In Memoriam to CS Lewis
Feb 27, 2016
South Africa
✟316,433.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
why isnt anyone acknowledging that CS lewis is also flawed in his writing and could and has lead others astray.

I think you have to acknowledge that, and if you dont, maybe you are blind to it. Which is why you need to search the scripture to see if what he was writing is so. Well, i have and much of what he says and the life he led doesnt line up with what scripture says a christian acts. Like for example occult. GOds word tells us to stay away from it, but here you have cs lewis still playing round with it and writing fantasy novels. Its like hes doubleminded. One foot in the athiest camp trying to placate them and the other in the christian camp.

Think of the missionary heroes, the faithful saints who demonstrated with their actions a christ likeness and not just with their words. If your lips honor Him but your heart is far from Him, what are you but a clanging cymbal?
Everyone agrees Lewis was flawed, like any man. Lewis himself acknowledges this. Why do you expect people to be saints? Are you a saint? In fact Christianity has shown me how much of a sinner I really am. All humans have feet of clay.

Lewis's works are well grounded in scripture. I fear you just fail to see it. That is fine though, if you dislike Lewis there are other writers for you. As I have said before, Lewis's writings are from human hands, so they aren't perfect or gospel. I don't think anyone has said they were, but they just aren't misguided occult works as you continue to imply either. They are Christian works from a sincere Christian.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Lets see, how do I put this bluntly. Maybe you should read the Bible more than cs lewis and grasp hold of scripture first before you quote whatever cs lewis says which isnt even scriputre. He isnt God you know.
What makes you think I don't read the Bible more than CS Lewis? I haven't read a book by Lewis in a couple of decades. I'm still reading the Bible. As Aslan said to the children of Narnia when he explained that they wouldn't be returning, we have to draw close to Aslan here in this world.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
why isnt anyone acknowledging that CS lewis is also flawed in his writing and could and has lead others astray.
Who is denying that Lewis is flawed? All human beings are flawed. You post his shortcomings as if it's a big deal that he has them. Big whoopie. I have shortcomings too, as do you.

I seriously don't that his writing could lead anyone astray, unless there was something warped about that individual in the first place.

Upvote 0

MournfulWatcher

In the beginning was the Word.
Feb 15, 2016
United States
✟110,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Lets see, how do I put this bluntly. Maybe you should read the Bible more than cs lewis and grasp hold of scripture first before you quote whatever cs lewis says which isnt even scriputre. He isnt God you know.

Um. I think everyone in this discussion has read the bible more than C.S Lewis for one thing. Also, it is extremely condescending for you to assume that I don't have a good understanding of scripture just because I am defending Lewis. Don't be a pharisee. And I never even suggested that Lewis' writings are more important than the Bible; once again, you're making false assumptions.

There are TONS of things you and I do every day that could turn people away from God. Lewis helped far more people than he hurt, and the people who went astray after reading his work probably would have left anyway. And I honestly can't think how someone could be lead astray from his work..

I think you have to acknowledge that, and if you dont, maybe you are blind to it. Which is why you need to search the scripture to see if what he was writing is so. Well, i have and much of what he says and the life he led doesnt line up with what scripture says a christian acts. Like for example occult.

Well let me see...

Aslan being a lion: Hosea 11:10 Revelation 5:5

Witchcraft being bad: Galations 5:20 among other stories in the Bible showing occult sorcery as a bad thing.

Quote from Narnia about the White Witch, presented in a NEGATIVE light:
"The White Witch?" said Edmund; "who's she?"

"She is a perfectly terrible person," said Lucy. "She calls herself the Queen of Narnia thought she has no right to be queen at all, and all the Fauns and Dryads and Naiads and Dwarfs and Animals—at least all the good ones—simply hate her. And she can turn people into stone and do all kinds of horrible things."

If you think it's evil for Lewis to talk about witchcraft negatively, then why don't you think it's bad for the Bible to talk about it negatively?

