Protection for my friend's faith

dbot

Jul 15, 2005
✟770.00
Faith
Christian
I want to preface this by saying that I might just be barking at ghosts, and selling my friend short, but it really doesn't matter.

I have a friend who goes to college with me. She is indeed a christian, and a strong one it seems. I say it seems because I've only known her for a little over a year, and we've only talked about our respective faiths once, although she had framed prayers and a few other christian materials around her dorm room, and she gives money to the church whenever she goes. But indeed, her faith has, in a few ways, inspired my own.

Well this year, shes moving in with two people, whom I dont know. The only thing that I really do know about them is that they enjoy drinking and the bar scene. And I am not condemning either alcohol, nor its respective establishments. (Hell when theres a reason to celebrate, I'm usually one of the first to suggest we do it with drink.) However, I am saying that it seems these people (again, from what very little that I know) enjoy drinking on the usual college student level, which can be quite a whole lot.

Anyway, my point is, that I would ask anyone who reads this to pray that her faith isnt affected in a negative way at all. And also, (and this is mainly my prayer, but if any would share it I would be appreciative), that if she does stumble, that God uses me to help her. Not because I want to be some kind of hero, but because I care about this girl a great deal, and I have nothing but respect for her. And God has, in recent months, been pushing me and my faith seems to have multiplied from what it was a year ago. Or at least my confidence in it has. So part of me thinks that perhaps it's all leading up to a confrontation for this girl's heart, which I am as sure as I am that it is raining outside right now (and it is), that God doesnt wan't to lose. In fact, I kind of think that God holds this girl in a special place, to be honest. But I cant explain why I think that.

To sum up, pray that my friend doesn't stumble, and if indeed that she does, that God might use me to help her. Because the worst thing in the world would be to see a girl this incredible turned into just another college lush.

Thank you friends, and any who pray for me, I will pray for you.

PearlsofWisdom

Let Your Glory Come!
Oct 22, 2006
Pahrump, Nevada
✟148,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Lord Jesus, please help this girl not give into temptation but rather, walk away from it, make her strong and help her to be an overcomer, draw her to Yourself and make her a new creature in Christ Jesus, Amen.

Upvote 0