Anygma

Oct 22, 2006
NB
✟9,426.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
i think i have too much health issues i wouldn't want to be a burden on any congregation. i'd probably do better in a contemplative order if any.

i went for a weekend retreat at the Trappistines years ago, and i loved it. but i seriously doubt i could follow their sleep pattern. still would love to go back for some weekends.

the patron Saint of my birthday has been a wife, mother, widow and nun. so i suppose anything is possible. but i leave that in God's hands

Upvote 0

JennyKatz

I'm a leaf on the wind. . .watch how I soar
Nov 27, 2008
Connecticut
Visit site
✟16,134.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So far, no retreat I have been on has been much like I expected it to be. I mean, certain things you know will be there but still I always come away with a much different perspective than I went with.

Well, since I have no idea what goes on at retreats, I have no expectations about what it would be like. Are they expensive?

I've always liked looking at these websites of religious orders, but I don't know very much about them. I'd love to visit any of them though.

Home Page

(they have cool vocation stories ;)) Cloistered Passionist Nuns

Traditional Catholic Carmelite Convent - Religious Community of Contemplative Nuns - Vocation

(then as I mentioned before,) Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist ..I heard they have wonderful discernment retreats, I might go someday if it's God's will :)

Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament

There are also the Sisters of Life! :) they're getting lots of vocations too.
Sisters of Life | Homepage

I love reading vocations stories on these pages or watching interviews with nuns. For some reason, I always expect them to be dour, suffering under the sacrifice of living such a non-traditional life, but they're always smiling and they seem so at peace.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.