Sep 6, 2004
My heart is in Hong Kong...
Visit site
✟11,148.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I don't know if there are any Scream fans here, but I thought I'd try this forum first before trying the Movies forum, since there are more people here.

Does anyone recall at the beginning of Scream 3, it shows Sydney answering calls under the name Laura and then someone (ghostface) actually calls in and torments her? What's with the whole Laura thing? Is this for a radio show or something? I checked Wikipedia and it gives no information about that scene.

Again, I don't know if Scream is a hit in this forum but I thought I might give it a try.

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think (if I remember correctly) she is doing anonymous counseling, like on a hotline. People call in who are depressed or need someone to talk to and counselours talk them through things. It's all anonymous even the counselours so people feel like they can talk openly about their problems.

Upvote 0

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I think (if I remember correctly) she is doing anonymous counseling, like on a hotline. People call in who are depressed or need someone to talk to and counselours talk them through things. It's all anonymous even the counselours so people feel like they can talk openly about their problems.

this.

Weirdly I just heard on the radio not too long ago that they're going to make a fourth Scream movie.

Upvote 0

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
you would have thought so. but hey their original audience were all in highschool when they started putting out those movies. Now they're all grown up, out of college, raising families and longing to relive the days of their long-lost youth. there's probably a penny or two still to be made off of this :p

Upvote 0

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well I think the original actors are supposed to be out of college now and enveloped in careers and the Sydney character is returning home to reconnect with anyone who isnt dead. Although you would think that her hometown would bring back too many memories of gore and that would be reason enough to stay away. I really liked the first Scream; it was interesting as slasher satire. But the rest were sort of silly even for the genre; I still watched them though :p. I don't have a lot of interest in the fourth one though. It's been done.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fremdin

Contributor
Jan 26, 2008
✟17,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well I think the original actors are supposed to be out of college now and enveloped in careers and the Sydney character is returning home to reconnect with anyone who isnt dead. Although you would think that her hometown would bring back too many memories of gore and that would be reason enough to stay away. I really liked the first Scream; it was interesting as slasher satire. But the rest were sort of silly even for the genre; I still watched them though :p. I don't have a lot of interest in the fourth one though. It's been done.

I liked the first and second one quite a bit, but I was the target demographic. I also had to go babysit after I saw the 2nd one, not a fun night and yet a really fun night

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Thunder Peel

You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.
Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
They should change up the formula this time:

A group of 40-somethings, taking a road trip to overcome their various mid-life crises, are suddenly taken aboard an alien ship and forced into a country music showdown against Kenny Chesney and his band of (possibly) gay cowboys. There should also be a subplot involving a talking spider who wears a top hat and a killer Al Gore robot.

Upvote 0

ahmunmun

聖戰武士
Sep 6, 2004
My heart is in Hong Kong...
Visit site
✟11,148.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Mina and Little Tigress, thank you for answering my original question!

Now, I love Scream 1 and 2. For Scream 1, it was interesting how the most obvious suspect in Sydney's eyes (her boyfriend) ended up being the killer. Normally it's the least expected one but I like how the writer made the killers the most obvious one AND the least expected one (Stu).

For Scream 2, I cheated and read the summary online before watching the film, but I've had mixed opinions about this. Some thought the killers were too obvious; some even forgot the killers existed in the movie and had no way of suspecting them. Still, I love Scream 2 almost as much as Scream 1.

I dislike Scream 3 because there was a big red herring when the killer faked his own death and Gale checked his pulse to confirm he was dead, but then he ended up being the killer? Also the voice changing device was just messed up.

I am looking forward to Scream 4. I just want to know what the ending is as I'm curious as to whether I would like it! But somehow I don't think it will turn out to be a big hit because as some of you guys have said, a decade is a long time to make a sequel and also, the first three Screams were written as though it would be a trilogy so it's almost like Scream 4 wasn't meant to be. Hence, I'm really curious as to the plot even if it might not be that good.

So please don't spoil the ending for me. I am not sure if anyone knows anything, but don't tell!

Upvote 0