Rededication

dnntau

Jul 13, 2010
✟7,632.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
My name is Ashley T. I am a new member here and i just wanted to get on and say that i have just rededicated my life to Christ. I prayed and ask for forgiveness for all of my sins and ask Jesus to come back into my heart and back into my life so I can live the way He wants me to live.
Thank you all. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: contango
Jul 14, 2010
✟15,128.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ashley,

I am so happy that you have come back to the loving arms of God! I too have recently rededicated my life to Jesus. I hope you are experiencing the same joy I am. Every day I am reminded of how great our Savior is and how very much I need him. I pray that you too get to see all the little blessings and mercies that God gives us every day!

May the joy of the Lord strengthen and fill you!

Sarah

Upvote 0

pilgrimgal

Jeremiah 29:11 It's good!
Apr 9, 2006
USA
✟25,368.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
My name is Ashley T. I am a new member here and i just wanted to get on and say that i have just rededicated my life to Christ. I prayed and ask for forgiveness for all of my sins and ask Jesus to come back into my heart and back into my life so I can live the way He wants me to live.

Hi Ashley T. Welcome back to the family of God! :hug: No matter how far we wander from Him, He has always been "with us"..and He is with you now and will give you new life in Him. The angels must be rejoicing at your return and I rejoice too.

peace and blessings, :pray:

pilgirmgal :wave:

Upvote 0

GaryP

Apr 28, 2009
✟8,966.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Private
I do not understand the word rededicate regarding Jesus.
Jesus said it was finished.

When you dedicated yourself, it was finished.
If you have to keep rededicating youself, the word " finished " means nothing.

It feels good when you rededicate, but when that feeling wears off, you will have
to do it again and again. Do not look for positive input from creation.

You have to except Jesus at His Word. It is Finished.
The act of Jesus was done "ONCE".

Upvote 0

Aibrean

Honest. Maybe too Honest.
Mar 18, 2007
Xenia, Ohio
Visit site
✟15,879.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
How do you know he left your heart to begin with?

1 Timothy 1:15-16
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life.
We can't and will not ever be perfect in this life. We as humans in a mortal body are incapable of not sinning. Christ's sacrifice is for your sins - all of them. Past, present, and future.

As Luther said:
God does not save those who are only imaginary sinners. Be a sinner, and let your sins be strong, but let your trust in Christ be stronger, and rejoice in Christ who is the victor over sin, death, and the world. We will commit sins while we are here, for this life is not a place where justice resides. We, however, says Peter (2. Peter 3:13) are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth where justice will reign. It suffices that through God's glory we have recognized the Lamb who takes away the sin of the world. No sin can separate us from Him, even if we were to kill or commit adultery thousands of times each day. Do you think such an exalted Lamb paid merely a small price with a meager sacrifice for our sins? Pray hard for you are quite a sinner.
So trust in Christ when you encounter trials and temptations. Even if you happen to sin, rely on Christ. He will forgive you.
Martin Luther said:
For he who does not know or doubts whether he acts well or always believes himself to be acting badly, always sins and destroys his whole life, because he is acting not out of faith nor in faith.

I hope you have followed the command to be baptized.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mobiosity

American by birth; Southern by the grace of God.
Feb 20, 2007
✟11,055.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private

Ashley,

I am so happy that you have come back to the loving arms of God! I too have recently rededicated my life to Jesus. I hope you are experiencing the same joy I am. Every day I am reminded of how great our Savior is and how very much I need him. I pray that you too get to see all the little blessings and mercies that God gives us every day!

May the joy of the Lord strengthen and fill you!

Sarah
I'm very happy for both y'all. It's such a terrific feeling to come back home. A part of that, for me anyway, is realizing that no matter how far I've strayed; He always accepts me back. No recriminations, just welcome home beloved daughter.

Upvote 0