Prophetic promises to Israel

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The time of the Gentiles ends at the Second Coming of Christ, as revealed by the text below.
You hit the nail on the head. And that is exactly when God resumes His dealings with Israel as Israel (Jacob). So it is now up to you to accept what has been revealed, rather than fight it.

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
In other words, you are saying anyone who opposes John Darby's doctrine is a Jew hater...

For example, those of us who fund organizations like "Jews for Jesus" on a monthly basis...

And those of us who love the Jewish people enough to tell them they are lost without Christ...

God is not now a respecter of persons, based on race.

The middle wall of separation between all bloodlines of people was broken down at the Cross.

The only way of salvation now is by being grafted into the Olive Tree of Romans chapter 11, which is a symbol of the New Covenant Church.

The time of the Gentiles ends at the Second Coming of Christ, as revealed by the text below.

Luk 21:24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

Luk 21:25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

Luk 21:26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

Luk 21:27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

When will you give up the provenly false narrative that Dispensationalism originated with Darby? Or that Darby got it from Lacunza through Irving?

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You hit the nail on the head. And that is exactly when God resumes His dealings with Israel as Israel (Jacob). So it is now up to you to accept what has been revealed, rather than fight it.

Mat 25:5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.

Mat 25:6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.

Mat 25:7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.

Mat 25:8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.

Mat 25:9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.

Mat 25:10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.

Mat 25:11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.

Mat 25:12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

Mat 25:13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

Based on the parable of the virgins, there will be no second chances at His Second Coming.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When will you give up the provenly false narrative that Dispensationalism originated with Darby? Or that Darby got it from Lacunza through Irving?

Rom 9:8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Gal 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

It does not agree with the Apostle Paul and therefore is not scriptural, no matter who invented it.

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Rom 9:8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Gal 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

It does not agree with the Apostle Paul and therefore is not scriptural, no matter who invented it.

While I do not agree with your conclusions, at least you are now arguing appropriately, and for that I commend you.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
While I do not agree with your conclusions, at least you are now arguing appropriately, and for that I commend you.

The question is, do you agree with the conclusions of Paul and Christ found above?

Do you agree that the first members of the New Covenant promised in Jeremiah 31:31-34 can be found in Acts 2:36 as "the house of Israel", or do you believe it is awaiting a future time?

Do you agree that the New Covenant has made the Old Covenant obsolete at Hebrews 8:13 or do you believe God will go back to the Old Covenant during the 7 year period before the Second Coming.

Do you believe that some will come to salvation other than being grafted into the Olive Tree of Romans 11, which is a symbol of the New Covenant Church made up of Israelites and Gentiles grafted together?

Do you believe those under the Blood in Revelation 12:11 are members of the New Covenant of Grace?

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree with everything the Bible says, but I do not agree with YOUR INTERPRETATION of the words of Jesus and of the Holy Spirit, speaking through Paul.

Then give "YOUR INTERPRETATION" to the passages in the post.

Show me where I went wrong.

Upvote 0

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Do you believe that some will come to salvation other than being grafted into the Olive Tree of Romans 11, which is a symbol of the New Covenant Church made up of Israelites and Gentiles grafted together?
You only have to read Revelation 7 and 14 to see that yes, there will be some redeemed Jews who are not within the Church, since the Church is already in Heaven at that time.

REDEEMED JEWS
And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel. (7:4)

THE CHURCH
After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; (7:9)

Do you now see that your ideas are not really based on Scripture but on your own biases?

Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I am going to agree with you on this point.
There is a "gap" of time indicated by Luke 21:24 between 70 AD and the Second Coming of Christ.

Luk 21:24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
(There would be a period of time from 70 AD until the time of the Gentiles seen within Daniel's image would be finished.)

(Luk_20:18 Whosoever shall fall upon that stone shall be broken; but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder. )

Luk 21:25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

Luk 21:26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

Luk 21:27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

(This is describing the Second Coming of Christ, when those he was speaking to and all of us will be bodily resurrected from the dead and will see him at His Second Coming.)

Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your
redemption draweth nigh.

A similar break is found in Mark's Gospel.

Mar 13:22 For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.

Mar 13:23 But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.

(Here Christ is saying all of these things would occur before something else happens.)

Mar 13:24 But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, (Revelation 6:12)

Mar 13:25 And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken. (Revelation 6:13)

Mar 13:26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.

(Here again we find the Second Coming of Christ.)

The disciples asked Jesus two questions at the beginning of Matthew chapter 24.

Mat 24:2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

Mat 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

When will the temple stones be thrown down?

What will be the sign of thy coming?

Luke 21:24 is the dividing line between these two questions in Luke's Gospel.

baberean2,

1. Luke 21:27 is the second coming but it says nothing about the church being raptured and resurrected at this time with those who have gone before.

Luke 21:27: And then shall they see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. This goes completely with Revelation 19:11 of coming out of heaven with his armies who are the saints in fine linen, white and clean.
It is against your assessment that the saints are being raptured from the earth at the second coming or at all at this time.

This passage is dealing with the wicked who are fearful etc. and this will be like those in Revelation 1:7 of the kindreds of the earth will wail because of him. Those that will see him whom they have pierced will be jews and they will be delivered by Christ and his saints etc.

So you are wrong by context and you are wrong by clear comparison of the account of the second coming. Jerry kelso

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
baberean2,

1. Luke 21:27 is the second coming but it says nothing about the church being raptured and resurrected at this time with those who have gone before.

Luke 21:27: And then shall they see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. This goes completely with Revelation 19:11 of coming out of heaven with his armies who are the saints in fine linen, white and clean.
It is against your assessment that the saints are being raptured from the earth at the second coming or at all at this time.

This passage is dealing with the wicked who are fearful etc. and this will be like those in Revelation 1:7 of the kindreds of the earth will wail because of him. Those that will see him whom they have pierced will be jews and they will be delivered by Christ and his saints etc.

So you are wrong by context and you are wrong by clear comparison of the account of the second coming. Jerry kelso

1Co 15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
1Co 15:24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

Paul is not wrong, but John Darby was...

G3952

παρουσία
parousia
par-oo-see'-ah
From the present participle of G3918; a being near, that is, advent (often, return; specifically of Christ to punish Jerusalem, or finally the wicked); (by implication) physical aspect: - coming, presence.

Total KJV occurrences: 24

Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
1Co 15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
1Co 15:24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

Paul is not wrong, but John Darby was...

G3952

παρουσία
parousia
par-oo-see'-ah
From the present participle of G3918; a being near, that is, advent (often, return; specifically of Christ to punish Jerusalem, or finally the wicked); (by implication) physical aspect: - coming, presence.

Total KJV occurrences: 24

baberean2,

1. Paul is right because he was talking to the church and about the church at his coming both dead and living believers.
1 Corinthians 15 is about the church being resurrected because it was a mystery that the old testament didn't know about.
It was a mystery because if it wasn't then it would have most likely hindered the KOH offer of Jesus in his earthly ministry being authentic.

2. The two witnesses are resurrected from the dead by themselves before the end of the tribulation and they are seen going up by the remnant who were left on earth. There were no dead believers coming from heaven with Christ to meet them.
The 144,000 are preserved through the trumpet judgements and mentioned in Revelation 9:4 as being preserved. They are not heard of anymore till chapter 14:1-5 and they are seen in the heavenly Mt. Sion. They were redeemed from among men and were the first fruits of the tribulation and were before the throne of God and followed the lamb which the lamb is in heaven at this time which is in the middle of the tribulation.
They are the man child of chapter 12 because the passage is future just like the dragon and the ten horns which is in the context of the future tribulation.
Whether you believe they are the 144,000 are the man child or not the point is that the 144,000 and the two witnesses were raptured are two different raptures that have no dead believers coming from heaven with Christ and they are not mentioned in the resurrection in Revelation 15:1-2 and Revelation 20:4-6.
Your point of verse 23; those that are at Christ coming happens with everybody at one time at the end of the tribulation just because the following scripture talks about the end coming is wrong and does not line up with the scriptures.

3. Revelation 4:1, 5:10, 11:18 and 19:11-15 show that the church is in heaven through the whole tribulation.

4. Even if you were right that all the church has to raptured with all the tribulation saints it would not be at the second coming because the last resurrection is right before the 7 vials which will happen at least months and months if not a year or more until Armageddon happens.

