Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for allowing me to ask questions regarding your beliefs.

Aside from The Torah, which I understand you adhere to, did Messiah keep and fulfill
all of the Law of God?
Not sure what you mean by 'All the law of G-d' aside from Torah.

Which 'law' are you referring to?

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Maybe I lack understanding. MJs talk about keeping the Torah, but not every Mosaic law.
Would you explain the difference for me?
We endeavor to keep whatever commandments, statutes, ordinances and judgments are applicable to us, unless it is no longer possible to do so. For example, anything in Torah pertaining to something only women can do is not applicable to a man. The same holds true for things pertaining to men not being applicable to women. When YHWH says, "neither shall a man put on a woman's garment" (Deuteronomy 22:5b), that command is not applicable to women. Deuteronomy 22:5a would not be applicable to men.

An example of commands that can no longer be kept would be any law concerning the physical tabernacle since it no longer exists. Many laws concerning priests and the sacrificial system can no longer be kept according to the letter, but the principle may still be applicable, ie; the need for an animal sacrifice for sin is now fulfilled through Yeshua's sacrifice for us.

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Now that you know that, before Messiah, the Torah meant the entire Law of Moses, does that change the way you view Torah or the Law of Moses? Do you realize that Yeshua kept every Law of Moses that was applicable to him? Had he broken just one of them, it would be sin. Sin is the transgression of the Law (1 John 3:4). If we break the Law, we sin. Yet, Yeshua was sinless.

Upvote 0

Grafted In

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2012
Upper midwest
✟59,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now that you know that, before Messiah, the Torah meant the entire Law of Moses, does that change the way you view Torah or the Law of Moses? Do you realize that Yeshua kept every Law of Moses that was applicable to him? Had he broken just one of them, it would be sin. Sin is the transgression of the Law (1 John 3:4). If we break the Law, we sin. Yet, Yeshua was sinless.

Yes, I do understand now that The Law of Moses, as was given to him at Mount Sinai is the whole Law if God.
I just had never understood what was meant by Torah. I thought it must be parts of The Law that were able to be kept at this time. I hear MJs referring to Torah and did not understand what that meant.
Thank you for explaining it to me.
I hope you understand that I have no agenda here, nor do I have a bone to pick with MJs. I simply did not understand.

I do have one more question at this time. Why do MJs not use the "o" in the word God?.

I have decided that I would like to understand MJs as much as possible without offending anyone.
Up til now I have used a somewhat agressive, somemes obnoxious way of dealing with my Mesianic bretheren. That was clearly sin on my part.
I want to dwell peacefully with you.
I should treat you no differently than my gentile brothers and sister and I am trying to understand your beliefs better so that I do not offend you. Many of the details of your faith are totally foreign to me.
MJs, I love each one of you no matter how the details of our beliefs differ. I see you as perhaps partial fulfillment of Paul's longing for the Hebrew people to be saved.

Reactions: Soyeong
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I do have one more question at this time. Why do MJs not use the "o" in the word God?.
They do it out of respect for the name "God". (To me, "God" is not a name, but a title. His name is YHWH, Yahweh, as I understand it). Many Jews and MJs believe all of the Almighty's names are holy. Therefore, they don't believe the name should ever be discarded or thrown away. They avoid that possibly by using "G-d" so that anyone printing an article won't be held guilty by throwing the name "God" in the trash. Not everyone believes that way.

I have decided that I would like to understand MJs as much as possible without offending anyone.
Up til now I have used a somewhat agressive, somemes obnoxious way of dealing with my Mesianic bretheren. That was clearly sin on my part.
I want to dwell peacefully with you.
I should treat you no differently than my gentile brothers and sister and I am trying to understand your beliefs better so that I do not offend you.
Wise indeed!

Many of the details of your faith are totally foreign to me.
MJs, I love each one of you no matter how the details of our beliefs differ. I see you as perhaps partial fulfillment of Paul's longing for the Hebrew people to be saved.
All the details are in the Word. Do you see the Law as being abolished? If so, what is your #1 verse/passage teaching that?

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
There are distinctions...

The “Law of Moses" was written by Moses, written on parchment and placed on the side of the ark of the covenant. This explains and shows us the need to be saved and thus to lead us to Yeshua (Galatians 3:24). It also explains the life of righteousness before God.

The "Law of God" is distinct because it is written by the finger of God in stone and placed in the ark of the covenant. This is the moral law upon which all other laws are based on. They can be broken down to two components, love God and love man.

Both of these together are known as Torah.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
There is a distinction made between the Law of Moses and the Law of God.

God wrote TEN in stone and had it place inside the ark of the covenant. Moses wrote the rest on parchment and was instructed by God to place it on the side of the ark of the covenant. Together they are considered to be Torah.

Upvote 0

Grafted In

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2012
Upper midwest
✟59,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is a distinction made between the Law of Moses and the Law of God.

God wrote TEN in stone and had it place inside the ark of the covenant. Moses wrote the rest on parchment and was instructed by God to place it on the side of the ark of the covenant. Together they are considered to be Torah.

Another term for ark is coffin.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Another term for ark is coffin.

In the Bible itself, the Ark of the Covenant is arown or tebah, with a few instances that refer to it as a "box", "chest" and a single reference to a 'coffin". אָרוֹן 'arown ark (195x),chest (6x), coffin (1x).

Gen 50:26 So Joseph died, being an hundred and ten years old: and they embalmed him, and he was put in a coffin H727 in Egypt.

תֵּבָה tebah ark .... vessel which Noah built ... basket vessel in which Moses was placed

Strong's Number H8392 matches the Hebrew תֵּבָה (tebah),
which occurs 28 times in 25 verses in the Hebrew concordance of the KJV

Another term for ark is κιβωτός kibōtós, kib-o-tos'; of uncertain derivation; a box, i.e. the sacred ark and that of Noah:—ark.

Rev 11:19 And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark G2787 of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Grafted In

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2012
Upper midwest
✟59,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All the details are in the Word. Do you see the Law as being abolished? If so, what is your #1 verse/passage teaching that?

10For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. James chapter 2

Upvote 0

Grafted In

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2012
Upper midwest
✟59,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Recall the scene where Mary is met with the risen Christ. After He departs Mary runs and tells the others what she had experienced. They get up and run to the tomb which they find to be empty......accept for an angel at the head and the foot of where Jesus had been layed.

I see am image of the Ark of the Covenant.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Recall the scene where Mary is met with the risen Christ. After He departs Mary runs and tells the others what she had experienced. They get up and run to the tomb which they find to be empty......accept for an angel at the head and the foot of where Jesus had been laid.

I see am image of the Ark of the Covenant.
and the day of reckoning [Yom Kippur].... The TEN will be resurrected...

Rev 11:19 And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

Upvote 0