Mar 13, 2014
Mobile, AL
Visit site
✟16,256.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If someone doubts their salvation, even though they are putting their faith in Christ, are they still saved?

Hmm...your question becomes, "Can someone doubt and believe at the same time?"

I am reminded of someone in the Bible.

Mark 9:24

24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

The faith of a mustard seed is all it takes. But thank God that He knows how to make our faith grow to never doubt again.

Upvote 0

ALoveDivine

Saved By Grace
Jun 25, 2010
Detroit, MI
✟11,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yep. The main reason for doubting your salvation is looking at yourself for assurance. Whenever you do this you will find none, unless you are deluded by self-righteousness. None of us are as holy as we should be, or as repentant, or as committed, or as faithful. We all fall short of who we should be in Christ, each in our own way.

I am certain of my salvation. Why? Because I look to Christ and I know he cannot fail. He died for my sins, he was buried, and he rose again on the third day (1 Corinthians 15:3-4). He took the wrath of God in my place for my sins, rose again, and credited his perfect righteousness to me (Isaiah 53). He said that he came to do the will of his father, which is that none of his people will be lost but all them will be raised at the last day (John 6:37-29). He said that none of his sheep will ever perish (John 10:27-28). I stand justified because of his righteousness, I stand forgiven because of his sacrifice (2 Corinthians 5:21). It is all about him, so I look to him for my assurance and NOT to myself.

Look to Christ and his finished work on the cross. Look to his perfect life and his perfect righteousness, his perfect sacrifice and his resurrection from the dead. Look to him alone for your assurance, and you will never be in lack of it.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
If someone doubts their salvation, even though they are putting their faith in Christ, are they still saved?

if they are putting their faith in Christ, then "No." If your not doubting Christ's "ability" to save you (and others), then you must be questioning "If" he will save you, right? And your probably wrestling with questions of worthiness, no doubt over some kind of sin, but I must remind you that we cannot "evaluate the basis" by which Christ's judges or chooses someone as "worthy"... He declares some people who seem to the world to be the least worthy of all to be his, so...

Put it this way, if you were absolutely 100% sure that you were saved, would you consider yourself "better" than someone else? Remember that Jesus told the Pharisees that the tax collectors and harlots (and some of the seemingly worse of the worst) were getting into the Kingdom of God before them... simply because they "believed" and had Faith, so as long as you still believe and have faith that God can save you, but you just wonder if he will, or you say to yourself about yourself, "Why should he?" then, your actually in the right place (right where God wants you to choose and use you, so don't give up hope...

In Jesus Name, God Bless!

Upvote 0