5. It is like you look at a scripture and thinks it looks like it says something it doesn't and you go with it. The end coming and the son giving over the kingdom to the father isn't until after the 1000 years is mentioned. Does this mean that the 1000 years is not before this moment? No, because in verse 25 Paul says he (Christ) must reign till he hath put all enemies under his feet. If this meant the second coming when would he have time to reign. It doesn't mean when he sets it up and then he turns it over because Christ has to rule with a rod of iron. Also, the last revolt in Revelation 20:8-9 has to be at the end of the 1000 years for Satan is bound the whole 1000 years and then loosed for a little season to deceive one more time and will be destroyed and God from heaven will destroy them with fire out of heaven and Satan will be thrown into the lake of fire where the beast and the false prophet are which in that context was 1000 years before and at the second coming.
Once again you are wrong and that is plain to see. Jerry Kelso

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They are the man child of chapter 12 because the passage is future just like the dragon and the ten horns which is in the context of the future tribulation.
Jerry,

The man child of Revelation chapter 12 is the Lord Jesus Christ, who was caught up to heaven in Acts chapter 1.
The beginning of Revelation chapter 12 is a history lesson.

Rev 12:5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

Psa 2:6 Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.
Psa 2:7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
Psa 2:8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.
Psa 2:9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.

Upvote 0

Jack Terrence

Fighting the good fight
Feb 15, 2013
✟27,525.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Enemies of Dispensationalism are constantly insisting either that the ancient promises to Israel, which fill the prophetic scriptures, were fulfilled in ancient times, or that they were actually speaking symbolically of the church.
You left out one option. The promises were LITERAL and CONDITIONAL and CONTINGENT upon Israel's obedience. Any promises that were not fulfilled in the time frame given in scripture for their fulfillment were withdrawn by God. They will NOT be fulfilled.

For example, the fulfillment of Ezekiel was to be realized by Ezekiel's CONTEMPORARIES and their IMMEDIATE children. But they failed to meet the conditions of the promise and so God withdrew the offer. The promise was NOT postponed nor transferred to any succeeding generations. It was altogether withdrawn. Therefore, Ezekiel 37 is NOT about what will be, but about what could have been if Israel had obeyed.

Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
Jer 31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Biblewriter

Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
You left out one option. The promises were LITERAL and CONDITIONAL and CONTINGENT upon Israel's obedience. Any promises that were not fulfilled in the time frame given in scripture for their fulfillment were withdrawn by God. They will NOT be fulfilled.

For example, the fulfillment of Ezekiel was to be realized by Ezekiel's CONTEMPORARIES and their IMMEDIATE children. But they failed to meet the conditions of the promise and so God withdrew the offer. The promise was NOT postponed nor transferred to any succeeding generations. It was altogether withdrawn. Therefore, Ezekiel 37 is NOT about what will be, but about what could have been if Israel had obeyed.

The scriptures explicitly ay exactly the opposite of what you say here.

"Therefore say to the house of Israel, 'Thus says the Lord GOD: "I do not do this for your sake, O house of Israel, but for My holy name's sake, which you have profaned among the nations wherever you went. And I will sanctify My great name, which has been profaned among the nations, which you have profaned in their midst; and the nations shall know that I am the LORD," says the Lord GOD, "when I am hallowed in you before their eyes. For I will take you from among the nations, gather you out of all countries, and bring you into your own land. Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them. Then you shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; you shall be My people, and I will be your God. I will deliver you from all your uncleannesses. I will call for the grain and multiply it, and bring no famine upon you. And I will multiply the fruit of your trees and the increase of your fields, so that you need never again bear the reproach of famine among the nations. Then you will remember your evil ways and your deeds that were not good; and you will loathe yourselves in your own sight, for your iniquities and your abominations. Not for your sake do I do this," says the Lord GOD, "let it be known to you. Be ashamed and confounded for your own ways, O house of Israel!" Ezekiel 36:22-32

It is also completely contrary to the explicit statements of many prophecies which declare their impending judgment for their present sins, and then go on to promise an eventual restoration.

