Prophetic Time

JudaicChristian

Feb 21, 2009
✟2,215.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Are you talking a general math parable or a scriptural parable? Obviously many #'s can fit the equation. And if we're talking scriptural parable, that equation is outside of the format I was taught to use, at least from what I can tell on the surface.

12 squared is 12x12=144. Also, the square root of 144 is 12.

Upvote 0

JudaicChristian

Feb 21, 2009
✟2,215.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
He seems to follow the Greek/Hebrew very well, as does YoungLT [they both use different Greek texts though]. Both can be found here along with 3 of the Greek texts :)

Search for 'Genesis 1:1' in the version

Young LT) Matthew 23:33 `Serpents! brood of vipers! how may ye escape from the judgment of the gehenna?

Rotherham is a person I was not aware of. Perhaps I should study some of his translations.

Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The answer is purely mathematics. I used the 5 and 777 in a purely mathematical way to get that answer. There was no numerology used.

Yes, I understand that now, that it is not a scriptural crack application, but mathmatical. That's why I asked. I do find the application you used more than just a casual stumble. I have seen so many people take a swing at the three time frames you used, NONE of which hold much water that I've seen. Yours was interesting to say the least. It's not easy to find new things in subjects that have been scoured by the greatest minds in history.

I do tend to the association side of the ledgers when it comes to any math equation deployed in scripture, which generally removes it from a pure math only understanding. Very often if one is used to gathering from others rather than taking offence, it tends to multiply understanding. God has perhaps hidden just a little bit in every person. The "Lady in the Water" story.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Rotherham is a person I was not aware of. Perhaps I should study some of his translations.
I spent about 5 months translating just Daniel 11 after I saw so many different ways Bible versions rendered that Chapt and ending up having to color code a lot it ehehe.
But as this one wise person said:

False prophets in Daniel in the Bible. Revived Roman Empire, Beast of the Apocalypse of Mark, and Antiochus the Selucid Greek

..........As I have noticed while comparing translations of different verses in the Bible, even the most literal translations can suddenly depart from literalism, perhaps visit the Greek Septuagint and abandon the Hebrew translation for a single verse, whenever some highly cherished doctrine might be threatened by a truly literal translation. Rule of thumb : you should never, ever rely exclusively on one single translation.)...........

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

JudaicChristian

Feb 21, 2009
✟2,215.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, I understand that now, that it is not a scriptural crack application, but mathmatical. That's why I asked. I do find the application you used more than just a casual stumble. I have seen so many people take a swing at the three time frames you used, NONE of which hold much water that I've seen. Yours was interesting to say the least. It's not easy to find new things in subjects that have been scoured by the greatest minds in history.

I do tend to the association side of the ledgers when it comes to any math equation deployed in scripture, which generally removes it from a pure math only understanding. Very often if one is used to gathering from others rather than taking offence, it tends to multiply understanding. God has perhaps hidden just a little bit in every person. The "Lady in the Water" story.

Just think what Christians could do if they were unified.

Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I spent about 5 months translating just Daniel 11 after I saw so many different ways Bible versions rendered that Chapt and ending up having to color code a lot it ehehe.

False prophets in Daniel in the Bible. Revived Roman Empire, Beast of the Apocalypse of Mark, and Antiochus the Selucid Greek

..........As I have noticed while comparing translations of different verses in the Bible, even the most literal translations can suddenly depart from literalism, perhaps visit the Greek Septuagint and abandon the Hebrew translation for a single verse, whenever some highly cherished doctrine might be threatened by a truly literal translation. Rule of thumb : you should never, ever rely exclusively on one single translation.)...........

In a brief view of that site it represents just another spin on trying to understand those prophecies through VIEWED PHYSICAL HISTORY, which methodology will never be sufficient.

The facts of these matters are that most prophecy contains references to powers that we CANNOT see strictly through the physical lense only method. I see scores of seer sayers who practice ONLY that type of seeing, when that method ONLY will continue to be frustrating. That method leads groups like the SDA seeing the RCC as the anti-Christ for example, which is nearly an INSANE view imho.

Upvote 0

JudaicChristian

Feb 21, 2009
✟2,215.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

you should never, ever rely exclusively on one single translation.)........... I agree with that 100%.

There are only certain areas of scriptures that are damaged. Besides some pagan beliefs, also the forming of the "seven" in the last day. That's were cross referencing of scripture comes in handy. Also it help to know something about history.

Upvote 0

ToxicReboMan

Always Hungry for Truth
May 19, 2005
Texas
✟1,619.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Paul did say:

1Th 5:1 Now concerning the times and the seasons, brothers, you have no need to have anything written to you.
1Th 5:2 For you yourselves are fully aware that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night.

:wave:

We may not be able to know exactly when He returns, but we have been warned that we will be able to see the signs of the times and that we must always remain vigilant. I don't use the words of Paul to better understand Jesus. Rather, I use words of Jesus to better understand Paul.

Matthew 24:32-33 NASB
"Now learn the parable from the fig tree: when its branch has already become tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near;
so, you too, when you see all these things, recognize that He is near, right at the door."

