Rebellious Women

GeorgiaGuyinAtlanta

Mar 13, 2006
Atlanta, Georgia Metropolitan Area, U.S.A.
✟15,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Too many women these days are living in rebellion. They don't want to submit to their husband. They want to be disobedient to God's Word. They don't respect their husbands or his authority in the home. These women will go to the lake of fire unless they repent. They are of a reprobate mind. There is no once saved always saved, which I feel most of these so-called Christian women subscribe to. It makes them comfortable in their sin. Not following God's will for their lives is sin. Sin separates us from God. When you sin, you are to confess them to God to be cleaned from all unrighteousness. I don't think that most of these rebellious women are confessing their sins to God, thus they remain unclean and under judgment.

Women today also fail to upkeep the home, as commanded by God in Timothy. They choose to drop their kids off at daycare instead of taking care of them, even when their husband earns enough money to get by. Many women now dress almost like men, wearing the same type of clothing that was once exclusively male. The Bible commands men not to dress like women and women not to dress like men, yet millions of women dress quasi-mannish. Gone are the days of dresses and skirts for them.

Last edited:

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
The Great Northern Wilderness
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Too many women these days are living in rebellion. They don't want to submit to their husband. They want to be disobedient to God's Word. They don't respect their husbands or his authority in the home. These women will go to hell unless they repent. They are of a reprobate mind. There is no once saved always saved, which I feel most of these so-called Christian women subscribe to. It makes them comfortable in their sin. Not following God's will for their lives is sin. Sin separates us from God. When you sin, you are to confess them to God to be cleaned from all unrighteousness. I don't think that most of these rebellious women are confessing their sins to God, thus they remain unclean and under judgment.

Women today also fail to upkeep the home, as commanded by God in Timothy. They choose to drop their kids off at daycare instead of taking care of them, even when their husband earns enough money to get by. Many women now dress almost like men, wearing the same type of clothing that was once exclusively male. The Bible commands men not to dress like women and women not to dress like men, yet millions of women dress quasi-mannish. Gone are the days of dresses and skirts for them.

This sounds an awful lot like legalism to me. God is concerned with the heart of a person, not how they dress. Sadly there are churches who will turn women and girls away just because they wear pants. Sounds an awful lot like the prideful attitude of the Pharisees to me.

Also, I noticed that this post is targeting only women you believe are ungodly. Have you looked around? It could just as easily be said that many men are failing to be the godly leaders they are called to be in their homes, the kind of leaders women are called to submit to.

Why is it I wonder that these arguments from men always seem to come across as prideful? So many men seem to think a woman's submission is just absolutely required, and all the while they can just continue doing as they please.

Christian men are to be totally and completely submitted the Christ. I could easily argue that there isn't enough of that happening among the same men who then want to point at women and demand that they should dress a certain way and behave a certain way. Such an attitude indicates that a man is actually not living in complete submission to Christ as he is commanded to do. That man is not behaving as a godly leader in his home.

Many men need to deal with themselves and stop berating women. Read the Gospels, do you notice how Jesus treats women? There is your example.

Upvote 0

MotherFirefly

May 10, 2016
U.S.
✟43,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Too many women these days are living in rebellion. They don't want to submit to their husband. They want to be disobedient to God's Word. They don't respect their husbands or his authority in the home. These women will go to hell unless they repent. They are of a reprobate mind. There is no once saved always saved, which I feel most of these so-called Christian women subscribe to. It makes them comfortable in their sin. Not following God's will for their lives is sin. Sin separates us from God. When you sin, you are to confess them to God to be cleaned from all unrighteousness. I don't think that most of these rebellious women are confessing their sins to God, thus they remain unclean and under judgment.

phew. You're brave.

Upvote 0

GeorgiaGuyinAtlanta

Mar 13, 2006
✟15,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This sounds an awful lot like legalism to me. God is concerned with the heart of a person, not how they dress. Sadly there are churches who will turn women and girls away just because they wear pants. Sounds an awful lot like the prideful attitude of the Pharisees to me.

Deuteronomy 22:5

The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.

Remember also that God never changes.

Hebrews 13:8

Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Also, I noticed that this post is targeting only women you believe are ungodly. Have you looked around? It could just as easily be said that many men are failing to be the godly leaders they are called to be in their homes, the kind of leaders women are called to submit to.

Listen, men are constantly called out, while women continuously get a free pass by pastors all the time. This thread deals with rebellion amongst females. It is not a slam against women. I have two wonderful daughters, myself.

