MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
One of the names for the OT laws laws is The Law of Moses. As in one law. Its not the laws of Moses. This is why in the NT it says several times if one is to try and obey one part of the Law of Moses one must obey every part of it. There is no choosing this verse and saying we should obey this verse and not some other verse. Then there is the idea that there is ceremonial law and priestly law and moral law. We are two obey the moral law while the other parts don't apply today. But ofcouse we can't find the Bible dividing up the law into two or three parts. So its a human construct not a God construct. Six times in the NT it says we aren't under the Mosaic Law. Even the Jews of Jesus' said that the Gentiles aren't required by God to obey the Jewish law!

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
GeorgiaGuyinAtlanta said:
Too many women these days are living in rebellion. Many women now dress almost like men, wearing the same type of clothing that was once exclusively male. The Bible commands men not to dress like women and women not to dress like men, yet millions of women dress quasi-mannish. Gone are the days of dresses and skirts for them.

The meaning that should be emphasized is that the sexes are to be kept distinct, clothing should not confuse the distinction.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RedPonyDriver

Professional Pot Stirrer
Oct 18, 2014
USA
✟76,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't know you, but judging based on your statement here, you are good wife, indeed, because you are successful to control your hypergamy nature. But, that requires some sort of mental gymnastic to control it. It is very hard, isn't it?

What? What on earth are you going on about? It is NOT hard to remain with my husband, to remain faithful to my vows. I love my husband more than anyone or anything on earth. He is my soulmate, the other half of me. I can't imagine life without him. We're facing another health crisis of his, and I'm once again terrified that I will lose him.
The only "mental gymnastic" it takes to stay with my husband is knowing that he loves me beyond all reason and I love him the same. In many ways, he reflects Christ's love for me and that is all I ever want or need. He truly is the other half of me.

You sir, have some seriously twisted ideas about women...and I really think you need to get those inline.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Won without a word...

This is from scripture and its applied to the way to win in argument or dispute or one who is trying to start or engage in one, the correct way how to show submission and/by still giving and showing respect in a relationship, in scripture applied to the female, but can be applied to one of either sex, (usually the feminine one) in a relationship and I'm going to prove to you and show you how it works when done right.

How you win them without a word, is to not give them the "satisfaction of any reaction" on your part, if you do, you will usually (both) lose. Doing this right is not easy, it is hard. If you do give them the satisfaction of any kind of reaction, this is usually actually what their wanting and looking for and can even become addicted to, and you'll just be "fueling the/their fire" and you must deny them this while not showing any disrespect.

You may (actually almost guaranteed you will) be tempted to fight back or some become afraid and cower to the other cause someone trying to (sickly, most often) start something all the time by getting upset or worse aggressive and belligerent.

This is because you'll have to fight the "fight or flight" instinctual reaction. The third response is usually, you will be tempted to do something like cross your arms and roll your eyes or tap your foot and give them that look like "really, do I really have to put up with and deal with this childish crap again and again, and again, this is getting really old" kind of look or body language.

But, this also fuels the fire and isn't good and is not how you biblically "win without a word" (or any kind of reaction at all). Do not show anything. Definitely don't cower in fear and constantly apologize and try to appease them, cowering at their feet and catering to them, this is the worst thing you can do.

You must practice the "dead cow" look, not give them any reaction at all whatsoever and look them in the eye when doing it, (this is how Jesus won against the Devil, during his trial, persecution, and execution/crucification by the way) Anyhow, do not give them the satisfaction of any kind of reaction (examine what and how Jesus handled it in the Bible that I told you).

This will turn you into a mirror that will reflect back to them their own ugliness and depending on how the other one reacts to this, it will tell you if you truly have a Godly mate or not. Their, some of them, will get even more [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]ed off at your doing this right and may intensify their attack and may even strike or hit you, but, "hold your ground" get back up if you have to, and stand up straight, look them in the eye, and continue to not speak and give them the "dead cow" look and don't give in.

If they continue to strike you cause they can't handle facing themselves which is what your conduct in this is doing, then you do not have a Godly mate. And you probably shouldn't stay in the relationship. Or if they do not break down at some point over this and just continue to do it, (trying to start something over and over again), and your doing this does not seem to be working, then you do not have a Godly mate. And you'll have to decide just how much of it you can "take" and how long you can continue to do this before you have to get out of it and leave it and them behind and move on with your life.

