 0

SolomanVIII

Jun 20, 2013
✟436.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Tim Scott wasn't invited to speak at the event, if he had shown up as a spectator, Democrats would use that to try to claim that he approves of their partisan rants which he does not.

No he was not. He, like all members of the Senate, was invited to attend though. His office declined. So the right wing blather-point about him being deliberately snubbed is pretty much shot down.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Tim Scott wasn't invited to speak at the event...

Yee haw! Look at that goalpost run!

As a reminder of the claim:
In bold for emphasis - Sen. Tim Scott wasn't invited to event...

Turns out that wasn't true...
In bold for emphasis - Tim Scott declined invite...

...if he had shown up as a spectator, Democrats would use that to try to claim that he approves of their partisan rants which he does not.

Your psychic powers grow ever more impressive.

The Civil Rights movement is no longer about civil rights, it's about advancing a leftist political agenda.

What the heck sort of agenda did you think it was back in the 40s, 50s and 60s? A conservative one?

Upvote 0

abdAlSalam

Bearded Marxist
Sep 14, 2012
✟11,120.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Martin Luther King Jr. preached self-reliance not dependence on government handouts.

Martin Luther King Jr. preached equality, not a culture of victimhood.

I would argue that a lot of what went on at the event was an insult to the memory of Martin Luther King Jr.
... You know that MLK Jr was to the left of today's democratic party, right?

Like, openly working with the CPUSA?
Fighting for Affirmative Action?
And a guaranteed basic income? And before that, advocating a minimum wage that would be about $15.27 in today's dollars?

Like, seriously, you do realize that the Civil Rights Movement, especially Dr. King's efforts, was THE Leftist movement back in the day right? Right?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GarfieldJL

Dec 10, 2012
✟26,292.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yee haw! Look at that goalpost run!

As a reminder of the claim:

In bold for emphasis - Sen. Tim Scott wasn't invited to event...

I didn't make that claim USincognito, abysmul, is the one that posted that up.

Turns out that wasn't true...

Except I didn't make that claim based on the quote you used my name isn't abysmul...

It's actually fairly obvious Republicans were not welcome just based on the list of speakers and the rhetoric that was seen. I wouldn't want to attend an event where I was constantly insulted and smeared.

In bold for emphasis - Tim Scott declined invite...

Just because someone receives an invite doesn't mean they are actually welcome to attend, it is fairly obvious from the rhetoric that Republicans were not welcome, the invitations may have been sent out because they kinda had to or their partisanship would be so obvious that even the New York Times would have a hard time explaining it away, but that doesn't make the invitation sincere.

Your psychic powers grow ever more impressive.

If nothing else, speakers like Obama are extremely consistent in trying to turn things into partisan rants to pit fellow Americans against each other.

I mean when you get people like Rush Limbaugh accurately predicting the rants days in advance it doesn't take psychic powers to notice the blatently obvious.

What the heck sort of agenda did you think it was back in the 40s, 50s and 60s? A conservative one?

Actually the Republicans were the ones that tipped the balance so that the Civil Rights Act was passed...

To be frank, Republicans were hated by Southern Democrats since the start of the Civil War all through the 1960s. Despite what you may believe, Dixiecrats in a large measure actually stayed with the Democrat Party.

Republicans for the most part are of the mindset that obsessing over the skin pigmentation of a person is idiotic. While one can look at demographic information as far as crime rates for instance, that doesn't mean an individual of that demographic fits the statistics.

Oh really...

King had read Marx while at Morehouse, but while he rejected "traditional capitalism", he also rejected communism because of its "materialistic interpretation of history" that denied religion, its "ethical relativism", and its "political totalitarianism".[133]
Martin Luther King, Jr. - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Then we have:

For years, Hoover had been suspicious about potential influence of communists in social movements such as labor unions and civil rights.[195] Hoover directed the FBI to track King in 1957, and the SCLC as it was established (it did not have a full-time executive director until 1960).[54] The investigations were largely superficial until 1962, when the FBI learned that one of King's most trusted advisers was New York City lawyer Stanley Levison.[196]

The FBI feared Levison was working as an "agent of influence" over King, in spite of its own reports in 1963 that Levison had left the Party and was no longer associated in business dealings with them.[197]

Another King lieutenant, Hunter Pitts O'Dell, was also linked to the Communist Party by sworn testimony before the House Un-American Activities Committee (HUAC).[198] However, by 1976 the FBI had acknowledged that it had not obtained any evidence that King himself or the SCLC were actually involved with any communist organizations.[187]

For his part, King adamantly denied having any connections to communism, stating in a 1965 Playboy interview that "there are as many Communists in this freedom movement as there are Eskimos in Florida".[199] He argued that Hoover was "following the path of appeasement of political powers in the South" and that his concern for communist infiltration of the civil rights movement was meant to "aid and abet the salacious claims of southern racists and the extreme right-wing elements".[187] Hoover did not believe King's pledge of innocence and replied by saying that King was "the most notorious liar in the country".[200] After King gave his "I Have A Dream" speech during the March on Washington on August 28, 1963, the FBI described King as "the most dangerous and effective Negro leader in the country".[193] It alleged that he was "knowingly, willingly and regularly cooperating with and taking guidance from communists".[201]

The attempt to prove that King was a communist was related to the feeling of many segregationists that blacks in the South were happy with their lot but had been stirred up by "communists" and "outside agitators".[202] However, the civil rights movement arose from activism within the black community dating back to before World War I. King said that "the Negro revolution is a genuine revolution, born from the same womb that produces all massive social upheavals—the womb of intolerable conditions and unendurable situations."[203]
Martin Luther King, Jr. - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

That was the 1960s where you actually had racial discrimination being practiced all over the place, this is 2013 and times have changed...

And a guaranteed basic income? And before that, advocating a minimum wage that would be about $15.27 in today's dollars?

He didn't want people's wages to be determined based on race, that doesn't mean he would support a minimum wage of over $15 dollars an hour, which many businesses would have to shut their doors because they couldn't pay that kind of wage.

Like, seriously, you do realize that the Civil Rights Movement, especially Dr. King's efforts, was THE Leftist movement back in the day right? Right?

Maybe, maybe not. Looks to me based on the information I've gathered, that the Civil Rights Movement was just a victim of the same Saul Alinski style tactics that are now used by the left towards Conservatives today.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I

IanCG

Upvote 0
I

IanCG

Conservatives have never been on the right side of civil rights, so the best they can is pretend they were.

Upvote 0