I honestly believe that the biggest issues with marriages lies with the female. Women hardly submit the way they are supposed to, so it drives a wedge in between the couple and prevents men from loving women the way they need to be loved. Women also give up on their marriages much more easily than men, filing for around 75% of all divorces.

Why is it I wonder that these arguments from men always seem to come across as prideful? So many men seem to think a woman's submission is just absolutely required, and all the while they can just continue doing as they please.

A woman's submission to her husband is ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED. God likens the church to a bride and Him to a groom. The bride is to serve the Groom. The Bible flat out commands wives to submit to their husbands. Too many women, indoctrinated by decades of ungodly feminism, which is promoted on television and all around us, abide by the world instead of God.

Ephesians 5: 22-25

22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

Christian men are to be totally and completely submitted the Christ. I could easily argue that there isn't enough of that happening among the same men who then want to point at women and demand that they should dress a certain way and behave a certain way. Such an attitude indicates that a man is actually not living in complete submission to Christ as he is commanded to do. That man is not behaving as a godly leader in his home.

I can't command anyone other than my own children to dress a certain way. I'm only making known what the Word of God says. How is pointing out sin not behaving as a Godly leader? You're not making any sense.

Many men need to deal with themselves and stop berating women. Read the Gospels, do you notice how Jesus treats women? There is your example.

Who is berating women? You are essentially saying that God's Word doesn't apply to women, it seems. After all, if anyone indicates that women do their God-ordained responsibilities, then you're "berating women". That is called rebellion.

By the way, men get told ALL THE TIME to "step up" at most men's conferences, many television broadcasts geared toward men, etc. Women are almost NEVER told to do anything. It's probably because some pastors are afraid of reactions just like yours, but they shouldn't be. Sin is sin.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Deuteronomy 22:5

The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.

Remember also that God never changes.

Hebrews 13:8

Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Listen, men are constantly called out, while women continuously get a free pass by pastors all the time. This thread deals with rebellion amongst females. It is not a slam against women. I have two wonderful daughters, myself.

Women are "called out" all the time.

I honestly believe that the biggest issues with marriages lies with the female. Women hardly submit the way they are supposed to, so it drives a wedge in between the couple and prevents men from loving women the way they need to be loved. Women also give up on their marriages much more easily than men, filing for around 75% of all divorces.

I wonder where you get this statistic. Please provide references.

A woman's submission to her husband is ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED. God likens the church to a bride and Him to a groom. The bride is to serve the Groom. The Bible flat out commands wives to submit to their husbands. Too many women, indoctrinated by decades of ungodly feminism, which is promoted on television and all around us, abide by the world instead of God.

Ephesians 5: 22-25

22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

I am familiar with Scripture.

I can't command anyone to dress a certain way. I'm only making known what the Word of God says. How is pointing out sin not behaving as a Godly leader? You're not making any sense.

Actually if you think some churches are not turning away women and girls for legalistic reasons, I suggest you do some research, it is truly happening. You can point out sin, but Jesus clearly says to deal with the "log" in your own eye first. It is not something to be entered into lightly or flippantly.

Who is berating women? You are essentially saying that God's Word doesn't apply to women, it seems. After all, if anyone indicates that women do their God-ordained responsibilities, then you're "berating women". That is called rebellion.

I am saying no such thing, never have, never will.

By the way, men get told ALL THE TIME to "step up" at most men's conferences, many television broadcasts geared toward men, etc. Women are almost NEVER told to do anything.
I don't know where you've been, but I have heard women told they need to change their ways MANY times. I couldn't even count how many actually.
It's probably because some pastors are afraid of reactions just like yours, but they shouldn't be. Sin is sin.
And what reaction is that? The suggestion that we must love as Jesus does?

Upvote 0

GeorgiaGuyinAtlanta

Mar 13, 2006
✟15,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Women are "called out" all the time.

If they are, I haven't heard it. I'm a regular church attender, have been to many conferences and/or praise gatherings, and have watched a good bit of Christian programming on television, I've hardly heart it. However, I'm not going to refute what you claim to have noticed.

I wonder where you get this statistic. Please provide references.

Okay, it's not 75%, but it is close. It's 69% of the time.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...hy-women-are-more-likely-to-initiate-divorce/

Actually if you think some churches are not turning away women and girls for legalistic reasons, I suggest you do some research, it is truly happening. You can point out sin, but Jesus clearly says to deal with the "log" in your own eye first. It is not something to be entered into lightly or flippantly.