Realize their acting like a child, but a child that you can't spank or discipline or punish in any kind of way, cause their an adult for one, and for two, their your spouse or mate. If this doesn't seem to work, you may have to decide the right time to just get out of it and leave it and them behind. If they see themselves in the mirror, and later on, perhaps after cooling off, and calming down, and start to apologize and show you signs that this seems to be working, then their is hope for them, be gentle with them, yet honest if this happens when they are talking about it and you get into a discussion about it. And stay in the relationship if their seems to be hope, if not, after a while of doing this, get out of it.

God Bless!

I did this and went though a lot of these kind of reactions or responses in a relationship for far too long, before I learned this, tried it out for many years and it did not work, finally got desperate and tried to force them and make them look in the mirror, which was when I knew to get out cause nothing was working and the way it began to affect me after trying this that was no longer good for either of us any more.

She still acts like a two year old child despite all of this and I just do not have and run out of patience for or with her anymore, and I fear what I might do around her now, which means it's time to get out and stay out fir good, cause it will never no longer be any good for either of us anymore.

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Rodan6

Site Supporter
Sep 11, 2016
Highland, CA
✟86,675.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I must admit that I was a bit surprised to see this subject in a forum. The inclination to believe that women are inferior to men needs to be purged from any connection to modern Christian faith.

Before God, there is absolutely no difference between the sexes. Jesus did not teach any of this nonsense about women obeying their husbands, etc. Some "Christians" who indulge in such bigotries are fond of quoting Paul, who did say a few regrettable things in some letters he wrote. Paul has been forgiven for these things because such attitudes towards women dominated society in his day--they reflected his personal feelings--NOT the views of Christ (nor did he say those comments reflected Christ's viewpoints). Society 2000 years ago embraced many prejudices and attitudes towards women and their role in religious life was just one of them. But over the years since, mankind has learned much....and much, much more is expected of us. It is necessary to put the teachings of Jesus FIRST. When we do this, we can compare and contrast the powerful teachings of the Master with the other teachings found in scripture. We can readily see that God desires us to let go of our prejudices. Our spiritual progress depends heavily on our ability to do so.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Too many women these days are living in rebellion. They don't want to submit to their husband. They want to be disobedient to God's Word. They don't respect their husbands or his authority in the home. These women will go to the lake of fire unless they repent. They are of a reprobate mind. There is no once saved always saved, which I feel most of these so-called Christian women subscribe to. It makes them comfortable in their sin. Not following God's will for their lives is sin. Sin separates us from God. When you sin, you are to confess them to God to be cleaned from all unrighteousness. I don't think that most of these rebellious women are confessing their sins to God, thus they remain unclean and under judgment.

Women today also fail to upkeep the home, as commanded by God in Timothy. They choose to drop their kids off at daycare instead of taking care of them, even when their husband earns enough money to get by. Many women now dress almost like men, wearing the same type of clothing that was once exclusively male. The Bible commands men not to dress like women and women not to dress like men, yet millions of women dress quasi-mannish. Gone are the days of dresses and skirts for them.

Women aren't called to "submit" to their husband. Women and men were made as equal, and I don't believe it's up to any earthly "authority" to dictate to women whether or not they're called into ministry.
Ringo

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,506,245.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
To be fair, any call to ministry needs to be discerned by the church as well as the person being called. I don't object to people being told no, they're not suitable. I only object to the church refusing to discern that on an individual basis by making a blanket decision that no woman can ever be called.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There is, my family has been going there for the last 20 years and they are the most respectable one within a 100 mile radius so I already know where, it's just a matter of getting this baby fully cooked and welcomed into the world haha. 3 weeks to go!
How's the baby doing now? :)

God bless your family!

Upvote 0

Na Nach Oi!

Embracing paradoxical thinking
Dec 4, 2016
Earth
✟55,404.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Women aren't called to "submit" to their husband. Women and men were made as equal, and I don't believe it's up to any earthly "authority" to dictate to women whether or not they're called into ministry.
Ringo

What do these verses mean to you?

"Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord."
--- Ephesians 5:22
"For in this way in former times the holy women also, who hoped in God, used to adorn themselves, being submissive to their own husbands; just as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord, and you have become her children if you do what is right without being frightened by any fear."
--- 1 Peter 3:5-6​

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
What does these verses mean to you?

"Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord."
--- Ephesians 5:22
"For in this way in former times the holy women also, who hoped in God, used to adorn themselves, being submissive to their own husbands; just as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord, and you have become her children if you do what is right without being frightened by any fear."
--- 1 Peter 3:5-6​

What about the verse BEFORE Eph 5:22?

Eph 5:21 Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.

Marriage is about submitting to the other and putting the other's needs over yours. It is not a situation where a woman becomes subservient to her "master" the man.

1 Cor 7:4 The wife does not have authority over her own body but yields it to her husband. In the same way, the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wife.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Na Nach Oi!

Dec 4, 2016
Earth
✟55,404.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

One another here could mean man submits to another man, or woman submits to another woman. It is too common to conclude it is for marital relationship.

1 Cor 7:4 The wife does not have authority over her own body but yields it to her husband. In the same way, the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wife.

I agree with this site.

A wife has no authority of her own body? (1 Cor. 7:4)

"A wife does not “have the freedom or right or licence” (exousiazō) to choose to become celibate, or have sex with someone other than her spouse, because her husband has an exclusive right to have sex with her. Likewise, a husband also does not “have the freedom or right or licence” (exousiazō) to choose to become celibate, or have sex with someone other than his spouse, because his wife has an exclusive right to have sex with him."

The social context behind this letter is, ancient Corinthian citizen are sexually promiscuous.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
One another here could mean man submits to another man, or woman submits to another woman. It is too common to conclude it is for marital relationship.

I agree with this site.

A wife has no authority of her own body? (1 Cor. 7:4)

"A wife does not “have the freedom or right or licence” (exousiazō) to choose to become celibate, or have sex with someone other than her spouse, because her husband has an exclusive right to have sex with her. Likewise, a husband also does not “have the freedom or right or licence” (exousiazō) to choose to become celibate, or have sex with someone other than his spouse, because his wife has an exclusive right to have sex with him."

The social context behind this letter is, ancient Corinthian citizen are sexually promiscuous.

Problem with saying that Eph 5:21 means what you suggest is that it is part of the conversation on how married people are to treat each other. You dont' get to cherry pick verses and suggest they say things that they don't say. Please do not forget the verses that follows that says that a man is to LOVE his wife...not lord over her nor make her submit to him. He is commanded to love her at least as much as he loves himself. That doesn't describe at master/servant relationship.

Ephesians 5:25-30

Husbands, love your wives just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church— for we are members of his body

Upvote 0

Na Nach Oi!

Dec 4, 2016
Earth
✟55,404.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Problem with saying that Eph 5:21 means what you suggest is that it is part of the conversation on how married people are to treat each other. You dont' get to cherry pick verses and suggest they say things that they don't say. Please do not forget the verses that follows that says that a man is to LOVE his wife...not lord over her nor make her submit to him. He is commanded to love her at least as much as he loves himself. That doesn't describe at master/servant relationship.

Ephesians 5:25-30

Husbands, love your wives just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church— for we are members of his body

You should look over the verses written especially for women.

Ephesians 5:22-24

22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

Taking risk to write these verses, "Paul the Apostle" is sometimes (mistakenly) regarded as "Paul the Misogynist" by many modern liberal commentators, especially by radical feminists.

Upvote 0

Galilee63

Dec 14, 2013
Australia
✟43,924.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Love, Humility/being Humble, Respect, Mercy and Compassion both ways and praying to Jesus, God, The Holy Spirit and our Blessed Virgin Mother Mary for Gods Holy Gift of Love, Strength, Graces, Blessings for this daily. Never forget to pray for Peace in ones own Family and Relationships and for all other Families. Where peace reigns, Jesus, God, The Holy Spirit reigns.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
You should look over the verses written especially for women.

Ephesians 5:22-24

22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

Taking risk to write these verses, "Paul the Apostle" is sometimes (mistakenly) regarded as "Paul the Misogynist" by many modern liberal commentators, especially by radical feminists.

Please note...this is a verse to women and if a woman fails to follow the commandment it is between her and God. It is to tell her how to have a good marriage. It is not a verse commanding a man to take control over his wife nor demand her to be subservient. A man should be focusing on the verses aimed at them because that is what he will be accountable for, not how well he made his wife submit.