And what makes you think that if somebody studies mythology that they are suddenly a pagan and into the occult? Did you know most high schools teach about the Greek and Norse gods in mythology? Would you call a high school student a pagan for learning about what some people believed, or maybe being fascinated by some of the stories found in Greek and Norse mythology? Lewis didn't "play around with it" he studied it and thought it was interesting; he was not studying the occult, which is based in satanism. Magic and mythical creatures don't usually have religious ties in the modern world; in fact, griffins and dragons and other fantasy creatures were invented during the Medieval era, when most people identified as Christian.
Think of the missionary heroes, the faithful saints who demonstrated with their actions a christ likeness and not just with their words. If your lips honor Him but your heart is far from Him, what are you but a clanging cymbal?

You're being very judgmental here. Why do you think writers like Lewis aren't honoring God? We aren't all called to go to faraway places to evangelize; sometimes it can be at home, at your typewriter, pondering hard questions that MANY people ask about Christianity and trying to help guide your readers towards Christ, even if that is through fantasy. Even Jesus taught using parables and stories to help people understand a lesson. You keep saying that we shouldn't read or write fantasy stories because of what the Bible says about casting down vain imaginations in Romans 1:21 which I personally think you are misunderstanding.

Lewis was a man. Just a man, and he was a humble one at that. He loved Jesus, and he wanted to glorify Him through writing about Christianity. You can keep saying that Lewis lead people astray, but that will NEVER outweigh the amount of people he's helped guide towards the direction of Christ. His use of logic and philosophy helped people who had questions that scripture didn't address in detail. You may disagree with what he wrote, or that it made you personally uncomfortable, but it's awfully dogmatic to assume that people who like his writings are misguided and haven't read enough scripture.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
As i said before, a doubleminded man is unstable in all his ways. Its like Jesus talking about the pharisees making proselytes, but they make them even worse.

If thats being dogmatic then sorry Im dogmatic. You cant be offended if you have actually read the Bible and know the scriptures I am referring to.

I think CS lewis isnt honoring God and misunderstands Him in many ways compared to scripture. He totally misses the point about keeping away from the occult, and mythmaking. Actually dragons are what people now call dinosaurs and were NOT an invention of the middle ages. That goes to show how ignorant people are about the occult that ppl like lewis think oh Im not an occultist yet dont stop me from being enamoured with it. There are dragons in the bible and the bible is not a middle ages book or myth.

No we arent all called to faraway places we are called to help widows and orphans in need. To care for the least of these, does cs lewis do this, or does he only concern himself with writing opinions on christianity and philosophising? I just want to know, if anyone can answer. Faith without works is dead...what does he show for his faith other than writing? What kind of character was he that people who knew him can testify? Why was he continually dishonest with people in his personal life after his conversion? That puzzled me. He had a hidden life that he would whitewash.

If nobody can testify, then I rest my case.

Lets see other christians i will give you an example. David wilkerson. Hes a pastor right, in a country town. One day he gives up tv and goes to nyc to outreach amongst gang members. What would have happened if he didnt make the choice to give up tv. What if he decided oh i can reach more people by being on TV! Would he have been a more effective televangelist? Would nicky cruz have been touched by God...through a tv set? He probably doesnt even watch tv!

Anyway just think about it. Im not saying God cant reach people by other means, but..there are so many ppl that write christian sounding books and cs lewis is just one of them, and the danger is that half of them or most of them have dubious theology and a watered down gospel. And people dont realise that they can be sincere, but sincerely wrong. Like the JEsus Calling book. That could be christian fantasy too. Alot of those books are channelled occult books and opening readers up to all sorts of things. Dont forget the bible warning us about satan masquerading as an angel of light.

Thats why when I started reading screwtape letters I thought. Ok. Hold on what is cs lewis doing here. If hes mocking christians hes doing a perverted job of it, and if hes glorifying God by speaking as a devil thats perverse as well. When I read it i thought, meh what a waste of time. He makes out like demons are just playing round, but if youve ever confronted a real demon and had to cast one out you know they dont go quietly.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Theres a lot of things people miss when theyre not careful reading the bible.
If you knew him, maybe you in a position to say. But if you dont well, avoiding all appearance of evil is another scripture some professed christians dont take seriously. Not because they themselves may stumble, but they will cause other weaker or newer in the faith to stumble. Have you thought about that? Why was narnia written, to indulge in myth or to reach out to children...?