Which churches might those be? I could see the Amish, or perhaps some small denomination, but for the vast majority of churches, this is not the case.

Do you realize why the whole "log in your own eye first" is mentioned? It's because if you are doing the same thing that others are doing, it makes you a hypocrite. It's also a poor witness. It weakens your testimony and unfortunately many will not listen to your message.

In this case, we are dealing with commands given by God to women, so this can't apply to me, so the "log" comment is not valid.

I am saying no such thing, never have, never will.

However, you posted a comment about berating women.

I don't know where you've been, but I have heard women told they need to change their ways MANY times. I couldn't even count how many actually.

Where might that be?

And what reaction is that? The suggestion that we must love as Jesus does?

It is loving as Jesus loved to point out sin. Otherwise, people could die without being made right with God.

Reactions: 777Sloan
Upvote 0

LaSorcia

Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2015
✟1,346,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Too many men these days are living in rebellion. They don't want to sacrifice themselves for their wives. They want to be disobedient to God's word. They don't give honor to their wives. These men will go to the lake of fire unless they repent.

Blah, blah, blah.

Men who are so concerned with what women whom they don't even know are doing, are more concerned with how women should act than how men should act and who stir the pot by trying to be oh-so-authoritative on women's roles- they make me sick. Go learn how men should behave.

Upvote 0

GeorgiaGuyinAtlanta

Mar 13, 2006
✟15,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Too many men these days are living in rebellion. They don't want to sacrifice themselves for their wives. They want to be disobedient to God's word. They don't give honor to their wives. These men will go to the lake of fire unless they repent.

Blah, blah, blah.

Men who are so concerned with what women whom they don't even know are doing, are more concerned with how women should act than how men should act and who stir the pot by trying to be oh-so-authoritative on women's roles- they make me sick. Go learn how men should behave.

If you want to make a rebellious men thread, you're certainly able to do so.

The point of this discussion is to point out and make known the rebellious nature of women that many, perhaps a majority, find themselves in. Don't you think that making sure that women don't go to the lake of fire is an important goal?

Why do women always seem to want to turn it around on men when anyone claims that women should be living godly. I admit that some men are not godly husbands, but I'd argue that women's pride prevents a man from leading his wife, as she "doesn't want to be controlled". Too many women think that they know better than God.

One thing that women fail to do is to point out just what this 'honoring their wives' is? In my opinion, it's a vague argument designed to take the responsibility off themselves. The Bible says to love your wife as Christ loved the church, Who gave Himself up for her". I would argue that most men would defend their wives if there was ever a threat. Therefore, I don't see how you can claim that most men are not doing their God-ordained role. True, many men aren't leading, but that is only because most men not leading are not being allowed to lead because their wife is rebellious and out of the will of God, refusing to allow him to lead.

Can't you see that modern feminist ideas have sought to break down the bonds between a man and a woman, based upon God's Word? It is ungodly and is destroying marriages. Hence, women filing for 69% of all divorces.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
If they are, I haven't heard it. I'm a regular church attender, have been to many conferences and/or praise gatherings, and have watched a good bit of Christian programming on television, I've hardly heart it. However, I'm not going to refute what you claim to have noticed.

Okay, it's not 75%, but it is close. It's 69% of the time.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...hy-women-are-more-likely-to-initiate-divorce/
Well, first of all, that study is not one done specifically on Christian marriages, and secondly, many of the reasons women are saying they ask for a divorce is precisely because they feel oppressed and are not treated with respect in their marriage.

Which churches might those be? I could see the Amish, or perhaps some small denomination, but for the vast majority of churches, this is not the case.

No, not the Amish. I am referring to legalistic churches.

Do you realize why the whole "log in your own eye first" is mentioned? It's because if you are doing the same thing that others are doing, it makes you a hypocrite. It's also a poor witness. It weakens your testimony and unfortunately many will not listen to your message.

In this case, we are dealing with commands given by God to women, so this can't apply to me, so the "log" comment is not valid.

Actually, it is valid in pointing out what you perceive to be the sin of another. You must first deal with your own sin, so that you can see clearly.

However, you posted a comment about berating women.

Yes, because I feel simply berating women is quite unhelpful.

Where might that be?

In many legalistic churches. My grandmother grew up in one, so did one of my best friends.

It is loving as Jesus loved to point out sin. Otherwise, people could die without being made right with God.

