• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

ptsd traumatic experiences?

kenneth nathan

Jan 3, 2016
canada
✟8,107.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
recently, i been having these episodes when i sleep, where i wake up, sort of subconsciously. My family life is danger. I feel like intruder have invaded my home and they are attacking my family. In subconscious state, i check on them. I check downstairs. I check out the window. Before i know it, im like why the hell did i do that, the following morning. I cant think of any traumatic experience, except i learnt about my friends death one and half year ago. Also a student in my school has passed away two years ago, and i dont quite know him, except i have seen him couple off times in the school corridor. I dont know if it has anything do with this. My sleep is messed up. Wake up in the middle of night, and unable to sleep as much afterwards. I can easily go to sleep, all of sudden i become highly alert after i wake up in the middle of night, in subconsicous state, cause i feel embrassed afterwards, cause there is nothing to be afraid of. I dont know whats wrong with me, if anyone had similar experiences.

NicoleWilliams

Sep 14, 2016
Colorado
✟7,838.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi, Kenneth. I am so sorry to hear what you’re going through, I know how disturbing this must be for you. I wish I had some information to share, but the best thing I can do for you is to pray for you. May the Lord draw you closer to Himself and surround you with His perfect love and presence. I hope you will feel better soon. Peace be with you!

• Agree
Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0