Screwtape letters..why would you present this to a new christian who might have just been delivered from bondage that presents demons as still persisiting but in a joky way. Some people might see this perspective as refreshing, but many will wonder what the point is. Of course mr lewis didnt write for everyone. But please dont overrate him or imply that people that dont get him are stupid or inferior or not christian. Or dont read their bibles. Or dont know or recognise a faithful saint when they see one.

Its disturbing guru-like behaviour. jesus said to make disciples, but not of ourselves, and not of cs lewis but of Him.

Upvote 0

Quid est Veritas?

In Memoriam to CS Lewis
Feb 27, 2016
South Africa
✟316,433.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Screwtape letters..why would you present this to a new christian who might have just been delivered from bondage that presents demons as still persisiting but in a joky way. Some people might see this perspective as refreshing, but many will wonder what the point is. Of course mr lewis didnt write for everyone. But please dont overrate him or imply that people that dont get him are stupid or inferior or not christian. Or dont read their bibles. Or dont know or recognise a faithful saint when they see one.
No one said anyone was inferior or stupid for not liking Lewis. Nor did we imply that. Those are solely your own words.

o we arent all called to faraway places we are called to help widows and orphans in need. To care for the least of these, does cs lewis do this, or does he only concern himself with writing opinions on christianity and philosophising? I just want to know, if anyone can answer. Faith without works is dead...what does he show for his faith other than writing? What kind of character was he that people who knew him can testify? Why was he continually dishonest with people in his personal life after his conversion? That puzzled me. He had a hidden life that he would whitewash.

You need to prove that he didn't help the needy, not us. For Jesus said that your right hand should not know what the left is doing when doing good works. That we shouldn't broadcast our charity and piety like the Pharisees. So if I could show Lewis doing these things, then he wouldn't have been following the instructions of Christ.
As to people that knew him, he was known as a very likeable and jovial fellow with a good sense of humour according to them, but 'he knew when to be serious and when not to' in the words of his stepson.
Likewise, how was he dishonest and had a 'double life'? I have never seen any evidence of this, as most of the things you sited above, happened before his conversion, not afterwards.

As to staying away from the 'Occult', I agree. As would Lewis. But Myth is not the 'Occult', there is a vast difference.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The lion witch and the wardrobe has occult elements.
Witchcraft is occult based, do you not understand that. Screwtape letters was about demons, worse, putting words in the mouths of demons. Strange thing is he made it cutesy sounding, or rather the illustrations did give the impression.

I read cs lewis was influenced by the occult. One of his teachers was a lady in the spell of it, who took on the teachings of theosophy. Thats why you get a lot of reference to 'the christ' like its a symbol instead of Jesus himself in the Bible.

Also he seemed to copy the idea of lion, witch and the wardrobe from E. nesbits tales.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The double life with his land lady continued on after his conversion. He would lie about his relationship with her, that much is clear. Im not being pharisee about it, this is what one of the daughters of the landlady tried to tell people. When she died, he was free, but its suggested that he was in some kind of sexual bondage to her.

When he married at the age of 60, it was a marriage of convenience. He himself said as much. He did not consider marrying a divorcee to be adultery, as its said in the. Bible, probably because he felt he was marrying her ao she could stay in the country, not for other reasons. This was kind of pity and he was taken by her. Cs lewis seemed to be vulnerable to witchcraft.

The character of the witch in narnia to edmund i think it was pretty much sums up cs lewis susceptibility to manipulation.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The book a grief observed, i remember reading that, was actually published under a pseudonym. Why?

Well, i dont know all the reasons, but got the impression that he used writing to sort his feelings out. It was personal to him but it seems an odd way to grieve for someone who is a christian or said to be. The thing that gives us beleivers comfort is knowing that those who die in christ are sleeping with Him and will be raised. That is the hope we all have. So really when one thinks about this we ought to have peace and even rejoice.

To write a book about your own grief and then publish it to me seems self indulgent. It doesnt even really celebrate who his wife was, i just remember it going on about loss..but a saved believer is never really lost. They Have christs blessed assurance.

