Racists smear Bobby Jindal with hateful taunts

Oct 13, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
✟1,657.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Ah the Piyush argument reminds me of something, when Obama went from "Barry" in college to "Obama" when he decided to run for office. I imagine anybody who would have said he ran away from his race in college would have been called a racist, same with anybody who would have said that he exploited his race by changing the name he was known by when he ran for office.

I didn't mean to reply to this comment.

Isn't there a "cancel" option somewhere?

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,129.00
Faith
Atheist
[QUOTE Are you suggesting that Clinton didn't get attacked for his sexual history?>>

I assert that he got a pass on his activity.

None of it, like sending Arkansas State Troopers out for harlots while he was Governor or getting serviced by Monica in the Oval Office kept him from getting the Democratic nomination or out of the white house.

Your assertion falls flat on its face.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Bill Clinton was clearly attacked for his sexual history. There were impeachment proceedings which included his sexual activity. Being brought to trial on his sexual activity is the opposite of "getting a free pass on his sexual activity".
Can we agree that it wasn't entirely "free" because he had to squirm and go through some bad times? But also, that he did not get convicted although he was guilty of a crime that would have gotten any other president removed from office.

To that extent, you might say he was given a "pass," if not necessarily a completely free one. And he emerged as something of a beloved senior statesman because of finding favor with the press. The politicians who did not do anywhere near what he did wound up being excluded from public life in disgrace.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟361,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Lol, no one said "all white liberals do this".
So what was the qualifier that was included? Oh yes...there was none:
It really irks white progressives when a person of color doesn't agree with them on issues.

Had you put in a qualifier like "some white progressives" or "in my experience, white progressives...". But you didn't put anything in. Thus, (and perhaps I'm taking liberties with the language that we are both communicating in) I understood you to mean ALL white progressives. Out of curiousity, how could I have assumed that you did NOT mean all white progressives based SOLELY on what you wrote?

Given the amount of distrust between liberals and conservatives, it seems appropriate to call each other out on language usage to ensure we are understanding one another.

Upvote 0

nightflight

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Had you put in a qualifier like "some white progressives" or "in my experience, white progressives...". But you didn't put anything in. Thus, (and perhaps I'm taking liberties with the language that we are both communicating in) I understood you to mean ALL white progressives. Out of curiousity, how could I have assumed that you did NOT mean all white progressives based SOLELY on what you wrote?

The same courtesy is not given to us. However I should be the bigger man and give that courtesy; to not do so is to give in to the worse parts of one's nature, which is easy to do.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Had you put in a qualifier like "some white progressives" or "in my experience, white progressives...". But you didn't put anything in. Thus, (and perhaps I'm taking liberties with the language that we are both communicating in) I understood you to mean ALL white progressives.

Of course, you did not understand it that way.

No one with any degree of alertness would believe that.

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,129.00
Faith
Atheist
Can we agree that it wasn't entirely "free" because he had to squirm and go through some bad times? But also, that he did not get convicted although he was guilty of a crime that would have gotten any other president removed from office.

Can you cite any president that was removed from office for his sexual actions while in office? Can you cite any sitting president other than Clinton that even had his sexual actions put on trial? Sitting presidents rarely get convicted of crimes, much less sex crimes.

To that extent, you might say he was given a "pass," if not necessarily a completely free one. And he emerged as something of a beloved senior statesman because of finding favor with the press. The politicians who did not do anywhere near what he did wound up being excluded from public life in disgrace.

How was his treatment for his sexual actions any less than Herman Cain's? Cain didn't get taken to trial, other than in the court of public opinion. To cry foul at Cain's past being brought up as an issue and simultaneously claim that Clinton got a "free pass" is a huge double standard. Cain was unelectable regardless of his sexual past, but his sexual past definitely helped end his campaign earlier.

You keep citing these politicians who would be excluded from public life for those types of actions, but that's not reflective of reality.

