Gastonia N.C. (Piedmont of N.C.)
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In a debate in the Fundamentalist area, I have been researching "Textual Criticism".

In it, it has brought up some deep thoughts, as well as questions.

Notably, the Comma Johanneum.

I recently read an article "Erasmus and the Comma Johanneum" by H.J. de Jonge.

In this article, he brings up the dispute between Edward Lee and Eramus.

Lee was adament that it should be included. Saying that without it, it opened the door to an old heresy Arianism.

Arianism is the nontrinitarian, theological teaching attributed to Arius (c. AD 250–336), a Christian presbyter in Alexandria, Egypt, concerning the relationship of God the Father to the Son of God, Jesus Christ. Arius asserted that the Son of God was a subordinate entity to God the Father.

last year, I was in a discussion with a co-worker about the trinity. This co-worker was a Jehovah's Witness. Saying Jesus can't be God because Jesus always refered to God as Father.

I will not get into the details of our discussion, I just rather asked a question to which they never responded to.

While reading and stuying on Textual Criticism, the article on the Comma Johanneum came up. That is where I read about Lee's accusation about opening the door for Arianism.

This just hit me, Jehovah's Witnesses are modern day Arians.

Correct or incorrect?

God Bless

Till all are one.

twob4me

Shark bait hoo ha ha
Supporter
Jun 28, 2003
Here :)
✟215,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
~~~~~~~~~~~~MOD HAT ON!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay this thread has gone through a clean up. STOP with the Flaming!! Do NOT call out another member on the board that is a rule violation. It's considered Flaming/Goading. If you feel a post is in violation report it and do NOT reply to it. Replying in kind is also a rule violation:

● If you are flamed, do not respond in-kind. Alert staff to the situation by utilizing the report button.

That means report the post, do not reply to it and allow staff to handle it. If this continues the thread can and will be closed permanently and those involved may find themselves with staff actions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~MOD HAT OFF!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

γέγονα χαλκὸς, κύμβαλον ἀλαλάζον
Jul 19, 2005
Gastonia N.C. (Piedmont of N.C.)
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
~~~~~~~~~~~~MOD HAT ON!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay this thread has gone through a clean up. STOP with the Flaming!! Do NOT call out another member on the board that is a rule violation. It's considered Flaming/Goading. If you feel a post is in violation report it and do NOT reply to it. Replying in kind is also a rule violation:

That means report the post, do not reply to it and allow staff to handle it. If this continues the thread can and will be closed permanently and those involved may find themselves with staff actions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~MOD HAT OFF!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You may close this.

Before any more accusations are thrown.

Before I do or post something absentmindly, unintentionally, I'd rather avoid what I know is forthcoming.

So please close this, and you may even delete it.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0