Unless he was unsure if his wife was saved? That puzzled me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Cs lewis married helen in a civil cermony and they lived in separately since the marriage was meant to be in name only. But when she fell ill he had to look after her and she moved in, then they got married again when CS lewis begged an anglican priest to recongnise their relationship. She was on her deathbed. The bishop wouldnt so he found someone else who was a friend that would.

So it seems he was not above leading a double life even after conversion, the priest had qualms because helen was a divorcee. After prayer she got better and they could spend some time together, but it was a short reprieve as the cancer came back. Later writing about it it seems helen cs lewis idolised her somewhat (as she did him) as he wrote she was his soveriegn, mother, pupil etc.

Well, i dont know but for christians Jesus is our soveriegn even if we are married, not our spouses.

I found this info as was just reading the book shadowlands that talks about their relationship. I didnt know all that before. In the book grief observed it wasnt obvious who his wife was as she wasnt named. Maybe he felt he had to justify the marriage, anyway, his stepsons at least inherited everything as he wouldnt let them go back to their birth dad (he was an alcoholic and serial adulterer) which is probably why helen got married to him ...but it is clear she was in love with her idol, and the shadowlands book said he was like her guru.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Marrying a divorcee doesn't mean you are susceptible to witchcraft. I think you have serious problems with logic. Lewis married AT FIRST for convenience, but CAME to actually love Joy. They had a real marriage before she died.

The witchcraft in Narnia is a bad thing, perfectly in line with Scripture, although I have no problems with imaginary worlds where the laws of nature are different and non-satanic magic works.

Although Screwtape is amusing, it is also CHILLING. The intent of the book is to wake up Christians to the reality of spiritual warfare.

The obvious reason he originally published a Grief Observed anonymously is because it is so very personal. However, because it was anonymous, it shows it was not narcissistic, not for attention. It was published with the intent that others experiencing grief might read it and understand that they are not alone, and that those not experiencing grief might have a better understanding of those who have lost dear ones. I find your attempt to cast this book in a bad light of particularly bad taste.

And of course, AGAIN, the genre of myth is not occultic.

How it is that you miss these rather OBVIOUS things, I don't know. As a former teacher, I've had to grade many papers on reading comprehension. Based on things you've said about various Lewis books, I hate to tell you what grade you'd get. You don't just dislike them -- you actually misrepresent them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Im sorry if it makes out like im trying to pick holes in everything cs lewis wrote but some things just dont add up for me about him. Maybe I just leave it at that and not argue or question it anymore. after all, its not like he has that big an influence on my faith journey.

But I do feel odd now about having narnia books in the church library..someone donated them. I can just put them in the bin, i dont think anyone would notice that much. In acts they burned occult books. I just think they wouldnt be suitable for children particularly if they read them first without knowing the bible.

When they had the narnia movies going on I dont know if they focused more on the occult side of the story rather than the inserted christian elements, but I do know that nobody really sees it as a particularly christian movie, unless they want to squint really hard to make it so. Like the movie frozen, really popular with children, and some of the messages you can take from it maybe be feelgood, but its still not the truth and mixes a lot of occult in it.

Wizard of oz is also one of those books and movies that was very deceptive to children. Frank l baum was a theosophist and inocorporated occult ideas into his oz books.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Im sorry if it makes out like im trying to pick holes in everything cs lewis wrote but some things just dont add up for me about him. Maybe I just leave it at that and not argue or question it anymore.
This is the conclusion I've reached after this extensive thread. You do not personally like the books because you don't understand them: your own creative imagination is stunted, so you are not able to effectively interact with the genre. Next, what you don't understand, you mistrust and fear. Next, what you fear, you make up all sorts of false accusations about, and this point sort of bleeds into Lewis' other books and his life in general.

I suggest you come to terms with having the Narnian Chronicles in your Church library. I'm not sure what you mean by "the bin" but I assume you mean the trash. If you do anything to get rid of them on the sly, it could lead to discipline. At the very least, you would be asked to pay for the replacement of the books, and they would end up right back on the shelves. At the worst, you might be asked to leave the church. Then there is God's judgment for what would amount to stealing from your own church. Your position is more than just unusual. We are actually being very kind to you here; it is doubtful that the administration of your church will be as patient if you destroy church property.