Well, as I've been thinking about it. When it comes to the apparent sins of women and their failure to fully submit to their husbands, the only woman you are called to have this concern for is your own wife. It is not your place to call the submission of another man's wife into question, that is between him, his wife and the Lord. You are not a part of their marriage, and you are not to judge it. Yes, you can pray for your brothers in Christ and their wives and daughters, and if they seek your counsel you will hopefully give them godly guidance, but it is NOT your place to call out another man's wife, she is not required to submit to you, but to her own husband.

Upvote 0

GeorgiaGuyinAtlanta

Mar 13, 2006
✟15,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, first of all, that study is not one done specifically on Christian marriages, and secondly, many of the reasons women are saying they ask for a divorce is precisely because they feel oppressed and are not treated with respect in their marriage.

I've heard that most people divorce on "irreconcilable differences". So, since a majority of women are initiating these divorces, it stands to reason that women are more responsible. This "oppressed" and "not treated with respect" stuff is telling, since most wives don't respect their husbands like they need to be respected, yet men usually won't divorce you over it. It's also highly subjective. The idea of not being treated with respect by many women is a husband who won't be a door mat for his domineering wife, an ungodly reversal of roles.

No, not the Amish. I am referring to legalistic churches.

Are you talking about "snake handling" churches? Very few of those remain, relative to the whole, and most of them have tiny memberships. That said, what is so bad with having women dress like women, as commanded by God?

Actually, it is valid in pointing out what you perceive to be the sin of another. You must first deal with your own sin, so that you can see clearly.

There is a place for righteous judgment. Judge not unless ye be judged has to do with a person having no place to judge if they themselves are doing the same thing. A righteous person can judge. The Bible indicates places for judgment within the church.

Yes, because I feel simply berating women is quite unhelpful.

The Word of God is not berating women. Do you think that you know better than God?

Well, as I've been thinking about it. When it comes to the apparent sins of women and their failure to fully submit to their husbands, the only woman you are called to have this concern for is your own wife. It is not your place to call the submission of another man's wife into question, that is between him, his wife and the Lord. You are not a part of their marriage, and you are not to judge it. Yes, you can pray for your brothers in Christ and their wives and daughters, and if they seek your counsel you will hopefully give them godly guidance, but it is NOT your place to call out another man's wife, she is not required to submit to you, but to her own husband.

I don't know where this idea comes from that you can't call out a woman for their disobedience to God and their husband. If such were the case, we are not to judge sin. If people aren't told they are sinning, that it could lead them to have eternal separation from God, then how can the idea be conveyed to women of a rebellious nature?

Give me a Bible verse where it says you can't judge righteously, or where it says you can't call out another man's wife?

Reactions: 777Sloan
Upvote 0

MotherFirefly

May 10, 2016
U.S.
✟43,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Perhaps this actually does rest on men? I know that is awful to think about for you, afterall, us women are just bullies now a days. We want to follow dreams and passions, be treated like we matter rather than a maid.
Life just really blows for men, huh?

But, i will say, I have yet to meet a man who deserves a level of respect and submission.
They are either very self entitled, stuck in an old fashion view of what 'respect' and 'submission' mean, or they are just, morally, pigs.

I will let you know if I find a guy who makes me want to forget everything I care about to ensure he feels secure in his 'manliness' by being 'submissive'.

:dontcare:

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I've heard that most people divorce on "irreconcilable differences". So, since a majority of women are initiating these divorces, it stands to reason that women are more responsible. This "oppressed" and "not treated with respect" stuff is telling, since most wives don't respect their husbands like they need to be respected, yet men usually won't divorce you over it. It's also highly subjective. The idea of not being treated with respect by many women is a husband who won't be a door mat for his domineering wife, an ungodly reversal of roles.

Just because some studies may claim that women initiate most divorces does not mean that women are always the ones primarily at fault in their marriage. This issue goes much deeper. For instance, what if a woman is married to a man who is addicted to inappropriate content and has absolutely no desire to change? What if this goes on for years and the woman prays and is faithful, and her husband continues in his sin? So, perhaps the wife will choose to initiate a divorce. The point is, just because she does so, does not mean she takes all the blame for how the marriage fell apart. Her husband is responsible for his actions, and how they led to his wife's decision, even though he is not the one that chose to ask directly for a divorce.

Are you talking about "snake handling" churches? Very few of those remain, relative to the whole, and most of them have tiny memberships. That said, what is so bad with having women dress like women, as commanded by God?

