Apr 28, 2010
usa
✟7,742.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Psalm 91:1
He that dwelleth in the Secret place of the MOST HIGH shall abide under the shadow of the ALIMIGHTY (KJV)
Recently, I have begun seeking the LORD regarding the Secret place and what exactly is that. Most would say it is being in HIS presence. I can think yes this is a Secret place but I don’t feel it is the same place as what this scripture is talking about.
Why do I say that? Well for one “he that dwelleth in the Secret Place” Dwelleth in Hebrew here is the word yashab meaning to sit down (specifically as judge. in ambush, in quiet); by implication, to dwell, to remain; causatively, to settle, to marry:--(make to) abide(-ing), continue, (cause to, make to) dwell(-ing), ease self, endure, establish, X fail, habitation, haunt, (make to) inhabit(-ant), make to keep (house), lurking, X marry(-ing), (bring again to) place, remain, return, seat, set(- tle), (down-)sit(-down, still, -ting down, -ting (place) -uate), take, tarry.
In Websters Dictionary Dwell: Abide, remain, reside, exist, to keep attention directed ….
I don’t know for you but for me I am not in HIS presence 24/7 .
I believe there is more to this and HOLY SPIRIT has given me more regarding this but I am interested in hearing your input on this and what Our LORD has shown you regarding the Secret Place.

Shepherd1

In Service To The Lord
Oct 20, 2009
Australia
Visit site
✟19,138.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Psalm 91:1
He that dwelleth in the Secret place of the MOST HIGH shall abide under the shadow of the ALIMIGHTY (KJV)
Recently, I have begun seeking the LORD regarding the Secret place and what exactly is that. Most would say it is being in HIS presence. I can think yes this is a Secret place but I don’t feel it is the same place as what this scripture is talking about.
Why do I say that? Well for one “he that dwelleth in the Secret Place” Dwelleth in Hebrew here is the word yashab meaning to sit down (specifically as judge. in ambush, in quiet); by implication, to dwell, to remain; causatively, to settle, to marry:--(make to) abide(-ing), continue, (cause to, make to) dwell(-ing), ease self, endure, establish, X fail, habitation, haunt, (make to) inhabit(-ant), make to keep (house), lurking, X marry(-ing), (bring again to) place, remain, return, seat, set(- tle), (down-)sit(-down, still, -ting down, -ting (place) -uate), take, tarry.
In Websters Dictionary Dwell: Abide, remain, reside, exist, to keep attention directed ….
I don’t know for you but for me I am not in HIS presence 24/7 .
I believe there is more to this and HOLY SPIRIT has given me more regarding this but I am interested in hearing your input on this and what Our LORD has shown you regarding the Secret Place.

Hello - great post by the way! I am going to enjoy reading all about your recent inspirations from the Holy Spirit. God bless you for that! :)

Psalm 91
Safety of Abiding in the Presence of God

1 He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in Him I will trust.”

3 Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler[a]
And from the perilous pestilence.
4 He shall cover you with His feathers,
And under His wings you shall take refuge;
His truth shall be your shield and buckler.
5 You shall not be afraid of the terror by night,
Nor of the arrow that flies by day,
6 Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness,
Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.

7 A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand;
But it shall not come near you.
8 Only with your eyes shall you look,
And see the reward of the wicked.

9 Because you have made the LORD, who is my refuge,
Even the Most High, your dwelling place,
10 No evil shall befall you,
Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling;
11 For He shall give His angels charge over you,
To keep you in all your ways.
12 In their hands they shall bear you up,
Lest you dash your foot against a stone.
13 You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra,
The young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot.

14 “Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him;
I will set him on high, because he has known My name.
15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him,
And show him My salvation.”

What I have been shown so far in my walk, is that the secret place is one of forgiveness of our sins. This sets us free from much of the bondages both personally and on a more corporate level within the Body of Christ.

It's a place of worship and prayer, and of spending time with our Lord and getting to know Him on a more intimate level. The more we spend time with Him, the more we discover who He is, and what He is offering us. It's not just about Salvation, but of living here and experiencing 'heaven on earth' while we are here.

