Question for TEs who believe literal adam/eve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

philadiddle

Drumming circles around you
Dec 23, 2004
Canada
Visit site
✟4,522.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are some TEs who accept that animals evolved and the earth is millions of years old, but that approx. 6000 years ago the genesis account actually happened.

My question is this, why did God take the same endogenous retroviral segments that we find in apes and put them in humans when he created them? Here's a link for what i'm talking about.
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/section4.html#retroviruses
to sum it up: a virus can insert itself into segments of code before an animal gives birth. The offspring will have this unique code in a unique place, as will all of it's offspring. The similare retrovirus segments that we find in humans and apes is strong evidence for evolution. Just wondering if u think God was trying to deceive ppl?

rmwilliamsll

avid reader
Mar 19, 2004
✟7,946.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
a virus can insert itself into segments of code before an animal gives birth

retroviral insertation happens either in the egg or sperm progenitor cells or, more unlikely in eggs or sperm themselves. not related to the birth process, happens before fertilization.

you are confusing TE and OEC. TE, by definition sees human beings as continuous with the rest of life and not a unique de novo creation from God. TE's that understand the Genesis account in 3-5 don't (customarily) dispute that human beings evolved.

Upvote 0

stumpjumper

Left the river, made it to the sea
Site Supporter
May 10, 2005
✟71,136.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
philadiddle said:
There are some TEs who accept that animals evolved and the earth is millions of years old, but that approx. 6000 years ago the genesis account actually happened.

As Richard said, that seems like more of an OEC account... I do believe that there was some sort a fall from grace between primordial man and God. I don't think it was a literal fall and only involved one man and woman, the serpent and God...

But, I do see a series of falls from grace as man became more sophisticated and independent and started acting like his own God as the tree of knowledge talks about...

In that sense, Genesis most certainly actually happened...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.