Jan 17, 2017
Virginia
✟9,685.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi I'm David,
Earlier this week my girlfriend of 2+ years asked to talk to me and called it quits. I don't know how to feel right now cause our relationship was/is great. Our compatibility up there on top of the chart, we have fun, love each other and individually our relationship with God is on the right track. We rarely fight or argue but during the two year span, we've had or rather she would ask to talk once every few months about our relationship. I'm the type of person who does a lot of things alone (qt/praying/many other things) and don't speak much, the quiet type. So during those talks she was not happy and upset that as two people who are in a serious relationship and both who are thinking about the future towards marriage we don't talk about our faith and lack communication in that area. She's been wanting to do marriage counseling from our church leaders and pastor, not in the tradition sense but so that we can communicate and share more openly about our faith. At first I didn't want to but evenly our young adults pastor felt compelled cause he saw us and knew that we felt serious and strongly about this relationship so he asked to marriage counseling before we even said anything to anyone. The most important thing that she values from her partner is where his faith is, how spiritual he is and how well he is in tune with God. I knew this from the start and I was confident enough to start this relationship with her so that both of us can grow stronger and more intimate with God. When she mentioned these things I would just always say "hey I'll do better, I'll communicate better and share more that's on my mine" to assure her that it will change. This same "let's talk" would arise once every couple/few months not because I wasn't sharing at all or just not owning up to my word but because it seemed like the bare minimum to her and because I'm not giving it a 100%. Don't get me wrong, I was doing more. Each time we talk there were little improvements but looking back now I can't say that I did give a 100% when I should have. I thought what I was doing and how I was approaching the situation was enough. Two years she waited and was patient with me, I understand how frustrating that can be. But I'm someone who never shares unless I'm force to, even in group settings, whether it's in small groups at church, I'm just not very good at sharing and don't prefer sharing my thoughts. So I was a little upset that she didn't take the small changes in my with that in mind. Then another one of these "let's talk" came about and she said let's talk in a week (since i was away from her half the time and she wanted give me some time to think and pray as well). Initially, you know waiting a week to tackle the problem seemed ridiculous and unfair to me because I was curious what she wanted to talk about this time cause things were going well (in my mind). During the "wait week", when texting each other she just didn't seem like herself (mind that we spoke and kept in touch 24/7 and just text whenever even if we had absolutely nothing to talk about), she just seemed like a shell of herself. So half the "wait week" we did talk but I knew something was wrong cause she's never been like this to the point where she couldn't even talk to normally, it just seemed like she was forcing herself to talk to me. So me going crazy wanted to know what was going on through text/phone but she insisted that we just talk in person when I'm back and when we're both free to talk in person. Which leads back to earlier this week when she wanted to part ways. I had time to pray and think about our relationship and through praying I was convinced that our source was the foundation on which we built/start this relationship. We both wanted to build a relationship centered around God yet we lost track of that and became caught up in the worldly/culture aspect in the relationship. So during during the other times when I said "hey things will get better cause I'll try harder to express myself and show my faith more," I wasn't lying but just taking the wrong approach and just tried to build on the wrong foundation. So on the day of the talk she just said that she's just tired and is drained of this relationship because the one thing (level of faith and the spiritual aspect) she needs she doesn't really see and change and tells me that she can't really see herself with me as a potential spouse. Of course I was devastated cause I was a point where I could really see myself with this person and to ask her to be my life partner was right here/there (I was looking at rings/houses and ready to speak to her parents' permission for marriage). I explained to her that during the "wait week" where I prayed and really thought about our relationship I believed that our foundation was the problem and she explains that yes that's true and that she's been saying let's do something about it this entire time for the past 2 years yet nothing's really been done about it. I told her that okay I get it clearly now so let's try to work this out and build a renewed foundation centered around what we wanted from the beginning cause even broken things can be a blessing if mended by God but she just said no and that she's be draining and that she is completely drained now to give me another chance. I understood her and didn't understand her because I wanted her give me another chance where the things she wanted didn't have to be squeezed/forced out of me and that they comes out naturally if our foundation is rebuilt but she said it's too late and it's been 2 years at that she can't do this anymore or have the desire to do this with me. She also mentioned that her color of faith is different from mine. She explained that her desire in this relationship was dissolving quickly and the only thing was keeping it was to think back to the beginning of the relationship and how she felt for me. I've asked multiple times and asked to let's try this again cause she is the person for me in every way and I just blew it. I asked to talk the following day and asked again and again to give me one last chance to make this relationship work so that but she said she doesn't want to and doesn't have any desire to be in a relationship with me. It's never that I didn't listen to her, it just took over and over several times for me to clearly take the right approach to this situation....but now it's too late.

