✟137,834.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
we went to a pg church in the early days...its xtremely damaging

when we left there..our new pastor said something ill never forget..and makes SENSE...
if u can't preach the same message in a 3rd world country then something is wrong with the message

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RedTulipMom

Legend
Apr 18, 2004
illinois
✟137,834.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
interesting thought halcy
looking back..when we were involved for a year..we were immature young christians who didnt understand the REAL gospel yet..and part of it was getting the ears tickled..hearing what you want to hear..

i remember a sermon "Dont just pray for a CAR, pray for a Red Ferrarri with leather seats" that sermon kinda turned my stomach..it was the beginning of the end for us..

Upvote 0

PujolsNonRoidHomerHitter

He's not a man! He's a machine!
Feb 8, 2008
Missouri
Visit site
✟23,090.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Like I've said many times, I don't buy everything he's selling. But I do think there is legitimate truths he shares that are good, healthy, ok. Sure there's an undercoating of sugar so thick it's sometimes hard to taste anything else but to do away with him totally would be throwing the baby out with the bath water. There are some teachers, not sure who they are, that we could pretty much throw out, just don't think he's one.

Go Cards

Upvote 0

RedTulipMom

Legend
Apr 18, 2004
illinois
✟137,834.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Like I've said many times, I don't buy everything he's selling. But I do think there is legitimate truths he shares that are good, healthy, ok. Sure there's an undercoating of sugar so thick it's sometimes hard to taste anything else but to do away with him totally would be throwing the baby out with the bath water. There are some teachers, not sure who they are, that we could pretty much throw out, just don't think he's one.

Go Cards
ya..my pastor at my WOF church had a few legitimate truths as well..some lies mixed in with truths do NOT equal truth..it equals LIE..sorry.but i totally disagree..i been there done that..have too many tshirts..i dont think its throwing the baby out with the bath water i think its throwing the vomit out with the dogs..sorry to be so harsh..but i have no room in my life for such deciet..including Joel Osteen, creflo dollar, joyce meyer, benny hinn, kenneth copeland and a ton of other FALSE PREACHERS..and i have no problem calling them what they are! they are BAD BAD NEWS...

Upvote 0

Meshavrischika

for Thy greater honor and glory
Jun 12, 2007
OK
✟43,103.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
interesting thought halcy
looking back..when we were involved for a year..we were immature young christians who didnt understand the REAL gospel yet..and part of it was getting the ears tickled..hearing what you want to hear..

i remember a sermon "Dont just pray for a CAR, pray for a Red Ferrarri with leather seats" that sermon kinda turned my stomach..it was the beginning of the end for us..
that goes for any group really. when you're broken, you look for what will address YOUR specific problem. hence, there will always be those willing to draw you in and take advantage of where you're hurting.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

simonthezealot

have you not read,what God has spoken unto you?
Apr 17, 2006
Minnesota
✟19,953.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Text Joels sermon "Increasing in favor"

"I believe one of the main ways that we grow in favor is by declaring it. It’s not enough to just read it it’s not enough to just believe it. You’ve got to speak it out. Your words have creative power. And one of the primary ways we release our faith is through our words. And there is a divine connection between you declaring God’s favor and you seeing God’s favor manifest in your life…You’ve got to give life to your faith by speaking it out."

UGGGHH!!!! I don't even know where to begin in telling you how UNglorifying of God this is...

Upvote 0

PujolsNonRoidHomerHitter

He's not a man! He's a machine!
Feb 8, 2008
Missouri
Visit site
✟23,090.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
ya..my pastor at my WOF church had a few legitimate truths as well..some lies mixed in with truths do NOT equal truth..it equals LIE..sorry.but i totally disagree..i been there done that..have too many tshirts..i dont think its throwing the baby out with the bath water i think its throwing the vomit out with the dogs..sorry to be so harsh..but i have no room in my life for such deciet..including Joel Osteen, creflo dollar, joyce meyer, benny hinn, kenneth copeland and a ton of other FALSE PREACHERS..and i have no problem calling them what they are! they are BAD BAD NEWS...

What about those who make so many rules and regulations on the other end that they make Jesus impossible to get to? I recognize Osteens affiliation with these groups but he seems a bit different, more conservative on the side of prosperity, etc; I don't listen to him much anymore and he might have gotten worse or deeper into this stuff. I like the attitudinal views he gives -- positive, upbeat . . . but that's just me. I don't like being yelled at for an hour and made to feel as bad as humanly possible . . . not to say anyone does.

Go Cards!

Upvote 0

JimfromOhio

Life of Trials :)
Feb 7, 2004
Central Ohio
✟60,248.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
You are speaking of Word of Faith. The main problem with Word of Faith, they are ON TV and people from many denominations are watching them, learning from them and bringing their new knowledge into their local Churches. That's the REAL issue. All local Churches are facing false teachings coming from outside.

Comfort and prosperity have never enriched the world as much as adversity has. In prosperity the heart is easily distracted. In prosperity the heart is easily divided. Prosperity teaching have referred to our ability to have wealth from God through our faith.

We can stand affliction better than we can prosperity, for in prosperity we forget God. (D.L. Moody)

There is nothing wrong with having a desire to prosper as long as our motives are correct. As Jesus said, "Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" (Matthew 6:21). In Proverbs 4:23, "Above all else, guard your heart, for it affects everything you do."

Look in your own bookshelf or your personal library, how many Christian books are related to "self-centered" spiritual growth compare to God-centered spiritual growth?

If we are seeking God for our own selfishness (self-interest) other than our spiritual relationship with Jesus Christ is a form of idolatry.

Upvote 0

Meshavrischika

for Thy greater honor and glory
Jun 12, 2007
OK
✟43,103.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
If we are seeking God for our own selfishness (self-interest) other than our spiritual relationship with Jesus Christ is a form of idolatry.
Too many people seek the things OF God and not God himself for the sake of himself.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.