Question about what to watch on tv and more ?'s

V

Vanessa85

i dont work. i dont go to church, but [bless and do not curse]i consider myself a penecostal. Lately ive been just [bless and do not curse]sleeping because i dont know what is ok to watch on the Tv . What programs does God approve of. There's this family game that i would like to watch,but [bless and do not curse]the host jokes around to much about sex (sometimes). The show is like a Family Feud, but in spanish. Im scared that if a watch tv God is going to come and im going to go to hell. i also fear that his going to come while im watching tv and im going to be left behind. [bless and do not curse] .Every moment im constanly thinkinig his coming and i get a severe anxiety. [bless and do not curse]I have a word search book , but its about movies and i dont know if i should do this wordsearch or the Bible one I have. What does God mean
stay away from the wordly stuff?[bless and do not curse]
Your answers are going to be greatly appreciated
Vanessa

dragongunner

Jul 30, 2012
Indiana
✟9,578.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
That is a question that only you can and should answer for yourself. Some can watch a show and its ok for them, another christian may take offense and not watch it. Some even take offense and believe you shouldn't even have a tv. Only your spirit and conscience can tell you and you should seek this. What if you find a program you like and think is ok...but then someone tells you its not...? Find where Christ is in your life, have a personal relationship with him and you will and can find the answers that are right for you. This works for just about everything....what kind of music, what kind of car, what kind of clothes, what kind of activities.......God Bless.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is a question that only you can and should answer for yourself. Some can watch a show and its ok for them, another christian may take offense and not watch it. Some even take offense and believe you shouldn't even have a tv. Only your spirit and conscience can tell you and you should seek this. What if you find a program you like and think is ok...but then someone tells you its not...? Find where Christ is in your life, have a personal relationship with him and you will and can find the answers that are right for you. This works for just about everything....what kind of music, what kind of car, what kind of clothes, what kind of activities.......God Bless.
when i loved little ,i cared little about people using the name of my savior as a swear word...now i love him so much..i abhor it when they do.and remember..script is not adlib..they purposely write it in.... makes you think.......

Upvote 0

dragongunner

Jul 30, 2012
Indiana
✟9,578.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
when i loved little ,i cared little about people using the name of my savior as a swear word...now i love him so much..i abhor it when they do.and remember..script is not adlib..they purposely write it in.... makes you think.......

Same here....where I work they use it a lot, but I know where they are at as unbelievers and can love them. I actually love and tolerate more as I grow in Christ, now one day I heard a christian friend use Gods name in vain.....that I won't tolerate and spoke to him about it right there. Interesting that this past yr. alot of the R movies that people thought would do great at the box office didn't....the big winners where more on the family friendly kinds....think like the top 6 or 8, they said this sent a message to hollywood.

Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Vanessa, God dwells within you, to guide and empower you. Listen to his hints and whispers. It is good to see Him as mighty and overseeing all things with justice, but remember also that He calls you His child. You are like the daughter of a prime minister, president, head of a production studio, all rolled into one.

When I approach TV, I like to learn something. News, CNN's finance/business channel, History channel, C-Span, weather, reality business/design/job shows. The amount of conflicting content there is no different than we'd get in a normal day with people.

Think about how you might use your time to move your life forward, and prepare for the next phase.

A little bit of fun is no problem, but if you spend the whole day on nothingness, manufactured realities, then it's time to reflect on what life is about. Do you want to learn how to play keyboard... make candles... shoot hoops.

How can God use you... what do you like to do... are there any hobbies or jobs you can learn more about?

Where is God taking you next?

You are a Pentecostal -- one who believes that the Holy Spirit is active among us, working in power to restore, heal, inspire, inform, and set free. Where might that take you?
Don't be afraid to pray for people with conviction, and ask God who needs prayer.

Upvote 0

ozarkview

Mar 4, 2014
✟17,846.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I just recently got the tv turned on again after a couple years, Wow, I didn't miss anything. lol

my thoughts, get a sketch pad , sit on the porch or by a window, sketch what you see and hang it on the tv screen. That may guide you as to what to watch.
God bless :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

AGTG

Mar 11, 2014
✟6,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Vaness, proverbs teach that to isolate yourself is selfish and breaks out against all sound knowledge. What this means is that God has intended for you to get plugged into a body of believers local to you to learn how to love and live like a family in God's Kingdom. So, please don't just stay at home. Pray to God to lead you to a Spirit-led/filled church of people who love one another authentically and get together outside of the Sunday congregation.

I had to say this because it seems like the most important thing you needed to hear out of your post.

As far as television goes, I think the Lord is clearly speaking to you about what you allow through your eye and ears. The television is a foul, one-way communicator the devil likes to use to shape our thinking and our perception of the world.