I don't know what to do. I know it's my fault that it lead to this point. I couldn't see that she was so drained, that she was on her last straw. I was too slow to listen and too quick to talk and become angry when it should have been the other way around. I blame myself for losing the girl of my dreams right now. I know that God made this relationship possible from the start (that another story in itself) and that God has a reason for all these things but I don't know what to do. I can't blame anyone but myself cause I didn't give a 100%. It was too late when I, myself saw the clear picture. I don't want to lose her. I didn't know being too quiet/not sharing a lot can show my faith/spiritual level, I thought it was more character based and maybe that what she means when she says "we have a different color of faith." I don't want this to be the end of our story cause I can't see my future without her in it. She's very certain on her decision, that she doesn't want a relationship with me. Is there anything I can do? What should I do? What can I do to possibly spark that fire between us again and for her to give it shot again, one last time? I want this relationship and want to make it work, where I know the problem and where I can give all I have.

Thank you for reading my current situation and I'm apologize if it was hard to understand what I just wrote. Please let me know if I can clarify anything for you. Thank you again.

Last edited:

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi; good to see you on the forums, God bless His Word to you.

Whether by yourself or with someone else, a daily prayerful Bible reading habit is so important; in this way, the Lord Jesus, the only Saviour of sinners and Who is greater than every situation - Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, the first and the last - can become the centre of our desires and aspirations.

Your post reminds me a bit of something that someone wrote when his wife passed away; he felt like the light had gone out of his world. He then went to the Dakotas as a rough rider, later served in the military and remarried and...his name was Theodore Roosevelt, succeeding President McKinley.

Whatever happens or does not happen, it's not the end; and remember: prayerfully depending day by day on the Lord Jesus and feeding on God's Word is a really good and valuable thing.

Upvote 0

heathorheather

Jan 17, 2017
Virginia
✟9,685.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi; good to see you on the forums, God bless His Word to you.

Whether by yourself or with someone else, a daily prayerful Bible reading habit is so important; in this way, the Lord Jesus, the only Saviour of sinners and Who is greater than every situation - Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, the first and the last - can become the centre of our desires and aspirations.

Your post reminds me a bit of something that someone wrote when his wife passed away; he felt like the light had gone out of his world. He then went to the Dakotas as a rough rider, later served in the military and remarried and...his name was Theodore Roosevelt, succeeding President McKinley.

Whatever happens or does not happen, it's not the end; and remember: prayerfully depending day by day on the Lord Jesus and feeding on God's Word is a really good and valuable thing.

Thank you for taking the time to read and for the feedback/advice

Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah man, I get it. Sometimes, different personalities have different consequences. Where you felt you meshed well with her, she didn't feel the same way. And she really, really tried, for 2+ years. That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you, because you had enough great qualities for her to stick around for so long. But over that time, it changed for her.

Honestly, asking for some kind of spark trick to get her to like you again is almost like asking for a magic trick. It's very possible that God has someone better in mind for you. Or she might be the one. Either way, don't change who you are. It might take her dating someone else for a time to realize you were the one she wants.

My point is, we can't tell the future and there is no "spark" making maching. All you can do is accept that she wants to end the relationship. Give her some space and let her do her thing. Trust me, to hang around and beg her to go back out with you or trying really hard to pretend to be someone you're not will be obvious and desperate

Upvote 0

heathorheather

Jan 17, 2017
Virginia
✟9,685.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yeah man, I get it. Sometimes, different personalities have different consequences. Where you felt you meshed well with her, she didn't feel the same way. And she really, really tried, for 2+ years. That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you, because you had enough great qualities for her to stick around for so long. But over that time, it changed for her.

