Prayer Team †
Jun 10, 2011
Teesside
✟36,450.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It sure will take the power of God to change the Jews opinion. They didn't comply in first century and they haven't in the 21st century. Because they are as lost as the Muslim, and all others who refuse Christ. It's real simple to me, why others make it difficult to prove their brand of interpretation amazes me. The Church is Israel, Israel is the Church, The Church is all believers, the Jews and all others who refuse Christ just don't get a boarding ticket. And the train is coming.

It will only take God. He is the one who blinded the eyes of the Jews that gentiles may receive the gospel and he is the one who will bring salvation to Israel on his return. God is the author and finisher of our faith. It’s already starting, there are many Messianic Jews, Jews that have accepted Yeshua as Saviour.

Upvote 0

Zeek

Follower of Messiah, Israel advocate and Zionist
Nov 8, 2010
England
✟11,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
thanks
but ancient Israel isn't today's Israel.

How do you work that one out? (bearing in mind the words of the Prophets) :confused:

Got anything in regards to NT, where the Church replaces Israel because the Jews refused Christ?

No...because the Church has never replaced Israel, and the Gospel went forth to the Gentiles via Jewish Believers, and although the nation of Israel eventually rejected Yeshua as Messiah, there have always been a remnant of Jewish Believers throughout every generation...but things are building up to the appointed time when Israel as a nation will turn to the one whom they rejected.

Reactions: Habakk
Upvote 0
L

Lovely Lane

Yes, a lot.

Here are two:

And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Zion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob (Romans 11:26).

For I would not, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles comes in (Romans 11:25).
that's neat. I see that the Jews are welcomed as they always had been, they are one of the ancient people, but not all the people. They are welcomed into the Church as anyone else only if they believe in Christ Jesus.

Upvote 0
L

Lovely Lane

How do you work that one out? (bearing in mind the words of the Prophets) :confused:

No...because the Church has never replaced Israel, and the Gospel went forth to the Gentiles via Jewish Believers, and although the nation of Israel eventually rejected Yeshua as Messiah, there have always been a remnant of Jewish Believers throughout every generation...but things are building up to the appointed time when Israel as a nation will turn to the one whom they rejected.
Yes, again I disagree with you and your interpretation isn't what I believe. The Church is the people of God, not a country, not a nation, it's all the believers in Christ Jesus, and all others shall perish away. That's just the way it is, sorry , but Israel isn't special, just another State full of antichrists. (no surprise there)

Upvote 0
L

Lovely Lane

bearing in mind the Word of Christ, that's how I worked that one out. There are alot of neat verses from Christ Jesus in the Gospels of the NT that I cherish over all others, that's the way I roll. If Jesus said it, that overrules all others.
And He said to believe in Him. I say, all others end up missing the train. Now that's replacement theology plain and simple.

Upvote 0
L

Lovely Lane

It will only take God. He is the one who blinded the eyes of the Jews that gentiles may receive the gospel and he is the one who will bring salvation to Israel on his return. God is the author and finisher of our faith. It’s already starting, there are many Messianic Jews, Jews that have accepted Yeshua as Saviour.

Nope, the devil may have blinded the Jew, but Christ Jesus can only tell the truth. And the truth is the Jew refused Jesus and then killed him.
It's a good thing that Jews are finding their way into the Church by accepting Christ Jesus but that can be said about Africans, Americans, Mexicans, Europeans, etc.. all over the world. 1948 Israel isn't special, but each soul is.

Upvote 0

Zeek

Nov 8, 2010
England
✟11,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, again I disagree with you and your interpretation isn't what I believe. The Church is the people of God, not a country, not a nation, it's all the believers in Christ Jesus, and all others shall perish away. That's just the way it is, sorry , but Israel isn't special, just another State full of antichrists. (no surprise there)

Like I said before, you can claim the moon is made of cheese, and keep repeating it, but it doesn't make it true.

Sure the Church are the people of G-d, all believing Jews and Gentiles, on that we are in agreement...but to say the nation of Israel are not beloved in the heart of G-d, and just a State full of anti-Christs goes against what Scripture declares.

Jer 31:
37Thus says the LORD,
“If the heavens above can be measured
And the foundations of the earth searched out below,
Then I will also cast off all the offspring of Israel
For all that they have done,” declares the LORD.

G-ds love for Israel is everlasting, and although they have been through the mill, and He has hidden Himself from them, He has not forgotten them and His mercy is extended towards them.

