Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Peanut Gallery
for
Reflections of God

and His Love, Mercy, and Grace,
as recorded in His Word

The purpose of this thread is to reflect on God's nature. It is not intended to be just one reflection but many reflections of the One God who loves and adores us and sent His son to die for our sins so that we may live eternally with Him. He gives many names to Himself and each reflect a different aspect of who He is. This is kinda like a daily reflection maybe, although one is free to read them all at once. :)

Teaching

Last edited:

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Not sure what you are asking for in this thread, can you elaborate what you are looking for? thanks
When we make a teaching thread we are required to add a Peanut Gallery thread as well. This is so that people who want to disagree, or agree or just add their thoughts on the teaching, or whatever :)

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When we make a teaching thread we are required to add a Peanut Gallery thread as well. This is so that people who want to disagree, or agree or just add their thoughts on the teaching, or whatever :)
oh, so I missed the real thread...still getting use to some things, thanks

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
oh, so I missed the real thread...still getting use to some things, thanks
Me too razzelflabben. :D The teaching thread is in the teaching section but only the starter of the thread may post in it, hence the Peanut Gallery :)

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Me too razzelflabben. :D The teaching thread is in the teaching section but only the starter of the thread may post in it, hence the Peanut Gallery :)
why would anyone want to teach without any communication and challenge from the "students"? I don't get that at all...maybe why I don't venture much into the "teaching thread"

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
why would anyone want to teach without any communication and challenge from the "students"? I don't get that at all...maybe why I don't venture much into the "teaching thread"
That's why there is a Peanut Gallery, so that those reading can communicate, or challenge, or whatever, without the teaching thread itself becoming a free for all and disrupting the teaching.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That's why there is a Peanut Gallery, so that those reading can communicate, or challenge, or whatever, without the teaching thread itself becoming a free for all and disrupting the teaching.
from experience, if the teaching is sound, and everyone's premise is the same, there is very little to no discussion, disrupting, etc. In fact, I have started discussion threads that taught what I have learned and can't get a half dozen responses, drives me crazy. To limit it even more is just crazy to me personally.

That being said, let me point out that if premises are different, I get it, like for example, if we don't accept the teachings of Paul and the teaching includes Paul's teachings I get where there would be debate, but that is a simple matter of saying, the teaching according to Paul, or the teaching including the writings of Paul...rather than allow it to be taken off topic to why or why not we should include Paul.

Don't get me wrong, I am okay with it, and really appreciate your clarification. I simply don't get why anyone teaching with the authority of God aka scripture, would want to limit themselves with a strictly teaching thread. Students couldn't even ask questions of clarity or say amen...just isn't the kind of teaching I like (giving or receiving) and seems contrary to the purpose of teaching from my perspective.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SpiritPsalmist

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
from experience, if the teaching is sound, and everyone's premise is the same, there is very little to no discussion, disrupting, etc. In fact, I have started discussion threads that taught what I have learned and can't get a half dozen responses, drives me crazy. To limit it even more is just crazy to me personally.

That being said, let me point out that if premises are different, I get it, like for example, if we don't accept the teachings of Paul and the teaching includes Paul's teachings I get where there would be debate, but that is a simple matter of saying, the teaching according to Paul, or the teaching including the writings of Paul...rather than allow it to be taken off topic to why or why not we should include Paul.

Don't get me wrong, I am okay with it, and really appreciate your clarification. I simply don't get why anyone teaching with the authority of God aka scripture, would want to limit themselves with a strictly teaching thread. Students couldn't even ask questions of clarity or say amen...just isn't the kind of teaching I like (giving or receiving) and seems contrary to the purpose of teaching from my perspective.
Many of us here have experienced differently and the disruptions were so bad that a thought could not even be finished without disruption. Again, that's what the Peanut Gallery is for, so that anyone who wants to ask or add to the teaching may do so in the Peanut Gallery.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
What I can do is copy and paste the teaching here and people may respond accordingly. :) The first one is Isaiah 40:27-31.

Isaiah 40:27-31 International Children’s Bible (ICB) said:
27 People of Jacob, why do you complain? People of Israel, why do you say, “The Lord does not see what happens to me. He does not care if I am treated fairly”? 28 Surely you know. Surely you have heard. The Lord is the God who lives forever. He created all the world. He does not become tired or need to rest. No one can understand how great his wisdom is. 29 The Lord gives strength to those who are tired. He gives more power to those who are weak. 30 Even boys become tired and need to rest. Even young men trip and fall. 31 But the people who trust the Lord will become strong again. They will be able to rise up as an eagle in the sky. They will run without needing rest. They will walk without becoming tired.

THE ONE WHO RAISES ME UP LIKE AN EAGLE

Why do we complain? Why do we say "the Lord does not care what happens to me"?