Do you know that frequently this thread is just so weird that I wonder if you aren't making it all up to mess with our heads.

How can anyone with a kitty cat avatar hate Narnia? All kitty cats are talking kitty cats.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

topcare

The Eucharist is Life
Apr 8, 2014
✟12,064.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is the conclusion I've reached after this extensive thread. You do not personally like the books because you don't understand them: your own creative imagination is stunted, so you are not able to effectively interact with the genre. Next, what you don't understand, you mistrust and fear. Next, what you fear, you make up all sorts of false accusations about, and this point sort of bleeds into Lewis' other books and his life in general.

The MO of the OP and many fundamentalist. They live to put down others

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But aslan is a lion, not a lamb.

Someone has already quoted Revelation 5:5: And one of the elders said to me, “Weep no more; behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has conquered, so that he can open the scroll and its seven seals.” (ESV)

Yes, C S Lewis was a Christian, and yes, he was right to portray Christ as a lion.

There are a number of good books out there explaining the Christian symbolism of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. I suggest that you read one of them before you say anything more about the book.

He also does the same with screwtape letters, making out that wormtongue or the uncle or whoever is writing the letters to be greater than God and having more power.

I don't think you quite understand The Screwtape Letters; they are good advice as long as you reverse everything the demons say.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Quid est Veritas?

In Memoriam to CS Lewis
Feb 27, 2016
South Africa
✟316,433.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The lion witch and the wardrobe has occult elements.
Witchcraft is occult based, do you not understand that. Screwtape letters was about demons, worse, putting words in the mouths of demons. Strange thing is he made it cutesy sounding, or rather the illustrations did give the impression.

I read cs lewis was influenced by the occult. One of his teachers was a lady in the spell of it, who took on the teachings of theosophy. Thats why you get a lot of reference to 'the christ' like its a symbol instead of Jesus himself in the Bible.

1: Also he seemed to copy the idea of lion, witch and the wardrobe from E. nesbits tales.
1: Please give me the name of this Theosophist lady who influenced him? I have no idea what you are talking about and based on your previous responses, it is highly probable you might be mistaken.

2: The Magician's Nephew was loosely based on a tale of Edith Nesbit. This was purposefully done by Lewis as an homage to her children's books which he himself had read as a child and is a fact he readily admitted and gave her credit for. He even mentioned her characters, the Bastables, at the beginning of the story to say roughly when it was set. There is no 'he copied the work' about it and besides, it is Not the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe that was influenced by her, but a later part of the Narnia cycle, well after the idea of Narnia as a supposition had been established.

The double life with his land lady continued on after his conversion. He would lie about his relationship with her, that much is clear. Im not being pharisee about it, this is what one of the daughters of the landlady tried to tell people. When she died, he was free, but its suggested that he was in some kind of sexual bondage to her.

When he married at the age of 60, it was a marriage of convenience. He himself said as much. He did not consider marrying a divorcee to be adultery, as its said in the. Bible, probably because he felt he was marrying her ao she could stay in the country, not for other reasons. This was kind of pity and he was taken by her. Cs lewis seemed to be vulnerable to witchcraft.

The character of the witch in narnia to edmund i think it was pretty much sums up cs lewis susceptibility to manipulation.

3: There is no conclusive evidence of any untoward relationship with Mrs Moore at all, only conjecture made by biographers and even then, they tend to stress that his relationship with her was probably only when he was younger, ie before his conversion.
He was in 'bondage' to her as he had promised her son, a close friend of his in WWI, to look after his mother if he died (which he did until she passed away). He treated Mrs Moore's daughter as his sister and she inherited his property, not his stepsons (they inherited the rights to his written works). Where you get this weird soap opera view of strife with Mrs. Moore's daughter I don't know, as they were actually very close. The biographers base the view of a relationship with Mrs. Moore on some of his letters from his younger days and some comments made by his brother, father and Mrs. Moore's daughter, but there was no scandal at the time, nor any sort of story that this was happening. It was only later after his death, that biographers started talking about his 'untoward relationship' with Mrs. Moore.