The governor of South Carolina, Mark Sanford, had an affair in Argentina on taxpayer money. This was unearthed in 2009, and he stayed in office as governor until 2011. He eventually left that position, but was elected to the House of Representatives in 2013. He wasn't "excluded from public life in disgrace" - he took a 2 year hiatus and re-entered the political arena and took office again within 2 years.

I'm not affiliated with a political party, and throughout this thread i've criticized the comments made against Jindal, but these claims you, nightflight, and fatherjim are making are partisan nonsense.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
How was his treatment for his sexual actions any less than Herman Cain's?
Cain's accusers never proved anything and disappeared as soon as Cain dropped his candidacy. Clinton committed perjury. That's a fact.

You may continue to talk as though it was all just about consensual sex--that's the standard Democrat line--but it's not true..

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟269,140.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As much as I dislike his other stances, frankly I'm sick of this BS on both sides when it comes to this issue. I hate this, "You must either BE 100% american!!! or 100% your race/culture or what ever, and that people arn't allowed to decide who they will be.

If someone wants to be american rather then black, jew, indian or what ever, then thats their right, just as it's their right if they want to remain jewish, black, or Indian or any other indentifier. What bothers me is when people start acting like, being true to your culture makes you non american, or abandoning your culture to be the more traditional american, makes you a race traitor or such. WHat divides more then anything else, is when people start saying, "you must be X or else." wether it's a actual threat, or just, "You are X or your not a real X." or such.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟7,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Everyone I saw quoted in the source in the OP was an INDIAN-American.
The first one, Suprteek Chatterjee, isn't even American, just Indian. The last one, Anup Kaphle, isn't Indian, he's Nepali.

How is the leap made from this handful of men to "white progressives" defaming that lovely conservative, Bobby Jindal?

Reactions: rambot
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟180,868.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Cain's accusers never proved anything and disappeared as soon as Cain dropped his candidacy. Clinton committed perjury. That's a fact.

You may continue to talk as though it was all just about consensual sex--that's the standard Democrat line--but it's not true..
it was consensual. Prove it is false. The lie does not make your point.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
As much as I dislike his other stances, frankly I'm sick of this BS on both sides when it comes to this issue. I hate this, "You must either BE 100% american!!! or 100% your race/culture or what ever, and that people arn't allowed to decide who they will be.

If someone wants to be american rather then black, jew, indian or what ever, then thats their right, just as it's their right if they want to remain jewish, black, or Indian or any other indentifier. What bothers me is when people start acting like, being true to your culture makes you non american, or abandoning your culture to be the more traditional american, makes you a race traitor or such. WHat divides more then anything else, is when people start saying, "you must be X or else." wether it's a actual threat, or just, "You are X or your not a real X." or such.

I agree. Some are looking to destroy other people, no matter which side they take on such matters. I recommend today's editorial by Jonah Goldberg, which speaks directly and effectively to this ridiculous situation we're in.

http://townhall.com/columnists/jona...rals-are-playing-a-racial-shell-game-n2017713

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Oct 13, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
✟1,657.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
<<Bill Clinton was clearly attacked for his sexual history. There were impeachment proceedings which included his sexual activity. Being brought to trial on his sexual activity is the opposite of "getting a free pass on his sexual activity".>>

Clinton was impeached by the House of Representatives on two charges; one of perjury and one of obstruction of justice. Two other impeachment articles, a second perjury charge and a charge of abuse of power, failed in the House.

The Senate declined to convict. (Though He was disbarred in his state and by the Supreme Court.)

His sexual activity was not an article of impeachment.

And, in spite of the disgrace he brought upon the office of the president of the United States, he did not resign.

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,129.00
Faith
Atheist

No, says the facts regarding Clinton, and comparisons with other politicians sexual misconduct and the consequences (or lack thereof) for them.

Clinton was (and still is, to this day) clearly politically attacked for his sexual actions. The perjury was directly related to his sexual misconduct. Cain never had to go to trial for his sexual actions, he simply got political fallout from them. Clinton got no more of a free pass than Cain (or Mark Sanford, for that matter).

Your bias is evident, and your refusal to acknowledge the truth is plain to see.

Upvote 0