Sep 7, 2006
Sydney
✟14,280.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hi namericanboy,:wave:

Adoration: I'm not sure about the history (maybe someone else could help you there), but I'm pretty sure that the Orthodox do not do adoration. Neither do the Eastern Catholics.

Sins: Scandal is 'An attribute or behaviour which leads another to do evil' (CCC2284). Here is a link to the part of the catechism which discusses scandal. Points 2284-2287 apply.
http://www.vatican.va/archive/catechism/p3s2c2a5.htm#II

The Bible says we have a responsibility in our actions not to lead others away from God.
Luke17:1 said:
Temptations to sin may come; but woe to him by whom they come
Mat18:6 said:
Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened round his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea

We label sins so that it is easier to talk about them and know what they are. Sins are categorised in the Bible in the Ten Commandments, Catholics use the same system of categorisation.

Upvote 0

namericanboy

Apr 9, 2005
✟2,043.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you sis.. The scandal thing is easy to understand..That why I do my best to walk the walk and live pure before the Lord..

Ok..On the sin thing I see blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is the only unpardonable one ie rejecting Christ's message... The others I see sin as sin before the Lord..It all clouds us before the Lord and we need to stay in a repentitive state to walk in purity before the Lord..Like don't go to sleep with bad attitude with your spouse..Or stay in unforgiveness towards another..

Upvote 0

namericanboy

Apr 9, 2005
✟2,043.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for that history..I read some..So it wasn't really practiced till after the original apostles.. I believe the body and blood to be a mystery..I don't really get into the accident thing..I don't really need to know .I just accept it by faith...I take grape juice..any alcohol even nyquil makes me feel strange..It is also very important to be pure before the Lord with a clean heart before you partake..It is sad we can't all commune together.

Upvote 0

Foundthelight

St. Peter's R.C. Church, Delhi, NY
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2003
Central New York
Visit site
✟26,728.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I will not answer your question because I don't know when the adoration started. I will say that Christ does exist in the Eucharist and that since He is present we should pay homage to Him through the Adoration.

My 2 cents!

Upvote 0

Foundthelight

St. Peter's R.C. Church, Delhi, NY
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2003
Central New York
Visit site
✟26,728.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
When I attended a mainstream Protestant Church (I was an Elder in the PC-USA) sin wasn't discussed except in a general way. The need for repentance wasn't taught in a very biblical fashion. Lent was a time to reflect on God's love for us through the death and resurrection, not on our need for repentance.

Mostly it was about God's love and nothing else. To speak of specific sins was to be judgmental, which they seemed to think was the greatest sin of all.

God's love is there for all of us, but we cannot have eternal life without recognizing our sin and repenting of it. How can we recognize our sin if we do not know what is sin? The Catholic Church wants us to recognize our sin and repent in order to be forgiven so that we can be saved. This is true love.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

namericanboy

Apr 9, 2005
✟2,043.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When I attended a mainstream Protestant Church (I was an Elder in the PC-USA) sin wasn't discussed except in a general way. The need for repentance wasn't taught in a very biblical fashion. Lent was a time to reflect on God's love for us through the death and resurrection, not on our need for repentance.

Wow that is scary ..No wonder some leave protestant churches and become Catholic...Says something about last days apostasy...n

Reactions: Foundthelight
Upvote 0

a_ntv

Ens Liturgicum
Apr 21, 2006
✟35,618.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
When did the practice of putting your eucharist in a monsterance for adoration start. Do the Orthodox do this?

What is the sin of scandal? How come you have all the sins in catagories?

Thank you.

Orthodox dont use mostrances, but anyway they also keep the Eucharist in the Church (on a little box on the altar).
And you can see that they show a great respect when the enter in a church.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.