Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
How to Put on the Armor of God

Read: Ephesians 6: 11-13

Step One: Put on the full armor of God... so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers (the authorities), against the rulers (powers) of the darkness of this world, and against the spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore, take unto you the whole armor of God that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand." Ephesians 6:11-13

Principalities: Meaning chief or ruler. These principalities are ruling devil spirits possessing executive authority or governmental rule in the world.

Powers and Rulers of Darkness: Although the word "powers" is left unclear as to Paul's precise meaning in the verse, this expression is used elsewhere in scripture to infer the powers that be in authority. In keeping with the context of this verse, this would include all high-ranking, evil supernatural powers and the power of sin and evil in operation in the world.

Spiritual Wickedness: Means depravity and particularly in the sense of malice and mischief, plots, sins, and iniquity. Malice is defined as:

1. A desire to harm others or to see others suffer; extreme ill will or spite.

Since Satan is the prince of the power of the air, these wicked spirits, in high places, are often understood to be the collective organization of all of Satan's devil spirits. These malevolent spirits work evil and mischief and operate in our atmosphere. They operate as close to the very air we breathe, and reach to realms beyond. All kinds of spiritual filth are propagated, in these realms, for the purpose of humanity's deception and subsequent destruction. Prior to becoming a Christian we too walked according to the prince of the power of the air.

Step Two: The Belt (of Truth): "Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth" Ephesians 6:14. The belt of truth involves two places; our hearts and our minds. Truth keeps us secure in Christ and makes effective all the other pieces of armour. The belt of truth holds our amour in place. Commit yourself daily to walk in the light of God's truth. "Teach me thy way, O Lord, I will walk in thy truth!" Psalm 86:11

Step Three: The Breastplate (of Righteousness): "and having on the breastplate of righteousness," Ephesians 6:14 - A soldier with a breastplate goes into battle boldly with confidence. The devil is constantly attacking with lies, accusations, and reminders of past sin. Without the breastplate of righteousness, these will penetrate your heart. Become aware of who you are in Christ Jesus. Come boldly into His presence (Hebrews 4:16).

Step Four: The Shoes (of Peace & Preparation): "and your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace" Ephesians 6:15 - Shoes allow us to step freely and without fear while we turn our full attention to the battle at hand. They aid in our movement and defense. The shoes God gives propel us onward to proclaim the true peace, which is available in Christ. Prepare yourself to follow the Lord no matter what.

Step Five: The Shield (of Faith): "Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked." Ephesians 6:16 - The shield not only defends our whole body but also our armor. The shield of faith has a very specific function, which the Bible makes abundantly clear: quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. Not some but all of them. The shield moves with the attack no matter the direction.

Step Six: The Helmet (of Salvation): "Take the helmet of salvation." Ephesians 6:17 - Satan's target: Your mind. Satan's weapon: Lies. The enemy wants to make us doubt God and our salvation. The helmet protects our minds from doubting the truth of God's saving work for us. "But let us who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for a helmet the Hope of Salvation" 1 Thessalonians 5:8

Step Seven: The Sword (of The Spirit): and the "sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God." Ephesians 6:17 - The sword of the Spirit is the only weapon of offense in the armor, but the Word/Bible is also a tool for defense. Strongholds, arguments, and thoughts are all weapons the enemy uses against us. With the Sword of the Spirit, God's word, the people are equipped to deal with them all. We need to trust in the truth of God's Word. Have confidence in the value of God's word. Get a hunger and desire for it.

Step Eight: Prayer and Supplication: "Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit. Watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints." Ephesians 6:18

Ask, then; ask, and ye shall receive. Ask for humility, wisdom, courage, increase of faith. To every sincere prayer an answer will come. It may not come just as you desire, or at the time you look for it; but it will come in the way and at the time that will best meet your need. The prayers you offer in loneliness, in weariness, in trial, God answers, not always according to your expectations, but always for your good. [259] {GW 258.3}

Quote from Pastor Henriques:

Supplication means to make a request, it means to beg. The root of the word supplication means to supply. That means, pray, supplication, you are pleading with God, praying earnestly, and you believe the request will be supplied. That’s supplication.

If I pray and doubt, I am not supplicating. I lack the 8th part of the armor. And any part of the armor that’s missing, where do you think Satan is going to throw his fiery darts?

Supplication, you make your request, you plead with God, but you believe in your mind the request will be granted, will be supplied. But when will it be granted? In His time when we need it the most.

The darkness of the evil one encloses those who neglect to pray. The whispered temptations of the enemy entice them to sin; and it is all because they do not make use of the privileges that God has given them in the divine appointment of prayer. Why should the sons and daughters of God be reluctant to pray, when prayer is the key in the hand of faith to unlock heaven's storehouse, where are treasured the boundless resources of Omnipotence? Without unceasing prayer and diligent watching we are in danger of growing careless and of deviating from the right path. The adversary seeks continually to obstruct the way to the mercy seat, that we may not by earnest supplication and faith obtain grace and power to resist temptation. {SC 94.2}

Reactions: Swan7

alexier

Stand Firm In Faith
Site Supporter
Sep 15, 2007
North Wales
✟121,233.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Engaged
I start the day with the Armor of God - it kind of equips me and reminds me of my calling and the calling of all Christians esp the bit about being an ambassador
I never really thought about it as a good prayer until my Spiritual Director spoke to me about it but its a very powerful prayer and does make a difference knowing I'm ready for what the day is going to throw at me.

Upvote 0