Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Philadelphia Archbishop Charles Chaput gave the following address Oct. 19 at the 2016 Bishops' Symposium at the University of Notre Dame.

As I sat down to write my talk last week, a friend emailed me a copy if a manuscript illustration from the 13th century. It's a picture of Mary punching the devil in the nose. She doesn't rebuke him. She doesn't enter into a diologue with him. She punches the devil in the nose. So I think that's the perfect place to start our discussion.

Continued below.
http://m.ncregister.com/51296/d#.WAe7Tkb3bCQ

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Thanks for posting this. I am working on an article about how to faithfully be part of pop culture without losing your faith. It is part of a series I am doing for local High School students heading to college. This is a big help and I had somehow missed it.

Upvote 0

AvilaSurfer

Site Supporter
May 14, 2015
NO
✟936,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I didn't read the article yet, but I have to say that I'm learning more and more about Mary and her role as a warrior in Heaven. She's not "just" the mother of Jesus. She is one of the most feared saints and warriors against Satan and his followers.

• Agree
Reactions: Davidnic
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,666,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'd be very interested to read that David.

Thanks for posting this. I am working on an article about how to faithfully be part of pop culture without losing your faith. It is part of a series I am doing for local High School students heading to college. This is a big help and I had somehow missed it.

Upvote 0