Honestly, asking for some kind of spark trick to get her to like you again is almost like asking for a magic trick. It's very possible that God has someone better in mind for you. Or she might be the one. Either way, don't change who you are. It might take her dating someone else for a time to realize you were the one she wants.

My point is, we can't tell the future and there is no "spark" making maching. All you can do is accept that she wants to end the relationship. Give her some space and let her do her thing. Trust me, to hang around and beg her to go back out with you or trying really hard to pretend to be someone you're not will be obvious and desperate

Thank you

Upvote 0

heathorheather

Jan 17, 2017
Virginia
✟9,685.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
If you value your relationship you would listen

Of course I valued my relationship, I thought what I was doing, the improvements were going in the right direction. But the approach I took was not the way to go and after the same thing over and over it just became more and more clear. If I clearly understood that I don't think I would be in this position.

Upvote 0

look4hope

Love.Fellowship.Joy
Angels Team
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Dec 6, 2012
Somewhere in Jersey
✟382,922.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Hi. Sometimes relationships need a break. Time to reflect on yourselves as individuals. If there was something she didn't feel comfortable with in the relationship, just make sure both are honest with each other and express all concerns and see what can be done to try again.

Don't lose that hope of "trying again". If it is a strong love, then things can turn around in a positive way.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
well...sounds like theres a bit of incompatibility there and she said her faith was different to yours..if you could explain that better would be able to advise you whether its salvageable or not.

Sometimes you just need to break and go separate ways if you not in agreement. Maybe you are ahead of her and she can't keep up. Or maybe its the other way round.

Or it could be she's making a detour to deal with some of her own stuff..

Or she could be turning back. Hard to tell from what you've written but understand you must be devastated if you were considering engagement and marriage. But better you know now than be yoked together unequally.

For yourself stay close to God and remember He still loves you married or unmarried. And if your broken hearted take those pieces to Him.

Upvote 0

heathorheather

Jan 17, 2017
Virginia
✟9,685.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi. Sometimes relationships need a break. Time to reflect on yourselves as individuals. If there was something she didn't feel comfortable with in the relationship, just make sure both are honest with each other and express all concerns and see what can be done to try again.

Don't lose that hope of "trying again". If it is a strong love, then things can turn around in a positive way.

Thank you. But I'm just wondering is "too late" really too late? I feel as if I can see clearer than ever and truly believe that by rebuilding our foundation will lead us both in the right direction and those wants that she's been wanting will be fulfilled.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

heathorheather

Jan 17, 2017
Virginia
✟9,685.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
well...sounds like theres a bit of incompatibility there and she said her faith was different to yours..if you could explain that better would be able to advise you whether its salvageable or not.

Sometimes you just need to break and go separate ways if you not in agreement. Maybe you are ahead of her and she can't keep up. Or maybe its the other way round.

Or it could be she's making a detour to deal with some of her own stuff..

Or she could be turning back. Hard to tell from what you've written but understand you must be devastated if you were considering engagement and marriage. But better you know now than be yoked together unequally.

For yourself stay close to God and remember He still loves you married or unmarried. And if your broken hearted take those pieces to Him.

Thank you for reading my story. The difference in faith part, well she just sees something one way and I see it in a different perspective. I'm not saying what she is seeing is wrong in any way cause I can see/understand what she means and how she's coming these thoughts, it's just my first or initial thought is a little different. So the few times we talked about like "what did you think about the service today" I would say something just a little bit different. Again in no way I'm saying "I'm right and your'e wrong" but just the initial thought process is different but we both come to understand each other and say things like "yeah that too" or "I agree as well" when we talk about it, which was very lacking. She said that the only way to show someone's faith and where they stand with God is through talking and communicating and though I believe my faith is strong and my relationship with God is growing, I just never communicated and talked throughly/in detail about that part of my life. She's been wanting to do marriage counseling from our church leaders and pastor, not in the tradition sense but so that we can communicate and share more openly about our faith. At first I didn't want to but evenly our young adults pastor felt compelled cause he saw us and knew that we felt serious and strongly about this relationship so he asked to marriage counseling before we even said anything to anyone, so we agreed to it. That conversation with the pastor was about a month ago and we've never really started the counseling, he said he'll let us know and just provided us with a book so we can't say that we tried. This isn't my first relationship so I know what it's like to go our separate ways cause things weren't working out but in this case I was just approaching the situation wrong and tackling something else and realized this wasn't the way I should go about it but rather rebuild a foundation around God and His words. So I'm seeing the clear picture now and where we should tackle our problem but she's saying it's too late and that she's at a point where she is too drained and can't invest/sacrifice any more into this relationship, that her door is closed already. Which is heartbreaking cause I feel/know that this is the way to fix the issue. Before starting this relationship we didn't start our relationship right away because she felt something like this would come about. We didn't start this relationship until 6/7 months or on and off dating/just seeing each other and when I did confess she said no. I was just persistent during those months and she decided to start relationship and took a leap of faith and now here we are 2+ years later. Since we or rather I know where to exactly tackle our those problems in our relationship this relationship can be beautiful. I know it's selfish for me to ask give me another chance or let's try one more time when she was just so drained. Other than this problem like I said we complimented each other almost perfectly and never argued or fought about anything. In almost every way if I had to describe who I want my wife to be, it's her and I don't want to lose her because of the way I approached the problem. I didn't know being too quiet/not sharing a lot can show my faith/spiritual level, I thought it was more character based and maybe that what she means when she says "we have a different color of faith."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you love something, set it free. If it returns to you; it was truly meant to be.
I don't quote that to be glib. I think there is some truth in there. Before I got married, I was in a relationship that I though was the ONE. We complimented each other so well, worked together so well, he was a great Christian man, etc.....But, it ended. It was devastating, it hurt, ..... I couldn't imagine ever being in a better relationship or someone more suited to me. My mind glossed over the picky little problems that were there for both of us; but we could make it work!; my mind argued. We remained friends and in each others' lives for a while. But, it was very painful. I really had to separate myself from him and heal, just be single for a while and work on myself and know what I wanted. I met my husband a few years later and honestly he is a better match for me (and I for him) than the guy that I thought was the ONE! So my advice is give it time, try to let her go, work on yourself. She might come back into your life, but she might not and God might have a better match that isn't so much work to get along.

Upvote 0

heathorheather

Jan 17, 2017
Virginia
✟9,685.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
If you love something, set it free. If it returns to you; it was truly meant to be.
I don't quote that to be glib. I think there is some truth in there. Before I got married, I was in a relationship that I though was the ONE. We complimented each other so well, worked together so well, he was a great Christian man, etc.....But, it ended. It was devastating, it hurt, ..... I couldn't imagine ever being in a better relationship or someone more suited to me. My mind glossed over the picky little problems that were there for both of us; but we could make it work!; my mind argued. We remained friends and in each others' lives for a while. But, it was very painful. I really had to separate myself from him and heal, just be single for a while and work on myself and know what I wanted. I met my husband a few years later and honestly he is a better match for me (and I for him) than the guy that I thought was the ONE! So my advice is give it time, try to let her go, work on yourself. She might come back into your life, but she might not and God might have a better match that isn't so much work to get along.

Thank you sharing. But the biggest thing I'm struggling with is that those things that she mentioned and wanted are the things that I wanted and what I was seeking. And we talked about it before where our foundation is focused wrong so let's think about that. But rather than breaking that a rebuilding a new foundation I just built on top of the old one which seemed to work then it would just collapse. Now I know where to focus, it's not just me doing this and that more. But she's been drained and doesn't believe/and can't can give another chance at this relationship because she's just going to move on from this. I know I made her wait too long, I take responsibility for that and realize now that those "let's talks" were chances that she was giving me throughout the 2+ years. She expressed that the way she felt about me wasn't a sudden drop, it's been gradually dropping because that one thing that's so important her isn't being fulfilled and that it's too late. I mean, is too late really just too late to salvage? She said she did see a future together but that's in the past now.