The verses tell a married couple to submit to each other out of respect for each other and in reverence to their God and just as we all are to submit to God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Marriage is about submitting to the other and putting the other's needs over yours. It is not a situation where a woman becomes subservient to her "master" the man.

Absolutely. This is the Orthodox view on the matter.

Upvote 0

Na Nach Oi!

Dec 4, 2016
Earth
✟55,404.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Please note...this is a verse to women and if a woman fails to follow the commandment it is between her and God. It is to tell her how to have a good marriage. It is not a verse commanding a man to take control over his wife nor demand her to be subservient. A man should be focusing on the verses aimed at them because that is what he will be accountable for, not how well he made his wife submit.

The verses tell a married couple to submit to each other out of respect for each other and in reverence to their God and just as we all are to submit to God.

The ideal marital relationship happens if both parties follow Paul's teaching in this subject. Husband loves his wife and wife submits to him. And, a good loving husband should teach his wife to submit to him. No mentally-sane husband wants to be cuckolded by his wayward wife.

Husband/man needs respect and wife/woman needs love.
There is no need to read Bible to acknowledge this truth.

I give "A+" to Apostle Paul for his statement. :graduation:

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Is it written in Eastern Orthodoxy's sacred tradition?

Show me where it is. Give your references.
Have you ever seen an Orthodox Christian wedding? It's a mystery/sacrament. The crowning indicates martyrdom. Both the husband and the wife are to die to self for the sake of the other. Your view is not Orthodox. Feel free to do an Internet search of our sacraments.

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

Na Nach Oi!

Dec 4, 2016
Earth
✟55,404.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
This is in total reference to the man and wife "becoming one flesh" and in conjunction with being reverent to Christ.

It is very clear that the man must be held accountable to Christ and the woman to be held accountable to her husband.

Look at this scripture:

1 Peter 3:1New International Version (NIV)

3 Wives, in the same way submit yourselves to your own husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives,

So, even if they are married to a non christian husband, the wife must submit to their husband.

This epidemic of women refusing to be biblical in the role of marriages as it pertains to being submissive, is totally Satanic.

It is ripping marriages apart. It has corrupted Christian marriages and is the reason there are just as many divorces in Christian marriages as there are in non Christian marriages.

It is to the point that male preachers are fearful of preaching the truth about the roles of men and women in the marriage role as it is commanded by God.

In fact, I have been in marriage counseling, with my wife, for 23 of the 24 years we have been in our dysfunctional marriage.

The very foundational issue in ALL of our issues..... power struggle.

She has a desire to rule over me. She wants a marriage with dual headship.

Folks..... as Dr. James MacDonald stated.....

"Two heads is a monster"

My life is living proof.

Just to clear up any confusion...

I cook most meals
I do laundry as much as anyone in our family
I handle the trash
I clean the kitchen and do dishes
I vacuum and clean the entire house
I look after the finances
I do the groceries.
I also cut the grass, shovel the snow, fix the cars, do maintenance on the house, grow a vegetable garden and function as the I.T. tech in our home.

Not of my choice but due to her control over what I do.

In fact...in my wife's efforts to avoid being a "controlled" and submissive wife.. she has groomed and cultivated me to be a totally self sufficient father of three.

She can leave for any length of time.. days, weeks or months.. and I could function totally unstressed and the kids and I would lack for nothing while the house would run just fine.

So, young women, young wives... If you want your husband to despise you, enjoy it when you are not home.... make him submit to you and totally self sufficient.

In all way shape and form, I am the butler.

This is what you get when you have marriage roles that are Biblically inverted.

And, neither of us are happy...only Satan.

What did you wife do? Only sitting on couch & watching TV soap opera?

Ah, I remember I have a private (speculative) interpretation why wives should SUBMIT to husbands.
Maybe, Apostle Paul knew the ancient knowledge that women COULDN'T LOVE men. So, his commandment to wives (which are unable to love their husbands) is to SUBMIT to husbands, NOT TO LOVE their husbands.

(Warning! These links may contain vulgar words! Reader discretion advised.)

"She doesn't love you"

She doesn't love you. • /r/TheRedPill

"She doesn't want your love"

Women Do Not Want Your Love • /r/TheRedPill

Remember:
"Men desire freedom. Women desire access (to your resources, especially your wallet)"

Upvote 0