The Lord is the God who lives forever. He created the world. He does not become tired or need rest. He gives strength to those who are tired. He gives power to those who are weak. :clap:

The verse I want to focus on is verse 31. The New King James puts it this way: "But those who wait on the Lord Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

I love this verse. :)

First let's consider what it means to wait.
    1. One definition is: to continue as one is in expectation of.
    2. an act or instance of waiting or awaiting; delay; halt

Right after the statements of
  • The Lord is the God who lives forever,
  • He created all the world,
  • He does not become tired or need rest,
  • No one can understand how great His wisdom is,
  • The Lord gives strength to those who are tired,
  • He gives more power to those who are weak,
He says "those who wait on the Lord will renew their strength". Waiting...trusting the Lord to act on our behalf. Why? Because He's told us He will. When? When we wait. What do we do during this waiting time? We reflect on Him. If you can think of nothing else to say say, "The Lord is the God who lives forever, He created all the world, He does not become tired or need rest, no one can understand how great His wisdom is, the Lord gives strength to whose who are tired, and boy am I tired, and I'm weak but as I wait on the Lord for His power and His strength I will mount up with wings like eagles".

Bald eagles fly like other birds by gaining lift from their wing surface. The wing has a concave underside and convex outerside such that wind passing over it creates upward lift. If the lift is greater than the mass they will rise. ~The Center for Conservation Biology~

So what is it that God is telling us?

As we wait, and praise, and worship Him, and spend time with Him, the wind of the Holy Spirit will lift us up above those things that weigh us down. We will have the strength to continue our walk with Him, we will run and not be weary and we will walk and not faint.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Joy in God's Faithfulness

Zephaniah 3:14-17 New King James Version said:
14 Sing, O daughter of Zion! Shout, O Israel! Be glad and rejoice with all your heart (Phil 4:4), O daughter of Jerusalem! 15 The Lord has taken away your judgments, He has cast out your enemy. The King of Israel, the Lord, is in your midst; You shall see disaster no more.

16 In that day it shall be said to Jerusalem: “Do not fear; Zion, let not your hands be weak. 17 The Lord your God in your midst, The Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.”

THE ONE WHO SINGS OVER ME WITH LOVE AND JOY

Sing, Shout, Be glad with all your heart. If you are trusting in Jesus for your salvation The Lord has taken away your judgments. Do not fear, don't let your hands be weak. The Lord is there with you. The Mighty One who saves. He will rejoice enthusiastically over you with Joy! He will rest in His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.

Can you see it? The King of the universe delivering you from the things that so easily draw you away then He's enthusiastically dancing with joy over YOU! He loves YOU! His love is there to quiet you from your fears and frustrations. He's gazing into your eyes with intense love and He's singing over you.

Such a merciful God He is.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
What I can do is copy and paste the teaching here and people may respond accordingly. :) The first one is Isaiah 40:27-31.

Why do we complain? Why do we say "the Lord does not care what happens to me"?

The Lord is the God who lives forever. He created the world. He does not become tired or need rest. He gives strength to those who are tired. He gives power to those who are weak. :clap:

The verse I want to focus on is verse 31. The New King James puts it this way: "But those who wait on the Lord Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

I love this verse. :)

First let's consider what it means to wait.
    1. One definition is: to continue as one is in expectation of.
    2. an act or instance of waiting or awaiting; delay; halt

Right after the statements of
  • The Lord is the God who lives forever,
  • He created all the world,
  • He does not become tired or need rest,
  • No one can understand how great His wisdom is,
  • The Lord gives strength to those who are tired,
  • He gives more power to those who are weak,
He says "those who wait on the Lord will renew their strength". Waiting...trusting the Lord to act on our behalf. Why? Because He's told us He will. When? When we wait. What do we do during this waiting time? We reflect on Him. If you can think of nothing else to say say, "The Lord is the God who lives forever, He created all the world, He does not become tired or need rest, no one can understand how great His wisdom is, the Lord gives strength to whose who are tired, and boy am I tired, and I'm weak but as I wait on the Lord for His power and His strength I will mount up with wings like eagles".

Bald eagles fly like other birds by gaining lift from their wing surface. The wing has a concave underside and convex outerside such that wind passing over it creates upward lift. If the lift is greater than the mass they will rise. ~The Center for Conservation Biology~

So what is it that God is telling us?

As we wait, and praise, and worship Him, and spend time with Him, the wind of the Holy Spirit will lift us up above those things that weigh us down. We will have the strength to continue our walk with Him, we will run and not be weary and we will walk and not faint.

Thank you. i LOVE Isaiah, and i'm listening to this beautiful and ministering song right now.

God bless you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you. i LOVE Isaiah, and i'm listening to this beautiful and ministering song right now.

God bless you.
Isaiah is a favorite of mine also! its themes link closely with the Lord Jesus as portrayed in the New Testament.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Isaiah is a favorite of mine also! its themes link closely with the Lord Jesus as portrayed in the New Testament.

Yes they do! I've been listening to a Bible teacher teach on it.....Isaiah is PHENOMENAL.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes they do! I've been listening to a Bible teacher teach on it.....Isaiah is PHENOMENAL.
From a dispensational perspective, I find it good to remember that Isaiah does not refer to the church, but it certainly does refer to the Messiah and His work at the Cross.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
From a dispensational perspective, I find it good to remember that Isaiah does not refer to the church, but it certainly does refer to the Messiah and His work at the Cross.

That's EXACTLY what the Bible teacher was saying. Isaiah is a HUGELY PIVOTAL book in the Bible.

Upvote 0