It's a place of protection from the many things that come up against us by way of the enemy, and even simply because we live here in this broken world. This is a very special place - a place like none other! It's a place where we can come to Him with our requests and He will honour them according to His perfect will for us. He will see to it that not only our needs be met, but we will come to know and understand the many wonderful benefits of living in God's Kingdom. Here we will find rest, safety, protection, guidance, love, mercy, peace and health, to name but a few, and we will come to experience the abundant life that is promised to us as children of the Most High - and it's all because of Jesus! :bow::bow::bow:

I would love to hear (read lol) what you have been shown! Glory and praise be to God Amen!

Upvote 0

Shepherd1

In Service To The Lord
Oct 20, 2009
Australia
Visit site
✟19,138.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I believe the Holy Spirit also filled my heart with these words recently, as follows - hope you enjoy! :)

He that dwelleth in the house of the Lord shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty and be covered by the feathers of His wings. He shall not forsake you but honour He shall give, and He that undertaketh to please our Lord God Almighty, shall receive all manner of blessings upon them. So take up thy shield and put your faith in the one who gives you love unconditional and you will find a highway to life and a road to eternal bliss....Glory to the Lord. Amen.

Upvote 0

irenemcg

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2004
Caught up in the Heavenlies
Visit site
✟24,981.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
PSALM 91

I will dwell in the secret place with you Lord,
Abiding under the shadow and protection of my God,
I declare that you are my refuge and my fortress,
For you are indeed the God in whom I place my trust,
And Lord you will deliver me from disease and pestilence,
From the snare of the fowler you will rescue me as the just.

As a bird protects her young under her wings you will protect me,
I will find refuge in you for you are my armour and protection,
And I will not fear anything that might come against me,
During the night hour though others at either side start falling,
By your grace I will stand strong keeping my gaze fixed upon you,
For you dear Lord are my dwelling place and my refuge too.

No harm shall come my way for you are protecting my home,
I am so thankful that you have sent even your angels for my protection,
The angels will help prevent me from stumbling on my path and falling.
They are sent by you Lord to help keep me walking right into my calling,
With your Spirit’s help I will trample upon all that would try to devour,
Empowered by your Spirit I will trample upon demons during this hour.

I know with a surety that you love me and that you have saved me,
You have a plan and purpose for me and you will lead me into my destiny,
You have heard all of my prayers and have answered them all,
No matter what life throws my way I can walk into your rest,
For you have promised me life in all it’s fullness life at best,
A long fulfilled life you have promised, so I give you my all.

Irene McGough 2008

Upvote 0

Teclils

Apr 28, 2010
usa
✟7,742.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He is in me and I am in Him, 24/7. This is whether we recognize or acknowledge His presence or not.

Blessings

yes this is true but my search was for something deeper...the WORD says we are protected right? then why do accidents happen? this is why I began my search ...I am missing something..

Upvote 0

Teclils

Apr 28, 2010
usa
✟7,742.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
PSALM 91

I will dwell in the secret place with you Lord,
Abiding under the shadow and protection of my God,
I declare that you are my refuge and my fortress,
For you are indeed the God in whom I place my trust,
And Lord you will deliver me from disease and pestilence,
From the snare of the fowler you will rescue me as the just.

As a bird protects her young under her wings you will protect me,
I will find refuge in you for you are my armour and protection,
And I will not fear anything that might come against me,
During the night hour though others at either side start falling,
By your grace I will stand strong keeping my gaze fixed upon you,
For you dear Lord are my dwelling place and my refuge too.

No harm shall come my way for you are protecting my home,
I am so thankful that you have sent even your angels for my protection,
The angels will help prevent me from stumbling on my path and falling.
They are sent by you Lord to help keep me walking right into my calling,
With your Spirit’s help I will trample upon all that would try to devour,
Empowered by your Spirit I will trample upon demons during this hour.

I know with a surety that you love me and that you have saved me,
You have a plan and purpose for me and you will lead me into my destiny,
You have heard all of my prayers and have answered them all,
No matter what life throws my way I can walk into your rest,
For you have promised me life in all it’s fullness life at best,
A long fulfilled life you have promised, so I give you my all.

Irene McGough 2008

This is what I am talking about ...!!!! making it personal I really like this..

Upvote 0

Teclils

Apr 28, 2010
usa
✟7,742.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe the Holy Spirit also filled my heart with these words recently, as follows - hope you enjoy! :)

He that dwelleth in the house of the Lord shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty and be covered by the feathers of His wings. He shall not forsake you but honour He shall give, and He that undertaketh to please our Lord God Almighty, shall receive all manner of blessings upon them. So take up thy shield and put your faith in the one who gives you love unconditional and you will find a highway to life and a road to eternal bliss....Glory to the Lord. Amen.