Upvote 0

tienkhoanguyen

non-denominational Christian
Dec 17, 2016
Houston, TX
✟1,815.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Thank you sharing. But the biggest thing I'm struggling with is that those things that she mentioned and wanted are the things that I wanted and what I was seeking. And we talked about it before where our foundation is focused wrong so let's think about that. But rather than breaking that a rebuilding a new foundation I just built on top of the old one which seemed to work then it would just collapse. Now I know where to focus, it's not just me doing this and that more. But she's been drained and doesn't believe/and can't can give another chance at this relationship because she's just going to move on from this. I know I made her wait too long, I take responsibility for that and realize now that those "let's talks" were chances that she was giving me throughout the 2+ years. She expressed that the way she felt about me wasn't a sudden drop, it's been gradually dropping because that one thing that's so important her isn't being fulfilled and that it's too late. I mean, is too late really just too late to salvage? She said she did see a future together but that's in the past now.
This is a little odd, but me and my mom have lived together all our lives. We have our ups and downs. One day we starting arguing and she said if you can't behave she has no choice but to rent an apartment for me or let me go to a nursing home. She God was telling me in a mysterious way that if you don't shape up you might lose the one you love. So if you are are doing something you shouldn't I would recommend being careful and I am not accusing you of anything. It is just a friendly sharing of what I went through almost losing my mother forever!

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
@heathorheather, you need to get rid of your thoughts of yourself and what you need to do, and even thoughts about her. What you have needed to do all this time is make Jesus the center of all your thoughts and everything you do. It requires a serious commitment that results in you altering everything in your life for Jesus (not for her—and you lay down what you want for yourself, too). It doesn't have to do with what you do for the relationship, it has to do with where your heart is. It is impossible to hide the truth of this about you from people who are wholly devoted to Jesus.

I don't know what she meant by "different color of faith," but I can tell you what it means to me: to some their "faith" is Christianity, to others their "faith" is the good they are doing for God (e.g., serving the poor), and to others it is asserting and standing for the truth about the good news that Jesus died for their sins. None of these are the faith we need, though. The word faith is not used in these ways much in the Bible. Faith, in Scripture, is a reference to how deeply in your heart you genuinely believe in Jesus, how much you are devoted to HIM in your heart, how deep your acceptance is that everything he said is exactly true, and how deeply you have entrusted yourself to him. When he is the center of your heart, you will be loving Jesus.

This is not actually something you are in direct control of. You can't just make yourself like that. You need to seek God for it in a serious way. In a desperate way, in a life-consuming way. At the deepest, you will be willing to give up your relationships for Jesus, give up yourself (all you think, say, and do), and even be willing to die for him if that's what he chooses for you.

When you have gotten to this point (because of what God does in you), the blessings you see in Scripture will be true for you. It is through your unity with God that you become a good listener, loving, easily obedient, full of joy, hope, and thankfulness. Through this, all your relationships will work, because you have let God be in control of who you spend time with and what you do together. He will be in control, and you'll know it in your heart, of everything in your life and around you, and you will then see what it is like for the sovereign, almighty God to love you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
If you cant talk about stuff easily with each other thats no good.
What is your prayer life like? Do you talk to God much?

Or do you just expect Him to know everything before you say a word. GOd may understand but we Women are not God or mind readers.

When we believe we confess with our MOUTH and believe in our hearts that jEsus is Lord. See romans 10:9 JEsus asks us to proclaim him from the rooftops, even the stones do not stay silent.

See Matthew 10:27 and Luke 10:40

Why are you not vocal about your faith in Him? Is it fear?

Upvote 0

tienkhoanguyen

Dec 17, 2016
Houston, TX
✟1,815.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
First of all I see a problem. You are trying too hard to keep the relationship intact. If your girlfriend wants to call it quits then it may be over. I remember a time when my girlfriend left for at least a year and we didn't see each other for at least that time. If she wanted me I didn't care. Once in a while I would ask her friends if she was okay. She came back and ended up in a relationship with someone else. So sometimes life sucks. Not all things goes your way. Not everyone gets everything they want out of life.

Also I once fell ***madly*** in love with a chick I thought was definitely the one. Then she called it quits because I didn't get the hint she already had another guy on the side. I was heart broken and bitter for a decade!!! However today I'm happy again. Sometimes God says it's not the right person for you and is off limits.

