Jah is my strength and song!
Jun 12, 2006
metro
✟18,764.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am very familiar with the prophetic ministry and believe that God has appointed some in the church to be prophets, apostles, evangelists pastors and teachers. I believe that some have the gift of prophecy. I believe that the Gifts of the Spirit are for today. That being said, I have a question/dilemma whatever you want to call it.

At my church, there is a lady who goes around praying for people, she always has a word for them. The first time she spoke a word at intercessory prayer, the person in charge said she was out of order (even though she spoke correctly) because the she spoke about something that the pastor was going to announce before he had the opportunity to speak about it.
After prayer, she ran over to me with her anointing oil and said "God told me to pray for you. I have a word for you" and grabbed my shoulders and proceeded to open her oil. I politely stopped her because I was taught that (1) you are supposed to introduce yourself to someone first, and (2) Ask if you can pray for them and (3) ask if you can lay hands on them. (3) If you are not a minister in the church, you might be out of order. I did not allow her to pray for me because something about her spirit bothered me. She would not look me in the eye for a long time after that. (I'm going somewhere with this and really want some input)
Last Sunday, I was sitting by myself and when she walked by i said "hi" to her, being friendly (big mistake) She came over to me and said "I have been talking to God about you" and she proceeded to tell me about some stuff from my past and so on...I was half listening because the stuff she was talking about has been long dealt with. It didn't need to be brought up. I just looked at her, no response. I really was sorry I spoke to her. I could have got up and walked away but did not want to be rude. So I said thank you, I receive that "(mistake #2).
Later at night, in my sleep, I got attacked in my spirit. It was like something was tearing at my spirit, I had a vision of words and an ark with a hole in it and it was like words were being pulled out of me but something was tearing at me. I could not see the words, they were small. I am a writer. I was breathing fast and it was like being in a tornado and all i could do was be still and let it pass. I was exhausted afterwards. I really feel it had something to do with this lady.
I do have a prayer life, maybe I need to pray more. But this woman bothers me in my spirit. She says she has been trained by some big-name prophets (she named them) but I have been around prophets and they don't bother me in my spirit. Even those who have "arrogant" personalities don't bother me spiritually. But this woman...I don't know if I should talk to the pastor or not.
At prayer, Pastor told everyone to be silent for 30 minutes and meditate on the Lord, read the Word, or journal. 15 minutes had not passed before this lady had to run to the pastor's office to talk to him. I thought silence was for everyone...
What should I do? Sorry this has been so long.
Thank you,
Bithia2

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I think you detect a wrong spirit at work, and feel you have opened a door a crack by cooperating with it out of a desire to be friendly. I would first confess the situation in prayer and renounce any cooperation with the spirit. Resolve to protect the boundaries of your temple better, and ask the Lord's help in the matter, which He surely wants to give.

If the woman tries for a reprise, as seems likely, be ready with some way to "say no to ungodliness". See 1Tim 5.22 and Tit 2.12. It may be good to go to the pastor and say there is someone who you have found upsetting. Whether you mention her by name may hinge on whether you have successfully put her off. Even if not, the pastor may encourage you that standing firm is not rude, but entirely necessary if you are uncomfortable in spirit.

Upvote 0

bithiah2

Jah is my strength and song!
Jun 12, 2006
metro
✟18,764.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
thank you. yes, i repented to God for agreeing with her, being "nice" was agreeing with the devil. i prayed against any open doors to anything not from the Lord. they have a saying in the church: "new levels, new devils" not meaning the devils are "new" but the ways in which the enemy comes at you is different than how he came in the past.
very helpful. i will speak with pastor on tomorrow.

Reactions: paul1149
Upvote 0
Dec 6, 2014
The land of Gitche Gumee, Land of Big Water.
✟8,173.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is this prophecy or clairvoyance? Speaking words or revelation from God is a part of prophecy. Speaking words spoken in private by humans but repeated by demons is clairvoyant.
Is she more Religious then everyone else?
Does she take correction?
Is she CONTROLLING?
Does she dominate conversations?
Pushy, controlling?
Ignores people?
Does she speak in confusion?
Does she criticize everyone? Insist on being the only one who is right? Does she tell you the secret problems of everyone else including and especially the pastor?
Does she hate, I mean hate, the intercessors and try to break up the group?
She might be a Jezebel or under the influence of a Jezebel Spirit. Try googling that on both the web and videos, and share the videos with others. Document, document, document her actions.

I hope this helps.

Upvote 0