No, I am referring to legalistic and more mainstream churches. My good friend grew up in a Baptist church that was like this. They had rules about rules about rules.

There is a place for righteous judgment. Judge not unless ye be judged has to do with a person having no place to judge if they themselves are doing the same thing. A righteous person can judge. The Bible indicates places for judgment within the church.

Sure, with the command that you take a good, hard look at yourself first.

The Word of God is not berating women. Do you think that you know better than God?

I never said it was. Women are often berated by men (or other women). This is what I was referring to. Please do not put words in my mouth.

I don't know where this idea comes from that you can't call out a woman for their disobedience to God and their husband. If such were the case, we are not to judge sin. If people aren't told they are sinning, that it could lead them to have eternal separation from God, then how can the idea be conveyed to women of a rebellious nature?

You are absolutely able to pray for your brothers in Christ and their wives. You have no authority in their marriage however. How do you think it is helpful for you to call out another man's wife or daughters? You are likely to offend that man just as much as you will offend his wife. Their marriage is not something you are free to step into. Godly counsel can be sought and given, another man's marriage and relationship with his wife is between him and the Lord.

Also, at the end of the day, you have no idea what is really going on behind closed doors. What if that woman is being abused? Abusive men are often the most respected men in their workplace or even church. Do you think it is right to judge when you don't know the entire story? Do you really want to step in and command a woman submit more to a man who may or may not be abusing her? You do not know with certainty the whole of another couple's marriage, so you do not have the right to judge another man's wife. The ONLY marriage you are in the position to judge is your own, and this involves honestly admitting your own sins and shortcomings, and humbling yourself before God.

Give me a Bible verse where it says you can't judge righteously, or where it says you can't call out another man's wife?

I think the love and respect we are to treat each other with as Christians, as commanded in the Bible, makes this clear.

"If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t love others, I would be nothing. If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn’t love others, I would have gained nothing."

"Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud 5 or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. 6 It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance."

"Prophecy and speaking in unknown languages and special knowledge will become useless. But love will last forever! Now our knowledge is partial and incomplete, and even the gift of prophecy reveals only part of the whole picture! But when the time of perfection comes, these partial things will become useless."

When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things. Now we see things imperfectly, like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely."

"Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love." (1 Corinthians 13)

Upvote 0

GeorgiaGuyinAtlanta

Mar 13, 2006
✟15,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps this actually does rest on men? I know that is awful to think about for you, afterall, us women are just bullies now a days. We want to follow dreams and passions, be treated like we matter rather than a maid.
Life just really blows for men, huh?

Statistics and life experiences reveal that it is women who are the ones who are mostly not operating according to God's Word. I've pointed that out here.

God's design is your dreams and passions. That includes taking care of the home, nurturing your children, etc.

It is a sad state when you see middle-aged women who never married, all on account of their own desires to travel and live a life of leisure away from the workplace.

But, i will say, I have yet to meet a man who deserves a level of respect and submission.

This is likely because you have succumbed to feminist ideas. Too many women these days have the same attitude. I've heard this same statement before from women, but I have never heard a Christian man say that there are no good women.

They are either very self entitled, stuck in an old fashion view of what 'respect' and 'submission' mean, or they are just, morally, pigs.

"Old Fashioned", you mean that "Old Time Religion", aka the Word of God. You're proving my point with your comments about the rebellious nature of many women. Women want to make excuses.

I will let you know if I find a guy who makes me want to forget everything I care about to ensure he feels secure in his 'manliness' by being 'submissive'.

:dontcare:

You must then have the wrong idea about submission. A man is to lead, but he should also be loving and respectful. A woman is to obey her husband. The Bible says so.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MotherFirefly

May 10, 2016
U.S.
✟43,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Statistics and life experiences reveal that it is women who are the ones who are mostly not operating according to God's Word. I've pointed that out here.

Wow.

God's design is your dreams and passions. That includes taking care of the home, nurturing your children, etc.
Well, I did forget that a woman can't take care of children -and- enjoy her passions.

It is a sad state when you see middle-aged women who never married, all on account of their own desires to travel and live a life of leisure away from the workplace.

I dont think that is sad at all. To each their own. In fact, I applaud them for living their life the way they want. Nothing wrong with not getting married.

