Recognizing Christ's Suffering, Love, and ultimate Triumph in this Easter Season!

Andrew12

A Knight of the Lord
Nov 4, 2010
Mainstreet, AnyTown
Visit site
✟17,283.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Like some others have said, these holidays, especially Easter, get me thinking about How much Jesus went through because He loved us.

Christ was beaten, mocked, and crucified for our sins, and He did so because of His immense love for us. He was even willing to forgive those that had a hand in His death, wow, what an example He set for us in forgiveness and love.

But thankfully, the story does not end with His death, 3 days later, Christ arose and Praise God had victory over death, hell, and the grave! I just wanted to take an opportunity to praise Christ and Glorify His name in this Holiday season! :)

I love this video when I think of Christ's crucifixion and resurrection because the despair and sorrow that everyone felt at Christ's death was replaced with utter Joy and triumph upon that glorious morning of His arising! :)

***Warning: May contain some Graphic Images of Crucifixion***

YouTube - Selah - There is a Fountain

E

Edwards1984

"If the world hates you, you know that it has hated Me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, because of this the world hates you. Remember the word that I said to you, 'A slave is not greater than his master ' If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you; if they kept My word, they will keep yours also." [John 15:18-20; NASB]

Upvote 0

pinkstars86

May 5, 2010
Kentucky
✟15,272.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes. We sugarcoat it and it's easily forgotten and/or pushed to the back of our minds because 'it's difficult to think about' or some other excuse. And to be honest before that movie came out I mean, I was well educated in the crucifixion but still never REALLY put that much thought into what Jesus went through. I never pictured it in my mind, it was just that 'yes this happened and it was terrible'. This put the real picture of what really happened in our faces and what exactly Jesus went through just to save us. It puts real emotions into it instead of just a glossing over if you will.

Again, thank you.

Upvote 0
E

Edwards1984

Part of that might be because we have simplified versions of what scourging/crucifixion was. There's a good reason the gospel writers simply left it at "They scourged Jesus" or "They crucified Jesus," without descriptions. People of that time knew what scourging/crucifixion was, and they didn't have to go into heavy detail...in fact, chances are they really didn't want to. As much as people might complain about the violence of Passion, the fact is it's very accurate in what scourging/crucifixion looked like. Jesus didn't suffer a bad hair day, and He didn't simply get tied to a cross.

And every minute of pain was for His people, for the atonement of their sins.

Upvote 0

HazelWings

There is no one like our God
Apr 17, 2011
Oregon
Visit site
✟18,056.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
ITA with the comments made! For me this year is special because I've let go of old beliefs and have embraced new ones, and to feel the incredible love God has for me and knowing that Jesus Loves Me isn't some trite saying anymore, it gives a whole new meaning to Easter for me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums