Reach Out Your Hand in Faith

karen_trustlord

May 7, 2004
✟1,046.00
Faith
Non-Denom
August 23, 2005
Reach Out Your Hand in Faith

Psalm 73:23 Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand.

As a child did you ever have to walk by a scarey place at night?

When I was growing up there was an old abandoned church near the end of our street. It was overgrown with brush and trees - even in the daylight it looked a little like a big haunted house. At night in the dark it really seemed to come to life - especially if there was a breeze to move the trees. I was always afraid to walk by this old church by myself.

One night my father and I were walking home, as we approached the church I could feel the fear rise inside of me. I immediately moved closer to my father and reached out my hand. He took my hand in his and led me safely past the old church. As soon as I felt my hand in his I felt secure and unafraid.

Isn't it comforting to know that Jesus is always there? That there is no place we can go where His hand can not reach us? So next time you feel the fear rising within, reach out for Jesus with your hand of faith. As He takes your hand in His and holds you fast, let your fear melt away and rest securely in His love.

Psalm 139:7-10 Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.

Thank You Lord that there is no place we can go that Your hand can not reach us. Help each of us reach out with the hand of faith. Thank You that as we do this we'll feel Your hand holding us fast.

Levi44

Feb 26, 2005
Norfolk, VA
✟1,142.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Isn't it comforting to know that Jesus is always there? That there is no place we can go where His hand can not reach us? So next time you feel the fear rising within, reach out for Jesus with your hand of faith. As He takes your hand in His and holds you fast, let your fear melt away and rest securely in His love.

Dear Karen - You don't know how much I needed to be reminded of that today.
God bless you - Hedi

Upvote 0