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love, therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you. Again I will build you, and you shall be rebuilt, O virgin of Israel! You shall again be adorned with your tamborines, and shall go forth in the dances of those who rejoice. You shall yet plant vines on the mountains of Samaria… He who scattered Israel will gather him, and keep him as a shepherd does his flock. For the Lord has redeemed Jacob, and ransomed him from the hand of one stronger than he. Therefore they shall come and sing in the height of Zion, streaming to the goodness of the Lord… their souls shall be like a well watered garden, and they shall sorrow no more at all… for I will turn their mourning to joy, will comfort them, and make them rejoice rather than sorrow… Is Ephraim My dear son? Is he a pleasant child? For though I spoke against him, I earnestly remember him still; therefore My heart yearns for him; I will surely have mercy on him, says the Lord" (Jer. 31:3-20).

Upvote 0

Zeek

Nov 8, 2010
England
✟11,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
bearing in mind the Word of Christ, that's how I worked that one out. There are alot of neat verses from Christ Jesus in the Gospels of the NT that I cherish over all others, that's the way I roll. If Jesus said it, that overrules all others.
And He said to believe in Him. I say, all others end up missing the train. Now that's replacement theology plain and simple.

You did not answer my question. You stated todays modern State of Israel does not equate with ancient Israel...I asked 'How so' and all you have done is express that somehow the L-rd Jesus makes reference to it or something...which is all well and good, butr show me the verses on which you hang this understanding and which nullify the words of the prophets concerning G-ds love for the nation of Israel?

Present day Israel now consists of over 6 million Jewish people, and is the largest accumulation of Jews in any given part of the world. Jerusalem is the capital of Israel (although unrecognized by most other nations)...ancient cities have been rebuilt...the Hebrew language has been resurrected...it thrives and lives again...just how is modern Israel not the Israel of the Bible?

Upvote 0

Habakk

Prayer Team †
Jun 10, 2011
Teesside
✟36,450.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

You keep saying that over and over but scripture disagrees with you and so do I because I believe the word of God.

Replacement theology is based upon a very flimsy premise and a fogy interpretation of scripture. All total historic prophetic views of the Land of Israel render many scriptures unfulfilled. And we now again have the physical land of Israel as a testament from God for all to see. Yet there are still those that will say that the land of Israel and the Jewish people are cursed and outside the promises of God. Some of these people continue to persecute and condemn the land and the people. Why? Because it doesn’t fit or offends their faulty doctrine of replacement theology.

The train, as you put it, it the whole council of God, not manmade doctrine. Jesus said he would return physically for all to see. Jesus is coming back to the land of Israel not the church.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
The beautiful and grand vision of the New Testament, especially in Paul's writings, is that in Christ there is one new man, a brand new united and whole People of God comprised of every nation, tribe, and tongue; of Jew and Gentile, together.

There isn't X, Y, Z and they are all separate and divided; there is only the One New Man.

This is concept built upon the earlier and ancient Prophetic visions of the nations coming together to Mt. Zion. Of all nations, of all people, of all tribes, and tongues gathered and assembled together on God's Holy Mountain.

I don't believe that's a coincidence.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Habakk

Prayer Team †
Jun 10, 2011
Teesside
✟36,450.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The beautiful and grand vision of the New Testament, especially in Paul's writings, is that in Christ there is one new man, a brand new united and whole People of God comprised of every nation, tribe, and tongue; of Jew and Gentile, together.

There isn't X, Y, Z and they are all separate and divided; there is only the One New Man.

This is concept built upon the earlier and ancient Prophetic visions of the nations coming together to Mt. Zion. Of all nations, of all people, of all tribes, and tongues gathered and assembled together on God's Holy Mountain.

I don't believe that's a coincidence.

-CryptoLutheran

That is very true and nobody here disputes that.

However there are prophetic promises to the LAND of Israel that are yet unfulfiled. Promises that include the salvation of the Jewish people in Messiah Jesus.

Nobody can dispute that we again have the LAND of Israel as God also promised.

Upvote 0

Habakk

Prayer Team †
Jun 10, 2011
Teesside
✟36,450.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Land is that owned by the Church. The country of Israel persecutes the Church. 'Nuff said.

The Church is the Kingdom. Israel could be blown sky high and nothing would change.

There are many injustices in the world, Christians persecute Christians. That however does not change God’s holy word or his promises to the LAND.

I think a lot of Christians would actually like it if Israel was blown sky high along with a lot of other peoples. Other Christians continue to curse Israel and the Jewish people hiding behind a flimsy doctrine with no substance, and foolishly flaunt their blood bought salvation as some sort of elitists. Since when did God ever choose a nation of elitists, we are called to be humble. The land of Israel is however here now as God declared it would be.

Upvote 0
L

Lovely Lane

You keep saying that over and over but scripture disagrees with you and so do I because I believe the word of God.

Replacement theology is based upon a very flimsy premise and a fogy interpretation of scripture. All total historic prophetic views of the Land of Israel render many scriptures unfulfilled. And we now again have the physical land of Israel as a testament from God for all to see. Yet there are still those that will say that the land of Israel and the Jewish people are cursed and outside the promises of God. Some of these people continue to persecute and condemn the land and the people. Why? Because it doesn’t fit or offends their faulty doctrine of replacement theology.

The train, as you put it, it the whole council of God, not manmade doctrine. Jesus said he would return physically for all to see. Jesus is coming back to the land of Israel not the church.
ok, no more conversation.
Your idea isn't what I choose to go by, I prefer the NT.

Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
:)

I would say that the NT/NC faith of Jesus/Abraham is the Engine, while the OT/OC is of Moses [which is what Judaism bases their religion in] is the Caboose :preach:

JOHN 5:45 "Do not think that I shall accuse you to the Father; there is one who accuses you — Moses, in whom you trust.
46 For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me.
47 But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?"
This covenantle parable in Luke 16 would appear to describe "replacement theology" rather well, IMHO:

Lazarus and the Rich Man - Here a little, there a little - Commentary
NC JESUS/ABRAHAM VS OC LEVITICAL JUDAISM

LUKE 16:29 "Abraham said to him, 'They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.' "
30 "And he said, 'No, father Abraham; but if one goes to them from the dead, they will repent.' 31 But he said to him, 'If they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded though one rise from the dead.' "

Yeshua uses the last two verses of this parable as an amazing prophecy of his pending resurrection from the dead.
The rich man says that although his brothers may not accept the scriptural evidence for the identity of the Messiah, they will accept the evidence of one who is raised from the dead.
But Abraham answers and plainly tells him that anyone who rejects the Bible's teaching about the Messiah will also refuse to acknowledge the evidence of a miraculous resurrection.

This last verse is a sad prophecy about the Jews who, despite God's resurrection of His son from the power of the grave, have failed to recognize Yeshua as the prophesied Messiah.

View Poll Results: Is Replacement Theology anti-semitic?

Yes it is
bar2-l.gif
bar2.gif
bar2-r.gif
clear.gif
13 50.00%

No it is not
bar3-l.gif
bar3.gif
bar3-r.gif
clear.gif
13 50.00%

I am unsure
bar4-l.gif
bar4.gif
bar4-r.gif
clear.gif
0 0%

Other
bar5-l.gif
bar5.gif
bar5-r.gif
clear.gif
0 0%

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by PaladinValer
The Land is that owned by the Church. The country of Israel persecutes the Church. 'Nuff said.

The Church is the Kingdom. Israel could be blown sky high and nothing would change.
Replacement theology may not be anti-semitic, but if Israel is blown sky high, that would change everything actually.
That would give the country of Jordan a lot of ocean beach front property.....

John 3:26
and they came unto John and said to him, "Rabbi! He who was with thee beyond the Jordan, to whom thou didst testify, behold!
this One is baptizing and all are coming unto Him.'

images

George Strait-Ocean Front Property - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Habakk

Prayer Team †
Jun 10, 2011
Teesside
✟36,450.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
:)

I would say that the NT/NC faith of Jesus/Abraham is the Engine, while the OT/OC is of Moses [which is what Judaism bases their religion in] is the Caboose :preach:

This covenantle parable in Luke 16 would appear to describe "replacement theology" rather well, IMHO:

Lazarus and the Rich Man - Here a little, there a little - Commentary
NC JESUS/ABRAHAM VS OC LEVITICAL JUDAISM

Yeshua uses the last two verses of this parable as an amazing prophecy of his pending resurrection from the dead.
The rich man says that although his brothers may not accept the scriptural evidence for the identity of the Messiah, they will accept the evidence of one who is raised from the dead.
But Abraham answers and plainly tells him that anyone who rejects the Bible's teaching about the Messiah will also refuse to acknowledge the evidence of a miraculous resurrection.

This last verse is a sad prophecy about the Jews who, despite God's resurrection of His son from the power of the grave, have failed to recognize Yeshua as the prophesied Messiah.

View Poll Results: Is Replacement Theology anti-semitic?

Yes it is
bar2-l.gif
bar2.gif
bar2-r.gif
clear.gif
13 50.00%

No it is not
bar3-l.gif
bar3.gif
bar3-r.gif
clear.gif
13 50.00%

I am unsure
bar4-l.gif
bar4.gif
bar4-r.gif
clear.gif
0 0%

Other
bar5-l.gif
bar5.gif
bar5-r.gif
clear.gif
0 0%

Most of the early church and it's leaders were Jewish.

Upvote 0

Habakk

Prayer Team †
Jun 10, 2011
Teesside
✟36,450.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Replacement theology may not be anti-semitic, but if Israel is blown sky high, that would change everything actually.

True If Israel was blown sky high that would change a lot, but then God has preserved and dealt with his people for two milenia now so I don’t think that he will fail them now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0