Yes I really like this too...You know it comes from HOLY SPIRIT when it just touches your heart...

Upvote 0

Teclils

Apr 28, 2010
usa
✟7,742.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What I have been shown so far in my walk, is that the secret place is one of forgiveness of our sins. This sets us free from much of the bondages both personally and on a more corporate level within the Body of Christ.

It's a place of worship and prayer, and of spending time with our Lord and getting to know Him on a more intimate level. The more we spend time with Him, the more we discover who He is, and what He is offering us. It's not just about Salvation, but of living here and experiencing 'heaven on earth' while we are here.

It's a place of protection from the many things that come up against us by way of the enemy, and even simply because we live here in this broken world. This is a very special place - a place like none other! It's a place where we can come to Him with our requests and He will honour them according to His perfect will for us. He will see to it that not only our needs be met, but we will come to know and understand the many wonderful benefits of living in God's Kingdom. Here we will find rest, safety, protection, guidance, love, mercy, peace and health, to name but a few, and we will come to experience the abundant life that is promised to us as children of the Most High - and it's all because of Jesus! :bow::bow::bow:

I would love to hear (read lol) what you have been shown! Glory and praise be to God Amen!

you made a VERY important statement here "This sets us free from much of the bondages both personally and on a more corporate level within the Body of Christ."

That is the Key "breaking of bondage" This is what keeps us from rising higher and higher in HIM...This is what HOLY SPIRIT has shown me. Closing those doors and keeping them closed.

You are on Track my friend!

I will keep you posted as HOLY SPIRIT shares with me...I do know this In America we REALLY do not have the full Revelation of HIS Love...when we do, and we will, the adversary will NOT be able to hinder HIS Church any longer!

Upvote 0

Shepherd1

In Service To The Lord
Oct 20, 2009
Australia
Visit site
✟19,138.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
you made a VERY important statement here "This sets us free from much of the bondages both personally and on a more corporate level within the Body of Christ."

That is the Key "breaking of bondage" This is what keeps us from rising higher and higher in HIM...This is what HOLY SPIRIT has shown me. Closing those doors and keeping them closed.

You are on Track my friend!

I will keep you posted as HOLY SPIRIT shares with me...I do know this In America we REALLY do not have the full Revelation of HIS Love...when we do, and we will, the adversary will NOT be able to hinder HIS Church any longer!

:clap::clap::clap:Yes, please do share with us what you've been shown. We're all about setting the captives free, and helping our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ to escape the traps that the enemy sets for us. We are overcomers in the Lord! Hallelujah!

I do believe we are about to be shown something new here. The other night, I believe the Lord showed me in a vision the word 'dwelleth' twice, appearing in some text on a page. Then I received those words that I made mention of above that the Holy Spirit put in my heart. I am waiting for the rest of the story to unfold LOL, because from my experience, that's what quite often happens when we are shown things in the spirit. We don't always get the whole answer straight away - it needs to be shown to us in stages so that we can grasp the enormity of it LOL! Praise God! :clap:

Oh yes, I nearly forgot - I was led to the following lines in scripture the other day too:

Psalm 91 Safety of Abiding in the Presence of God

9 Because you have made the LORD, who is my refuge,
Even the Most High, your dwelling place,
10 No evil shall befall you,
Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling;

and

Psalm 23 A Psalm of David.

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the LORD
Forever.

It says that if we make the Most High our 'dwelling place', then no evil shal befall us or come near our 'dwelling'. I am being shown now that when we 'dwell' in Him, then no evil or plague etc can come near that 'dwelling' - not only meaning our home where we reside, but also our 'dwelling' in the Lord. So, in other words, nothing can harm us when we are actively 'dwelling' with the Lord. (I hope I have explained that properly LOL.)

The other verse in Psalm 23 says that we will 'dwell' in the house of the LORD, which again means to dwell with Him in His house - in His ways - and in His Kingdom, under His instruction and guidance.

I believe I am also being shown now the following scripture:

Proverbs 3:5-6 (New King James Version)

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.

When we trust fully in the Lord, having the faith that all is being taken care of, (because His thoughts and ways are higher than ours), and when we 'acknowledge' Him in everything we do, that is actively 'dwelling' with Him in His house. Then He shall direct ALL of our paths - not just some, but ALL of them hallelujah - and then we are in that secret place in Him where we cannot be harmed by the evil one. Amen! :clap::clap::clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shepherd1

In Service To The Lord
Oct 20, 2009
Australia
Visit site
✟19,138.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I've just been reminded of these scriptures:

1 Corinthians 3:16 (New King James Version)

16 Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?

2 Corinthians 6:16 (New King James Version)

16 And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said:

“ I will dwell in them
And walk among them.
I will be their God,
And they shall be My people.”

and

2 Corinthians 3:16-18 (New King James Version)

16 Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.
17 Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
18 But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.

How wonderful that He lives and dwells in us and where He is, there is liberty. LIBERTY = FREEDOM FROM CAPTIVITY AND ALL BONDAGES!! Hallelujah to the King! :bow::bow::bow:

Upvote 0

Wells Marsh

Apr 21, 2010
Georgia
✟8,342.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
yes this is true but my search was for something deeper...the WORD says we are protected right? then why do accidents happen? this is why I began my search ...I am missing something..

When my husband received military orders to go to Doha, Qatar for two years, 2003-2004, I personalized Psalm 91 for both of us. We continue to stand on Psalm 91.

Psalm 91 – Personalized for Confession (Amplified Version)

As I dwell in the secret place of the Most High, I remain stable and fixed under the shadow of the Almighty, whose power no foe can withstand. I say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, on Him I lean and rely, and in Him I confidently trust.” Because of this, He delivers me from the snare of the fowler, and from the deadly pestilence. And He covers me with His pinions, and under His wings I trust and find refuge; His truth and His faithfulness are my shield and buckler. I am not afraid of the terror by night, nor of the arrows (evil plots and slanders of the wicked) that fly by day, nor of the pestilence that stalks in darkness, nor of the destruction and sudden death that surprise and lay waste at noonday. A thousand may fall at my side, and ten thousand at my right hand; but it will not come near me. I am only a spectator, inaccessible in the secret place of the Most High, as I witness the reward of the wicked. Because I have made the LORD my refuge, and the Most High my dwelling place, no evil will befall me, nor will any plague or calamity come near my dwelling place; For He gives His angels especial charge over me, to accompany and defend and preserve me in all my ways of obedience and service. In their hands they bear me up, lest I dash my foot against a stone. I tread upon the lion and the cobra, the young lion and the serpent I trample underfoot. Because I have set my love upon Him, He delivers me; He sets me on high, because I know and understand His Name—I have a personal knowledge of His mercy, love, and kindness—I trust and rely on Him, knowing He will never forsake me, no never. I call upon Him, and He answers me; He is with me in trouble; He delivers me and honors me. He will satisfy me with long life, and show me His salvation.

After 9-11, there were many testimonies of people who were supposed to have been in the twin towers and for one reason or another were not. I believe that it was God’s will that nobody perish. I believe He did His best to warn everyone. Evidently, God was only able to protect those willing to be dissuaded from their normal routine.

One day, when my husband was driving home from work (45 min. commute) the Lord saved him from being crushed in a pile up. Two lanes of an interstate were curving to the left and would then merge with two other lanes, before merging with another four lanes. A Semi was directly in front of him, a large truck was directly behind him, and he was driving a small truck. The lane to his right was full of trucks. The traffic had slowed just a bit when he heard the Lord say “pull over and stop!” He did not hesitate, but immediately pulled to the left onto a small patch of dirt and stopped. Then, he saw smoke as the Semi that had been in front of him tried to stop. The truck that had been behind him had slammed on his brakes but only missed the Semi by inches. That driver waved his thanks to my husband. I guess he thought my husband had seen something and was quick to react. Had my husband not been instantly obedient to the prompting of the Lord, he would have been crushed.

We practice being led by the Holy Spirit in everything we do. We trust in Him to continually order our steps and direct our paths. We stay in His bubble of protection. We follow His peace and if we get a check in our spirits, we stop and wait for His guidance.

Blessings

Upvote 0

Shepherd1

In Service To The Lord
Oct 20, 2009
Australia
Visit site
✟19,138.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
When my husband received military orders to go to Doha, Qatar for two years, 2003-2004, I personalized Psalm 91 for both of us. We continue to stand on Psalm 91.