This is likely because you have succumbed to feminist ideas. Too many women these days have the same attitude. I've heard this same statement before from women, but I have never heard a Christian man say that there are no good women.
Naw, I actually strongly disagree with modern feminism. They are some screwed up individuals. They don't want equality in the sexes, they want what men like you want. To feel they are on a 'higher level' in what they should and shouldn't do.

"Old Fashioned", you mean that "Old Time Religion", aka the Word of God. You're proving my point with your comments about the rebellious nature of many women. Women want to make excuses.
You're real bad with these assumptions, man...
No excuses here. I would gladly respect and submit to the leadership of a man. Once I find one who deserves it.

You must then have the wrong idea about submission. A man is to lead, but he should also be loving and respectful. A woman is to obey her husband. The Bible says so.

I feel it is you who has the wrong idea of how it should work, my friend.

Upvote 0

GeorgiaGuyinAtlanta

Mar 13, 2006
✟15,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just because some studies may claim that women initiate most divorces does not mean that women are always the ones primarily at fault in their marriage. This issue goes much deeper. For instance, what if a woman is married to a man who is addicted to inappropriate content and has absolutely no desire to change? What if this goes on for years and the woman prays and is faithful, and her husband continues in his sin? So, perhaps the wife will choose to initiate a divorce. The point is, just because she does so, does not mean she takes all the blame for how the marriage fell apart. Her husband is responsible for his actions, and how they led to his wife's decision, even though he is not the one that chose to ask directly for a divorce.

Pretty much every statistic I've ever seen relating to who files divorce always has the woman filing at much higher rates than men.

If a man is addicted to inappropriate content, he is sinning. He is in danger of the lake of fire, considering that he is committing adultery in his heart.

No, I am referring to legalistic and more mainstream churches. My good friend grew up in a Baptist church that was like this. They had rules about rules about rules.

You mean little primitive Baptist churches?

Sure, with the command that you take a good, hard look at yourself first.

If I'm not committing the sin, I don't have anything to worry about. Jesus told people to go and sin no more. We are to be a reflection of Christ, yet we somehow can't tell people to stop sinning? Makes no sense.

I never said it was. Women are often berated by men (or other women). This is what I was referring to. Please do not put words in my mouth.

And men are often berated by their wives. It works both ways. Again, however, this topic has nothing to do with berating anyone.

You are absolutely able to pray for your brothers in Christ and their wives. You have no authority in their marriage however. How do you think it is helpful for you to call out another man's wife or daughters? You are likely to offend that man just as much as you will offend his wife. Their marriage is not something you are free to step into. Godly counsel can be sought and given, another man's marriage and relationship with his wife is between him and the Lord.

Also, at the end of the day, you have no idea what is really going on behind closed doors. What if that woman is being abused? Abusive men are often the most respected men in their workplace or even church. Do you think it is right to judge when you don't know the entire story? Do you really want to step in and command a woman submit more to a man who may or may not be abusing her? You do not know with certainty the whole of another couple's marriage, so you do not have the right to judge another man's wife. The ONLY marriage you are in the position to judge is your own, and this involves honestly admitting your own sins and shortcomings, and humbling yourself before God.

Show me where in the Bible it says that you can't say anything to someone about their marriage?

I think the love and respect we are to treat each other with as Christians, as commanded in the Bible, makes this clear.

"If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t love others, I would be nothing. If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn’t love others, I would have gained nothing."

"Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud 5 or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. 6 It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance."

"Prophecy and speaking in unknown languages and special knowledge will become useless. But love will last forever! Now our knowledge is partial and incomplete, and even the gift of prophecy reveals only part of the whole picture! But when the time of perfection comes, these partial things will become useless."

When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things. Now we see things imperfectly, like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely."

"Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love." (1 Corinthians 13)

Pointing out sin IS love, for sin separates us from God. It is a compassionate act.

Upvote 0

LaSorcia

Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2015
✟1,346,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I have found it's pretty useless to attempt dialogue or debate with someone like this. Their minds are made up, and there is no room for revision. They just want the attention.

Upvote 0

GeorgiaGuyinAtlanta

Mar 13, 2006
✟15,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have found it's pretty useless to attempt dialogue or debate with someone like this. Their minds are made up, and there is no room for revision. They just want the attention.

No, I want to make feminist-minded women aware that they're putting their eternal resting place in jeopardy. I actually don't desire that they go to the lake of fire.

Upvote 0

MotherFirefly

May 10, 2016
U.S.
✟43,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I had some spare time.^_^

Upvote 0