Reformed Baptists and Pre-Trib Rapture

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatrickJ

Aug 3, 2005
✟7,700.00
Faith
Christian
That's good to hear since I'm not a believer in pre-trib and am looking for a church home. Are Reformed Baptists non-legalistic?

arunma said:
I know there's at least one pre-trib person at my church (which is Reformed Baptist). Most people at my church do not believe in the pre-trib rapture, and neither do the pastors and elders.

Upvote 0

mlqurgw

Aug 19, 2005
kain tuck ee
✟8,844.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
PatrickJ said:
That's good to hear since I'm not a believer in pre-trib and am looking for a church home. Are Reformed Baptists non-legalistic?
For the most part Reformed Baptists are au-mil, some are post-mil and a few are historical pre-mil. None that I know are dispensational pre-mil.

Upvote 0

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The reformed baptist church I was a part of was a-mil. Dispensationalism tended to be looked down upon. I do understand that there are classic premils amongst the RB, and many aren't familiar with premil apart from dispensationalism (I know I'm not familiar with it).

Upvote 0

mlqurgw

Aug 19, 2005
kain tuck ee
✟8,844.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
menno said:
The reformed baptist church I was a part of was a-mil. Dispensationalism tended to be looked down upon. I do understand that there are classic premils amongst the RB, and many aren't familiar with premil apart from dispensationalism (I know I'm not familiar with it).
John Gill was a pre-mil. Most don't know that. :cry:

Upvote 0

arunma

Flaming Calvinist
Apr 29, 2004
✟19,415.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
PatrickJ said:

I can't speak about all Reformed Baptists, but my church is anything but legalistic. We believe in the fundamentals of the faith (for example, we do not believe that salvation is possible for non-Christians), yet at the same time, the pastors at our church preach against fundamentalism. We are not legalistic by any means.

But in case you were worried about one of the more famous issues: no, we are not anti-dancing.

Upvote 0

JPPT1974

April Showers and Easter 2024!
Mar 18, 2004
Small Town, USA
✟569,761.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
arunma said:
I can't speak about all Reformed Baptists, but my church is anything but legalistic. We believe in the fundamentals of the faith (for example, we do not believe that salvation is possible for non-Christians), yet at the same time, the pastors at our church preach against fundamentalism. We are not legalistic by any means.

But in case you were worried about one of the more famous issues: no, we are not anti-dancing.

My church is that way too
As we believe in the fundamentals of the faith
And that salvation is possible for those who accept Christ as Savior & Lord
As Jesus is the one & only way to heaven and to God the Father.

Upvote 0

Imblessed

Reformed Baptist with a Quaker heritage
Aug 8, 2004
Ohio
✟10,256.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
PatrickJ said:

depends on what you mean by legalistic. I would say no, because none of the RB's I know are.

Try going over to semper-reformanda and asking. Quite a few reformed baptists post over there instead of here.

I don't think any of them are pre-trib. I believe most are amill.....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mlqurgw

Aug 19, 2005
kain tuck ee
✟8,844.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
DeaconDean said:
This may sound silly, but what are they reformed from? Someone please enlighten me. :scratch:
It is my understanding that they believe they too came from the Reformation. They claim to hold to Reformed theology except on the issue of infant baptism. I believe they hold mostly to a view of Baptist history called the English Seperatist view. Of course I could be wrong as it has been known to happen before. ;)

Upvote 0

PatrickJ

Aug 3, 2005
✟7,700.00
Faith
Christian
Good idea. Can I get this thread moved to the Reformed forum?

Imblessed said:
depends on what you mean by legalistic. I would say no, because none of the RB's I know are.

Try going over to semper-reformanda and asking. Quite a few reformed baptists post over there instead of here.

I don't think any of them are pre-trib. I believe most are amill.....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.