Upvote 0

JudaicChristian

Feb 21, 2009
✟2,215.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In a brief view of that site it represents just another spin on trying to understand those prophecies through VIEWED PHYSICAL HISTORY, which methodology will never be sufficient.

The facts of these matters are that most prophecy contains references to powers that we CANNOT see strictly through the physical lense only method. I see scores of seer sayers who practice ONLY that type of seeing, when that method ONLY will continue to be frustrating. That method leads groups like the SDA seeing the RCC as the anti-Christ for example, which is nearly an INSANE view imho.

The meaning of the word Anti-Christ can be very broad. I always look to the far left, and then to the far right, then I center myself between the two. I try to keep an open mind, but not so much that my brain falls out.^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JudaicChristian

Feb 21, 2009
✟2,215.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hour, and half hour.

Revelation 8:1.
When he opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour. 2. And I saw the seven messengers who stand before God, and to them were given seven trumpets.

Revelation 17:12. "The ten horns you saw are ten kings who have not yet received a kingdom, but who for one hour will (42 years) receive authority as kings along with that beast. (nation)
Revelation 10:5. Then the messenger I had seen standing on the sea (nations) and on the land (America) raised his right hand to heaven. 6. And he swore by him who lives forever and ever, who created the heavens and all that is in them, the earth and all that is in it, and the sea and all that is in it, and said, "There will be no more delay! 7. But in the days when the seventh messenger is about to sound his trumpet, the mystery of God will be accomplished,…
Revelation 11
The Two Witnesses

1. I was given a reed like a measuring rod and was told, "Go and measure the temple of God and the altar, and count the worshipers there.
2. But exclude the outer court; do not measure it, because it has been given to the Gentiles. They will trample on the holy city for 42 months. (42 years)
3. And I will give power to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, (three and a half years) clothed in sackcloth."
4. These are the two olive trees beside the lampsticks that stand before the Lord on the earth.
5. If anyone tries to harm them, fire (judgement) comes from their mouths and devours their enemies. This is how anyone who wants to harm them must die.
6. These men have power to shut up the sky so that it will not rain during the time they are prophesying; and they have power to turn the waters into blood and to strike the earth with every kind of plague as often as they want.
7. Now when they have finished their testimony, the beast (nation)that comes up from the Abyss (unknown) will attack them, and overpower and kill them. 8. Their bodies will lie in the street of the great city, which is figuratively called Sodom and Egypt (sin and bondage), where also their Lord was crucified.(Jerusalem) 9. For three and a half days men from every people, tribe, language and nation will gaze on their bodies (televised) and refuse them burial. 10. The inhabitants of the earth will gloat over them and will celebrate by sending each other gifts, because these two prophets had tormented those who live on the earth.
11. But after the three and a half days a breath of life from God entered them, and they stood on their feet, and terror struck those who saw them. 12. Then they heard a loud voice from heaven saying to them, "Come up here." And they went up to heaven in a cloud, while their enemies looked on.
13. At that very hour there was a severe earthquake and a tenth of the city collapsed. Seven thousand people were killed in the earthquake, and the survivors were terrified and gave glory to the God of heaven.
14. The second woe has passed; the third woe is coming soon.
The Seventh Trumpet
15. The seventh messenger sounded his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven, which said: "The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Messiah, and he will reign forever and ever."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JudaicChristian

Feb 21, 2009
✟2,215.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Two days from when marks the resurrection? 0 BC to 144 AD. We are not left clueless.

Psalm 90:4
For a thousand years in your sight are like a day that has just gone by, or like a watch in the night.

Hosea 6:2
After two days he will revive us; upon the third day he will restore us, that we may live in his presence.

2 Peter 3:8
But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.

Upvote 0

JudaicChristian

Feb 21, 2009
✟2,215.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If it is not logical, then it is probably a parable.

Revelation 8:1. When he opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven for about half an hour. 2. And I saw the seven messengers who stand before God, and to them were given seven trumpets.

Revelation 17:12. "The ten horns you saw are ten kings who have not yet received a kingdom, but who for one hour will (42 years) receive authority as kings along with that beast. (nation)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JudaicChristian

Feb 21, 2009
✟2,215.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The time of the end will go beyond what Christians now think.

Isaiah 46:13
I am bringing my righteousness near, it is not far away; and my salvation will not be delayed. I will grant salvation to Zion, my splendor to Israel.

Isaiah 48:9
For my own name's sake I delay my wrath; for the sake of my praise I hold it back from you, so as not to cut you off.

Ezekiel 12:25
But I the LORD will speak what I will, and it shall be fulfilled without delay. For in your days, you rebellious house, I will fulfill whatever I say, declares the Sovereign LORD.' "

Habakkuk 2:2-3
2. Then the LORD replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a messenger may run with it. 3. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it lingers, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay.

Revelation 10:6
And he swore by him who lives forever and ever, who created the heavens and all that is in them, the earth and all that is in it, and the sea and all that is in it, and said, "There will be no more delay!

Last edited:
Upvote 0