The Holy Bible says "Wait upon The LORD and he shall save you!" It also says if you wait God will give you a wife of your own age whom you've known since youth. So if you are only 10 years short of death there is still hope to find her.

Upvote 0

tienkhoanguyen

Dec 17, 2016
Houston, TX
✟1,815.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If you cant talk about stuff easily with each other thats no good.
What is your prayer life like? Do you talk to God much?

Or do you just expect Him to know everything before you say a word. GOd may understand but we Women are not God or mind readers.

When we believe we confess with our MOUTH and believe in our hearts that jEsus is Lord. See romans 10:9 JEsus asks us to proclaim him from the rooftops, even the stones do not stay silent.

See Matthew 10:27 and Luke 10:40

Why are you not vocal about your faith in Him? Is it fear?
Thank you! I needed that. I need to talk ****WITH with mutual consent***** my real mom and my friend who is a girl my age.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
It is not too late but you need to actually build your foundation on Jesus who is the rock not on this lady. You are depending too much on her this is what I see.

You cannot place your faith in a woman. Its not going to work. Your faith needs to be in Jesus. Give her a break.

Allow God to grow you. It is like trees planted too close together. She feels crowded and needs room and so do you. I domt know if you know anything about gardening but if you want to grow a crop you thin out the seedlings and plant them in different spaces so they dont compete for water and then can grow bigger. It might seem like you far apart now cos you are only small but actually this separation is good for you. You both need room. How old are you btw.

Upvote 0

heathorheather

Jan 17, 2017
Virginia
✟9,685.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
@heathorheather, you need to get rid of your thoughts of yourself and what you need to do, and even thoughts about her. What you have needed to do all this time is make Jesus the center of all your thoughts and everything you do. It requires a serious commitment that results in you altering everything in your life for Jesus (not for her—and you lay down what you want for yourself, too). It doesn't have to do with what you do for the relationship, it has to do with where your heart is. It is impossible to hide the truth of this about you from people who are wholly devoted to Jesus.

I don't know what she meant by "different color of faith," but I can tell you what it means to me: to some their "faith" is Christianity, to others their "faith" is the good they are doing for God (e.g., serving the poor), and to others it is asserting and standing for the truth about the good news that Jesus died for their sins. None of these are the faith we need, though. The word faith is not used in these ways much in the Bible. Faith, in Scripture, is a reference to how deeply in your heart you genuinely believe in Jesus, how much you are devoted to HIM in your heart, how deep your acceptance is that everything he said is exactly true, and how deeply you have entrusted yourself to him. When he is the center of your heart, you will be loving Jesus.

This is not actually something you are in direct control of. You can't just make yourself like that. You need to seek God for it in a serious way. In a desperate way, in a life-consuming way. At the deepest, you will be willing to give up your relationships for Jesus, give up yourself (all you think, say, and do), and even be willing to die for him if that's what he chooses for you.

When you have gotten to this point (because of what God does in you), the blessings you see in Scripture will be true for you. It is through your unity with God that you become a good listener, loving, easily obedient, full of joy, hope, and thankfulness. Through this, all your relationships will work, because you have let God be in control of who you spend time with and what you do together. He will be in control, and you'll know it in your heart, of everything in your life and around you, and you will then see what it is like for the sovereign, almighty God to love you.

Thank you for reading my post. And yes I agree with you. I'm just disappointed in myself that it took me this long to clearly see that and that it's too late according to her. We talked about the triangle analogy (I'm sure you heard of it before) where one point represents me, one represents her and the last point represents God. If we both focus on God we'll just natural come together by moving towards him. We both wanted this and started out like that but somehow along the way what we wanted wasn't represented. I can't say I was moving away from God because I have grown during those times but I just never shared. My attention was more on her and how to fulfill those missing pieces so the two points just never met. But I'm saying now everything is clear, yes I thought about our relationship in detail but just never the root of the problem. I just thought it could be fixed on top of everything. I just want that chance or opportunity to finish our goals and what we started.

Upvote 0