Religious people: Did you feel any guilt when you lost your virginity?

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
The issue is without protection of the Christian view on the open board,there are only two possible outcomes otherwise.

Ah, so it's not that you can't say the Christian view at all on CF, it's that you can't say it on boards that are open to Christians and non-Christians? That seems like a slightly different kettle of fish.

I've been here for these discussions. I even got a warning for very politely demonstrating that one of the atheist posters was misrepresenting studies by going and getting a copy of the study and posting portions of it here on these boards. So he was in no trouble for being dishonest, but I got in trouble for using the word "disingenuous". You know, the one I just used on you that you had no trouble understanding without feeling I needed to be banned from CF.
Bias is annoying, isn't it? ;)

Either way, the Christian view is buried, which I am sure at least some portion of the atheist community considers as good as a victory. Drowning out objections, whole not good argumentation, is exceedingly effective rhetoric.
You'd be surprised how little of the community would view outright squelching of statement of opinion to be a good thing. Of course, if it can't stand up to scrutiny, then that's another matter.

Upvote 0

Larry Mondello

Frequent poster
Dec 3, 2011
Mayfield, USA
Visit site
✟15,934.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I didnt loose my virginity when i was a Christian, but before I came to Christ . When i came to Christ, I realized just how valueable and important it is to not loose your viginity since its THE most greatest gift you could ever give another person and it includes not just your sex organs but your entire Soul as well. For this reason, I wish i had not lost it to meaningless situations prior . But like anything else, God does forgive you for this mistake and gives you a second chance at getting your celibacy right .... and its THAT which im claiming today to the respect and honor of God as well as to myself.
Good post.
One kinda wonders if those non-Christian men who took the virginities of Christian women ever look back and regret that, especially those that later come to Christ.
Years later, when they don't know the woman (women) anymore, you wonder if they wish they hadn't taken a sweet Christian girl's innocence.

Imagine the girl regrets giving-in so easily.

Upvote 0

Nilloc

Senior Veteran
Mar 6, 2007
✟28,888.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I've never had sex. I also will never, ever get married. But I don't plan on remaining a virgin either and I have no guilt about that. And honestly, I think I actually would feel guilty having sex while married, whether it be my first or hundredth time.

Upvote 0

Larry Mondello

Frequent poster
Dec 3, 2011
Mayfield, USA
Visit site
✟15,934.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
like i have said sex is beautiful when your married. i waited and so to me waiting was wonderful and the love making felt great and i felt no shame or embarasment or regret at all. talking to friends of mine who have had sex before married lot of them had mixed some where ok some where not some broke up etc. to me sex is beautiful when your married
Jim,
Was your bride an innocent Christian virgin too?
Would be a beautiful night if lovemaking was new to both of them.

Even if both weren't virgins, the non-virgin (often the man) would surely see the light of Christ in his innocent virgin bride's life and admire her for waiting, and realize how great it was for him to wait, he would surely be won to the Lord even more by the actions of his spouse.

I also think this happens in dating relationships, when the guy the Christian woman dates is Christian but hasn't been so chaste or so "enthusiastic" about his faith as he once was.

He meets this virgin Christian woman who's "different," falls in love with her and is patient enough to wait for sex from her until marriage & stops pressuring her for sex as he did with other women, seeing how she's different and how she might be worth waiting for.

That kind of guy wasn't some pagan fornicator or "player," but one who got a little worldly but is drawn-back to the faith through his bride's actions.

Upvote 0