4: He married Joy for convenience, but then later had a real Christian marriage with her. There is no shame in any of this. There is Christian Charity in the former and Love in the latter. As to the rest you wrote on A Grief Observed, I think Good Heart explained it very nicely.

5: As to Edmund, he betrayed Narnia but was redeemed and went on to be one of the revered Four Kings of Cair Paravel. If Lewis based the character on himself, it just shows a man being saved by the Grace of the Lord, not on account of his own foolish actions and going on to become a good man. I think it would be better to see Edmund as an example of us all - stupid and vain sinners.

Im sorry if it makes out like im trying to pick holes in everything cs lewis wrote but some things just dont add up for me about him. Maybe I just leave it at that and not argue or question it anymore. after all, its not like he has that big an influence on my faith journey.

But I do feel odd now about having narnia books in the church library..someone donated them. I can just put them in the bin, i dont think anyone would notice that much. In acts they burned occult books. I just think they wouldnt be suitable for children particularly if they read them first without knowing the bible.

When they had the narnia movies going on I dont know if they focused more on the occult side of the story rather than the inserted christian elements, but I do know that nobody really sees it as a particularly christian movie, unless they want to squint really hard to make it so. Like the movie frozen, really popular with children, and some of the messages you can take from it maybe be feelgood, but its still not the truth and mixes a lot of occult in it.

Wizard of oz is also one of those books and movies that was very deceptive to children. Frank l baum was a theosophist and inocorporated occult ideas into his oz books.

I think you are throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Narnia is not the same as the Wizard of Oz or Frozen or whatever. Each person's work should be judged on its own, not some vast condemnation bandied about of all fantasy. I think you are searching for occult elements where none exist, like people looking for Satanic messages in branding or kids cartoons.

Don't destroy Church property please, make your case with your minister and the church management and if they agree then you can remove them. If they do not, then maybe they can enlighten you on why you are mistaken. Perhaps you'll listen to them, as you seem to be ignoring the rest of us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Its not church property its just a donated book I havent stamped yet as im one of the church librarians. I check every book to make sure its kosher i.e edifying for the congregation. And biblical. Some books people have donated are way out there, like book of mormon! Or kenneth hagin. I dont want ppl being led astray esp children.

Sometimes even bibles have occult symbols on their covers, like not the pentagram as thats kinda obvious, but hexagrams and those knot things.

Before you think im being paranoid Im not its just we are to stay away from that stuff. And I cant fit every book on the shelf, as theres limited space. The public library has heaps of fiction and fantasy books already so its no great loss if those are removed.

Theres a lot of 'christian' books that arent christian. Theres even some i found about a jewish man converted to chrirstianity i think it was called michael, michael, and something didint add up about it, then found out later what a bunch of lies it was and the guy wasnt a christian after all! He was one of those wolves in sheeps clothing and his ex wife testified that it was so as he was adulterous.

I mean you can read these books if you want but there are better books out there and ones that actually grow you instead of leading you astray down the rabbit hole.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The book i read on cs lewis was by alistair mcgrath and it wasnt the greatest biography IMHO. He kept going on about how cs lewis forgot when he was converted and had the dates wrong, making it seem like he was deliberately covering it up. But it could just mean he was getting old and confused.

As for the land lady relationship, that just seemed odd. It was the daughter maureen who revealed that cs lewis had a relationship with her mother that went further than tenant or caregiver. But that may have been before his conversion. We all make mistakes.

As for theosophy well cs lewis was around that intellectual climate of ideas so porbably absorbed a lot of them when he was younger and was vulnerable to its influence. He did write that he was fascinated with the occult and had a lust for the preternatural.

If you live in a climate like oxford where theres all these atheists and occult practioners and are the only christian you might want to compromise your faith and just try and get along with them. Or you could just say, not thats wrong. And there is a way to be free, and the only way is through Jesus. I dont think its any good telling witches and wizards well ive found a better magic than you and joined church and heres why cos its true.

Its because cs lewis seems to have a low view of scripture and places more imprtance on his reasoning and arguments that I think, well. If he just stated the truth thats in the bible it would cut to the heart of whats wrong and then he wouldnt need to explain it all, just allow God to work through his Word.

Upvote 0