✟1,295,375.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Picked up this evening [ i.e. just now :D ]

[fx: throat clearing]

My fellow Americans (1) residents of East London,

Having consulted with my Counsellors,(2) and taking into account the mix of backgrounds in this borough, I can find no acceptable reason for any of you to be engaging in private pyrotechnic displays. If you do happen to be celebrating the victory of Servius Tullius, king of Rome, over the Etruscans, I promise that next year I will fund your festivities. As I find this to be unlikely, please note the following:

After I lead Panzers down Whitehall storm Newham Town Hall (3) people like you, who engage in unseasonal pyrotechnics, will receive a single warning to cease and desists. This warning will consist of the insertion of a lit Roman candle - business end first - up your backsides. If you repeat your offence, I shall then have to take serious measures.

You have been warned.

1. Sorry, old habits die hard.
2. Lie, it was Wikipedia.
3. Should probably just start local, then work my way up.

Yes - he's still having fireworks every day and it's now been going on for weeks I'm told the record was daily fireworks from September to March !! That was only 2 years ago

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Hi Red Fox !

You know - I think tomorrow Reilly's should be a NO 'TURKEY DAY FESTIVITIES' day.

After all the majority of us here are not Americans. Let them have their festivities - we will just be our normal 'mad' selves

Well, i think the rest of us have been thoroughly and snobbishly put in our places as per usual.
Are you ever going to get over the fact that we've left home for an even bigger home,
and that we're doing just fine thank you?

or maybe us Americans should just mob the place, take it hostage for three wonderful days
and have a feast of turkey, stuffing, potatoes and pumkin pie, parades with turkey floats and marching bands,
wonderful play-by-play football games, and Black Friday shopping at all the big box stores complete with crowded malls,
totally full parking lots, loads of traffic, and huge sales???

And then we'll follow up with Black Saturday where we go out and shop the local stores with all our friends for more bargains,
and we'll stuff their registers as well.
We'll run in local "Turkey Trot" marathons that benefit charities,
(and we'll stuff down even MORE wonderful turkey left-overs).

We'll have a huge amount of feasting and fun here, and let the rest of you sulk at home because you're missing all the fun.

and then we'll tell the true story of Thanksgiving.
How our friends the Indians came to us with gifts of food to save a starving colony,
and how our Pilgrim leader Gov. William Bradford was greatful and became friends with those same Indians.
It was a friendship that was to last his entire life.

How the colonists learned from their new friends about how to plant a fish in each hill of corn, and how they also
learned how to grow squash alongside the corn.

so yes, you Brits can sit and sulk tomorrow and all through the week-end if you like, while the rest of us gather together, feast,
have tons of fun, and greatfully remember how and why our lives forever changed
because of the gifts of friends.

or you could decide to join us because there's always a place at our table for you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,295,375.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT THE WEATHER ??

I take it all back - back to normal as I was just taking the stuff out of the car.

Decided that as well as food stuff I'd better get in some more screen wash for the car - winter grade

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.