Rabbinic authority?

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
This is so true...

"The Jewish world began changing dramatically, no longer under the authority of God’s Word, but rather, under independent, creative, and man-made interpretation and application. From that point on, the Rabbinical tradition is called the “Oral Law,” and is “canonized” in the Talmud, which is comprised of the Mishna and Gemara. It is imperative to understand the magnitude and breadth of the change that the Jewish world underwent, when we come to talk about keeping or adhering to Jewish tradition. In this same spirit, Paul speaks of Israel’s zeal to establish a righteousness through man-made rules.

Brothers, my heart's desire and prayer to God for them is that they may be saved. For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge. For, being ignorant of the righteousness of God, and seeking to establish their own, they did not submit to God's righteousness. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes" (Rom 10:1–4)."

Upvote 0

ErezY

Oct 3, 2013
✟8,620.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Yet, the whole introduction, over 3 paragraphs, explains how Torah is irrelevant and impossible to observe today.
However, many of Moses' laws are practically impossible to keep in our day and age, due to the current reality in which we live: for example, issues concerning slavery or purification rituals are no longer relevant.

Reactions: pat34lee
Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Yet, the whole introduction, over 3 paragraphs, explains how Torah is irrelevant and impossible to observe today.

It also talks about how great Torah is, but that it isn't for gentiles unless you've been specifically called to it. IOW to convert to Judaism.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
It also talks about how great Torah is, but that it isn't for gentiles unless you've been specifically called to it. IOW to convert to Judaism.
I love the greater than thou art attitude in the article.... NOT

Upvote 0