United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
This parable is of a spiritual nature.
Revelation 3:16. So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth. 17. You say, 'I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.' But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked.
So you are saying the above is "spiritual" in nature, but not the one in Luke 16? Pardon me while I :D

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Thank God at least somebody on this forum sees the term rich is NOT associated with CASH in the scriptures.

And hey, I hope your not asking any of us to [image] guess what's in the box. That is playing with imagery. So, don't keep me hangin' here...;)
Thanks squint :)

Reve 18:11 And the merchants of the land are lamenting and are mourning over Her, because no one is not still buying their cargo
12 cargo of gold, and of silver, and of precious stone, and of pearl, and of fine linen, and of purple, and of silk, and of scarlet, and every citron wood, and every ivory vessel, and every precious vessel out of wood, and of brass, and of iron, and of marble

Upvote 0

JudaicChristian

Feb 21, 2009
✟2,215.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So you are the above is "spiritual" in nature, but not the one in Luke 16? Pardon me while I :D

That is what I am saying. Let me ask you this question: How is it that only the New Testament has the word "Hell" which is of Pagan origin and religion? Pardon me while I ^_^

Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is actually a very easy parable to solve. How good are you at solving parables?
Who can solve this parable? 12 x ? = ? The answer to this parable is hidden in a box. There is only one answer. So what is 12 x _ = _

Are you talking a general math parable or a scriptural parable? Obviously many #'s can fit the equation. And if we're talking scriptural parable, that equation is outside of the format I was taught to use, at least from what I can tell on the surface.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
That is what I am saying. Let me ask you this question: How is it that only the New Testament has the word "Hell" which is of Pagan origin and religion? Pardon me while I ^_^
I have never ever used the word "Hell" in my own translations :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks squint :)

Reve 18:11 And the merchants of the land are lamenting and are mourning over Her, because no one is not still buying their cargo
12 cargo of gold, and of silver, and of precious stone, and of pearl, and of fine linen, and of purple, and of silk, and of scarlet, and every citron wood, and every ivory vessel, and every precious vessel out of wood, and of brass, and of iron, and of marble

Well, not one word that you highlighted there means anything in relation to physical hard goods, NOR do the balance of what is stated therein...but hey, that is just how I see it. The Word IS Spiritual in every aspect. That's where it's REALLY just a lot of FUN.

Upvote 0

JudaicChristian

Feb 21, 2009
✟2,215.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is actually a very easy parable to solve. How good are you at solving parables?
Who can solve this parable? 12 x ? = ? The answer to this parable is hidden in a box. There is only one answer. So what is
12 x _ = _

The key word for the parable is "box," which is a square. What is 12 cubed?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by LittleLambofJesus I have never ever used the word "Hell" in my own translations :thumbsup:
Smart man!:thumbsup:
:blush:
However, some Bible versions do......

[LLOJ] Matt 23:33 "Serpents! produce of vipers! how? ye may be fleeing from the judging of the geennhV <1067> "

Ezekiel 39:12 And house of Israel bury them so that to purify/cleanse the Land seven months. And all of people of the Land bury them. And He becomes to them for a Name, Day of to be glorified Me, declaration of my Lord YHWH.

http://www.olivetree.com/cgi-bin/EnglishBible.htm

NKJV) Matthew 23:33 "Serpents, brood of vipers! How can you escape the condemnation of hell?

NASB) Matthew 23:33 "You serpents, you brood of vipers, how will you escape the sentence of hell?

ASV) Matthew 23:33 Ye serpents, ye offspring of vipers, how shall ye escape the judgment of hell?

Rotherham) Matthew 23:33 Serpents! broods of vipers! how should ye flee from the judgment of gehenna?

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Celticflower

charity crocheter
Feb 20, 2004
East Tenn.
✟9,279.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
I am sure that is true, but it is good to have a clue as for the season. Do not forget, Paul is not a prophet, but John was.

I thought a prophet was one who speaks messages from God. These messages may be to the people in the age they were living or may foreshadow future events.

By this definition Paul would be a prophet.

Upvote 0

JudaicChristian

Feb 21, 2009
✟2,215.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I thought a prophet was one who speaks messages from God. These messages may be to the people in the age they were living or may foreshadow future events.

The testimony of Yahshua is the spirit of prophecy, but only John gave a revelation from God.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by Celticflower I thought a prophet was one who speaks messages from God. These messages may be to the people in the age they were living or may foreshadow future events.

The testimony of Yahshua is the spirit of prophecy, but only John gave a revelation from God.
Does that make Paul any less significant than John :confused:

Rotherham) Galatians 1:12 For neither from man did I accept it, nor was taught [it], but through a revealing/apo-kaluyewV <602> of Jesus Christ.

Reve1:1 An un-covering/apo-kaluyiV <602> of Jesus Christ which gives to him, the God, to show to the bondservants of Him which-things is binding to be becoming in swiftness.
And He signifies commissioning thru the Messenger of Him, to the bondservants of Him, John. [Luke 2:32]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JudaicChristian

Feb 21, 2009
✟2,215.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Does that make Paul any less significant than John :confused:

Rotherham) Galatians 1:12 For neither from man did I accept it, nor was taught [it], but through a revealing/apo-kaluyewV <602> of Jesus Christ.

Reve1:1 An un-covering/apo-kaluyiV <602> of Jesus Christ which gives to him, the God, to show to the bondservants of Him which-things is binding to be becoming in swiftness.
And He signifies commissioning thru the Messenger of Him, to the bondservants of Him, John. [Luke 2:32]

No, I would not say less, but different. The body of Messiah has many parts.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

JudaicChristian

Feb 21, 2009
✟2,215.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Are you talking a general math parable or a scriptural parable? Obviously many #'s can fit the equation. And if we're talking scriptural parable, that equation is outside of the format I was taught to use, at least from what I can tell on the surface.

Who can solve this parable? 12 x ? = ? The answer to this parable is hidden in a box. There is only one answer. So what is
12 x _ = _

The answer is purely mathematics. I used the 5 and 777 in a purely mathematical way to get that answer. There was no numerology used.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian