Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Creepy doesn't even begin to describe that video. My goodness..... At any rate I don't watch TV at all so I never even knew about "Little Miss Perfect" and "Toddlers and Tiaras" so I had to look it up. I'm speechless.
I don't watch it much either, but I rather like watching NCIS [tho not the Los Angeles version]..the actors are great!..:)

Upvote 0

Washington

Jul 3, 2003
Washington state
✟7,305.00
Faith
Agnostic
My, aren't you clever. Before I waste any more of my time with you, is this really the best I can expect from you? Or do you want to discuss this like grownups?
Hey, you're the one who ducked my honest question "What things?" with the evasive "The things I've been mentioning in my posts." And now you continue your stall, but I understand where you're coming from. My apologies for putting you on the spot in front of everyone.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lawtonfogle

My solace my terror, my terror my solace.
Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian
And, again, no it is not. An appeal to authority would be something along the lines of "So and so says it's true, so it must be true".
You doing an appeal to the authority of those who have theoretically taken a psych class and thus agree with you. I agree this isn't just appeal to authority.
Strawman #1. We're not talking about views.

Real Strawman #1. Taking a word I used in the general sense and artificially constructing it to a less general sense. Perhaps you can fault me on not using correct terminology, but that does not a strawman make.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

silence_dogood

Apr 26, 2010
✟2,144.00
Faith
Calvinist
Hey, you're the one who ducked my honest question "What things?"

No, I did not duck your question at all. I merely pointed out that I have stated the problems I see in virtually every one of my previous posts.

What's more, I know that you know what I was referring to because you responded to them in previous posts.

My apologies for putting you on the spot in front of everyone.

No, such childishness on your part doesn't put me on the spot in any way. It just shows everyone what you're really all about.

So, like I said, is this really the best we can expect from you or would you like to try to have a conversation like a real grownup?

Upvote 0

silence_dogood

Apr 26, 2010
✟2,144.00
Faith
Calvinist
You doing an appeal to the authority of those who have theoretically taken a psych class and thus agree with you. I agree this isn't just appeal to authority.

Actually, that isn't even close to what I said. I never said it was true because people in psych classes agree with me or anything like that.

Real Strawman #1. Taking a word I used in the general sense and artificially constructing it to a less general sense. Perhaps you can fault me on not using correct terminology, but that does not a strawman make.

Yes, for you to claim that we're talking about views and not the impact early influences have on behavior is still a straw man.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
No, I did not duck your question at all. I merely pointed out that I have stated the problems I see in virtually every one of my previous posts.

What's more, I know that you know what I was referring to because you responded to them in previous posts.

No, such childishness on your part doesn't put me on the spot in any way. It just shows everyone what you're really all about.

So, like I said, is this really the best we can expect from you or would you like to try to have a conversation like a real grownup?

indeed.

Upvote 0

Phylogeny

Veteran
Dec 28, 2004
✟2,426.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, those girls are talented, but parents probably should have chosen a less provocative number.

/derail
I love Torchwood! Gay scifi heroes are few and far between, so glad at least the BBC has the talents to put together a decent scifi show with a great lead!

And NCIS is pretty good, but I only take procedural shows in small doses. Miss JAG tho', hotter men in hot uniform.

Upvote 0

lawtonfogle

Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian
Actually, that isn't even close to what I said. I never said it was true because people in psych classes agree with me or anything like that.
You stated if I had taken a psych class on the subject, I would have been agreeing with you.
Yes, for you to claim that we're talking about views and not the impact early influences have on behavior is still a straw man.

By views I was referring to the mental cognition adults have concerning behaviors they find right or wrong.

Only in extreme cases, such as feral children or extreme neglect, can the treatment of a child result in mental functioning unsuitable for changing itself.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

silence_dogood

Apr 26, 2010
✟2,144.00
Faith
Calvinist
lawtonfogle said:
You stated if I had taken a psych class on the subject, I would have been agreeing with you.

Again, I never said anything at all like that.

Only in extreme cases, such as feral children or extreme neglect, can the treatment of a child result in mental functioning unsuitable for changing itself.

But we're not talking about mental functioning changing itself. We're talking about early childhood influences setting the table for behavior later on in life.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lawtonfogle

Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian
Again, I never said anything at all like that.
Did you say that since I have taken a psych class I should thus be in agreement with you, or did I just imagine that?
But we're not talking about mental functioning changing itself. We're talking about early childhood influences setting the table for behavior later on in life.

Unless you take a purely behavioral viewpoint, mental functioning is important in behaviors later on, enough so that early childhood influence is not given dominance over later behavior. Now, if you want to take a very deterministic point of view, one could say all mental functioning and behavior is a consequence of genetics and environment, but then you have the monstrous task of showing how an experience as this dancing would lead to a given behavior (especially considering any number of difference in genetics or other environmental factors can lead to a completely unrelated behavior).

Upvote 0

silence_dogood

Apr 26, 2010
✟2,144.00
Faith
Calvinist
Did you say that since I have taken a psych class I should thus be in agreement with you, or did I just imagine that?

Again, I never said that if you had taken a child psych class that you would agree with me. Again, you're just making things up and I'm not going to waste my time with you as long as you're going to resort to these silly and childish tactics.

Goodbye.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hmmm seems morality in this country is becoming extinct way of the dinosaurs.
It didn't become immoral until the Roman Catholic, Christopher Columbus, discovered America :)

Upvote 0

lawtonfogle

Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian
Again, I never said that if you had taken a child psych class that you would agree with me. Again, you're just making things up and I'm not going to waste my time with you as long as you're going to resort to these silly and childish tactics.

Goodbye.

Weird how I must have dreamed this up and somehow was able to cause it to actually exist then.
Good. Then you already know that what you're saying is nonsense.

YES, I got psychic powers.:clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums