Report: Detained Teen Allegedly Intended to Hijack Plane From Los Angeles to Nashvill

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
FBI spokesman George Bolds told The Associated Press the 16-year-old boy was removed from Southwest Airlines Flight 284 Tuesday night by authorities at Nashville International Airport and found with "suspicious" items.
rope, handcuffs and duct tape were found in his luggage.
He had a mock cockpit set up at home. They say he is suicidal.

Seems to me he wanted to go out in a blaze of glory and take some people with him. I don't think a airline would ever submit to a hijackers demands to clear the cockpit. I think a hijacker would be subdued and maybe even killed before the plane landed. That would be what I would do.

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
No matter how big he is,
the passingers won't sit by like sheep anymore.

I'm pretty sure, someone would be big enough to slow him down.

I have seen men big enough to take on 12 SPs and walk away from them holding him back. (Capt Curry:thumbsup: )

But the average person isn't a multiple black belt and professional weight lifter.

The passingers can kill just by overwhelming one person.
The only way to take a plane would be guns and explosives. And even then, I still wouldn't give up the
cockpit.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,222.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Geese, sounds like the kid needs to be either in prison, in a psychiatric ward, or in the psychiatric ward of a prison. I'm glad they caught him before he tried out his plan.
I vote 3 option for now, then 2nd tell there safe to release.

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The only way I see him carrying this out is
to wrap the rope around the neck of a stewardess
and threatening to strangle her or break her neck.
Then force one other crew member to duct tape the rest of the crew...passingers?(1 roll?) Then having the
last 2 put cuffs on themselves.
But I don't see that happening.
LIke someone else said, not very smart in planning.
The time it would take to strangle would be enough time to beat him uncontious, or even death.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Meshavrischika

for Thy greater honor and glory
Jun 12, 2007
OK
✟43,103.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Didn't they start re-inforcing and putting locks on the cockpit doors after 9/11? How did nimrod think he was going to crash the plane if he couldn't get in the cockpit?
he's a stupid, depressed, suicidal kid... normally all those things come together to mean "lack of insight and forethought"

Upvote 0