You will not regret turning it off for good, but if you feel you should watch do so with discernment and turn away from ungodly shows that push sexuality and perversion and compromise (this will be tough to do as even the commercials have gotten so foul it's sad).

So, I'm not in the "it must be a conviction" camp. Television is a tool for the devil to shape the way Christians think. What you need to do is get into the Bible every day, let that be your mirror for how you should look, live, and think.

I hope this blesses you... And may the LORD guide you to the right church to fellowship often and with an abundance of genuine love. In Jesus' name I pray.

Upvote 0

AGTG

Mar 11, 2014
✟6,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I just recently got the tv turned on again after a couple years, Wow, I didn't miss anything. lol

my thoughts, get a sketch pad , sit on the porch or by a window, sketch what you see and hang it on the tv screen. That may guide you as to what to watch.
God bless :thumbsup:

^_^

It's true. Once you walk away from television for a while, and go back to check in to what's happening, you realize how foul it is. Every Christian should step away from the television for at least a few months to get the spirit of deception off them so when they return they will see it for what it is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AGTG

Mar 11, 2014
✟6,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Im scared that if a watch tv God is going to come and im going to go to hell. i also fear that his going to come while im watching tv and im going to be left behind. [bless and do not curse] .Every moment im constanly thinkinig his coming and i get a severe anxiety.

God loves you so much, Vanessa. You are very precious to Him. He wants you to grow and become strong and to trust Him with all your heart. He will not leave you nor forsake you.

Many people fear God is going to "catch" them doing something bad when He returns, but that's only because they have not spent enough time with Him to know He is with you always. The idea of a secret rapture is not Biblical. It is more likely that things will grow darker around us, but as this happens Jesus will be turning up the light in every Christian. That includes you, so that we may shine so brightly that others will be drawn to Jesus in the darkest of times and many, many will be saved at the end.

You have nothing but time on your hands. Spend an hour in the morning in prayer, spend an hour in the afternoon reading the Bible, spend an hour each evening before bed in prayer with Jesus again. I guarantee your fear and anxiety will disappear because when we draw near there is nothing to fear! That's how Jesus works peace, joy, love, self-control, and all the other fruit of the Spirit in us. It happens when we spend time with Him.

Also, don't neglect to pray in tongues a lot, too. That will build you up in the faith and get you really strong for whatever may come. If you do all these things, the television will seem like a waste of time and your priorities will be centered around Jesus.

Upvote 0

parsonsmom

Aug 14, 2011
✟8,318.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
i dont work. i dont go to church, but [bless and do not curse]i consider myself a penecostal. Lately ive been just [bless and do not curse]sleeping because i dont know what is ok to watch on the Tv . What programs does God approve of. There's this family game that i would like to watch,but [bless and do not curse]the host jokes around to much about sex (sometimes). The show is like a Family Feud, but in spanish. Im scared that if a watch tv God is going to come and im going to go to hell. i also fear that his going to come while im watching tv and im going to be left behind. [bless and do not curse] .Every moment im constanly thinkinig his coming and i get a severe anxiety. [bless and do not curse]I have a word search book , but its about movies and i dont know if i should do this wordsearch or the Bible one I have. What does God mean
stay away from the wordly stuff?[bless and do not curse]
Your answers are going to be greatly appreciated
Vanessa

God also has highly exalted Jesus and given Him the name which is above every name; that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow; of those in heaven; and of those on earth; and of those under the earth; and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Try TBN, Word channel; there are others, very uplifting. sleeping to much is the sign of depression. I use direct TV cable. if you have a computer; google these, I follow Kenneth Copeland a lot; I watch Fox news; but I select my times, I listen only to have information, Go to my Blogs on this forum. there is good help. we are responsible for what we speak and hear.
God also has highly exalted Jesus and given Him the name which is above every name; that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow; of those in heaven; and of those on earth; and of those under the earth; and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Why would you PURPOSELY make your posts harder to read?
The "bless" replacements show up with unfamiliar letter combinations. (Posts can be edited later.)

What does God mean stay away from the wordly stuff?
When we don't read our Bibles, we start condemning ourselves and sitting under our own judgment. We assume we are not loved.

When we stop going to church, a similar thing happens -- we feel we don't belong to the family of God.

When we listen to certain voices in media, we can get messages of condemnation, berating of women or men and nationalities, unhealthy comparisons of wealth and lack, expectations to appear a certain way, social approval to use substances, inflated mistrust over criminals... there are many things.

Media can also help give good messages and information, but it's always our choice whether to take in good or bad. What we feed into our brains becomes what we think about.

Upvote 0