Psalm 91 – Personalized for Confession (Amplified Version)

As I dwell in the secret place of the Most High, I remain stable and fixed under the shadow of the Almighty, whose power no foe can withstand. I say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, on Him I lean and rely, and in Him I confidently trust.” Because of this, He delivers me from the snare of the fowler, and from the deadly pestilence. And He covers me with His pinions, and under His wings I trust and find refuge; His truth and His faithfulness are my shield and buckler. I am not afraid of the terror by night, nor of the arrows (evil plots and slanders of the wicked) that fly by day, nor of the pestilence that stalks in darkness, nor of the destruction and sudden death that surprise and lay waste at noonday. A thousand may fall at my side, and ten thousand at my right hand; but it will not come near me. I am only a spectator, inaccessible in the secret place of the Most High, as I witness the reward of the wicked. Because I have made the LORD my refuge, and the Most High my dwelling place, no evil will befall me, nor will any plague or calamity come near my dwelling place; For He gives His angels especial charge over me, to accompany and defend and preserve me in all my ways of obedience and service. In their hands they bear me up, lest I dash my foot against a stone. I tread upon the lion and the cobra, the young lion and the serpent I trample underfoot. Because I have set my love upon Him, He delivers me; He sets me on high, because I know and understand His Name—I have a personal knowledge of His mercy, love, and kindness—I trust and rely on Him, knowing He will never forsake me, no never. I call upon Him, and He answers me; He is with me in trouble; He delivers me and honors me. He will satisfy me with long life, and show me His salvation.

After 9-11, there were many testimonies of people who were supposed to have been in the twin towers and for one reason or another were not. I believe that it was God’s will that nobody perish. I believe He did His best to warn everyone. Evidently, God was only able to protect those willing to be dissuaded from their normal routine.

One day, when my husband was driving home from work (45 min. commute) the Lord saved him from being crushed in a pile up. Two lanes of an interstate were curving to the left and would then merge with two other lanes, before merging with another four lanes. A Semi was directly in front of him, a large truck was directly behind him, and he was driving a small truck. The lane to his right was full of trucks. The traffic had slowed just a bit when he heard the Lord say “pull over and stop!” He did not hesitate, but immediately pulled to the left onto a small patch of dirt and stopped. Then, he saw smoke as the Semi that had been in front of him tried to stop. The truck that had been behind him had slammed on his brakes but only missed the Semi by inches. That driver waved his thanks to my husband. I guess he thought my husband had seen something and was quick to react. Had my husband not been instantly obedient to the prompting of the Lord, he would have been crushed.

We practice being led by the Holy Spirit in everything we do. We trust in Him to continually order our steps and direct our paths. We stay in His bubble of protection. We follow His peace and if we get a check in our spirits, we stop and wait for His guidance.

Blessings

That's a wonderful testimony. I believe many people are being led to personalise Psalm 91 - it is His way of protecting us from the many attacks that are coming from the enemy in these days. God bless you for sharing this. :)

LOL I was about to press submit reply, and I felt prompted to say this. When we follow the promptings of the Holy Spirit, we are in affect, residing in that secret place with the Lord. He is our ever present help in times of trouble. :clap::clap::clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Shepherd1

In Service To The Lord
Oct 20, 2009
Australia
Visit site
✟19,138.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
More scripture referring to the secret place: :)

Psalm 27:5 "For in the time of trouble
He shall hide me in His pavilion;
In the secret place of His tabernacle
He shall hide me;
He shall set me high upon a rock."

Matthew 6:6 "But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly."

Psalm 31:20 "You shall hide them in the secret place of Your presence
From the plots of man;
You shall keep them secretly in a pavilion
From the strife of tongues."

Psalm 32:7 "You are my hiding place;
You shall preserve me from trouble;
You shall surround me with songs of deliverance."

Psalm 17:8 "Keep me as the apple of Your eye;
Hide me under the shadow of Your wings,"

Isaiah 25:4 "For You have been a strength to the poor,
A strength to the needy in his distress,
A refuge from the storm,
A shade from the heat;
For the blast of the terrible ones is as a storm against the wall.

Isiah 32:1-2 "Behold, a king will reign in righteousness,
And princes will rule with justice.
A man will be as a hiding place from the wind,
And a cover from the tempest,
As rivers of water in a dry place,
As the shadow of a great rock in a weary land."

Upvote 0