A typical example of this is:

Now when she had weaned Lo-Ruhamah, she conceived and bore a son. Then God said: "Call his name Lo-Ammi, For you are not My people, And I will not be your God. "Yet the number of the children of Israel Shall be as the sand of the sea, Which cannot be measured or numbered. And it shall come to pass In the place where it was said to them, 'You are not My people,' There it shall be said to them, 'You are sons of the living God.' Hosea 1:8-10

The scriptures are very absolute in stating this. And they state repeatedly, and it in terms that are too plain to get around.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

"Therefore say to the house of Israel, 'Thus says the Lord GOD: "I do not do this for your sake, O house of Israel, but for My holy name's sake, which you have profaned among the nations wherever you went. And I will sanctify My great name, which has been profaned among the nations, which you have profaned in their midst; and the nations shall know that I am the LORD," says the Lord GOD, "when I am hallowed in you before their eyes. For I will take you from among the nations, gather you out of all countries, and bring you into your own land. Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them. Then you shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; you shall be My people, and I will be your God. I will deliver you from all your uncleannesses. I will call for the grain and multiply it, and bring no famine upon you. And I will multiply the fruit of your trees and the increase of your fields, so that you need never again bear the reproach of famine among the nations. Then you will remember your evil ways and your deeds that were not good; and you will loathe yourselves in your own sight, for your iniquities and your abominations. Not for your sake do I do this," says the Lord GOD, "let it be known to you. Be ashamed and confounded for your own ways, O house of Israel!" Ezekiel 36:22-32

It is also completely contrary to the explicit statements of many prophecies which declare their impending judgment for their present sins, and then go on to promise an eventual restoration.

A typical example of this is:

Now when she had weaned Lo-Ruhamah, she conceived and bore a son. Then God said: "Call his name Lo-Ammi, For you are not My people, And I will not be your God. "Yet the number of the children of Israel Shall be as the sand of the sea, Which cannot be measured or numbered. And it shall come to pass In the place where it was said to them, 'You are not My people,' There it shall be said to them, 'You are sons of the living God.' Hosea 1:8-10

The scriptures are very absolute in stating this. And they state repeatedly, and it in terms that are too plain to get around.

Hosea 1:8-10 interpreted by the Apostle Paul...

Rom 9:24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

Rom 9:25 As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.

Rom 9:26 And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.

Rom 9:27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:

Rom 9:28 For he will finish the work, and cut it short in righteousness: because a short work will the Lord make upon the earth.

Rom 9:29 And as Esaias said before, Except the Lord of Sabaoth had left us a seed, we had been as Sodoma, and been made like unto Gomorrha.

Rom 9:30 What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.

Rom 9:31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.

Rom 9:32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

Rom 9:33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Upvote 0

Jack Terrence

Fighting the good fight
Feb 15, 2013
✟27,525.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Your use of Ezekiel 32:22-32 is poor scholarship as well as out of context.

Poor scholarship: The Hebrew language had no conditional verbs. Hebrew verbs are too often translated in our English Bibles as indicatives when they should not have been. We cannot just assume from their being translated in English as indicatives that God was speaking about things which would certainly come to pass apart from Israel's obedience.

Out of context: God told Ezekiel that the land promise was for his own generation. It was for THEM and their IMMEDIATE children and their grandchildren (37:18-26). Yet they, and their IMMEDIATE children and grandchildren NEVER REALIZED those promises. If that doesn't prove to you that they were CONDITIONAL promises, then you are willfully blind.

Yet you "get around" Ezekiel 37. It plainly says that the land promise was for THEM and their IMMEDIATE children and their grandchildren. You get around it greasy slick by your term "eventual restoration" when it is clear that the restoration was to begin IMMEDIATELY after the end of the judgment.

All the promises were CONDITIONAL. Some were fulfilled through Israel's obedience, while others were cancelled due to their disobedience. And some were fulfilled by Christ's obedience. They are ALL to be understood as CONDITIONAL even when they appear to be unconditional.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Your use of Ezekiel 32:22-32 is poor scholarship as well as out of context.

Poor scholarship: The Hebrew language had no conditional verbs. Hebrew verbs are too often translated in our English Bibles as indicatives when they should not have been. We cannot just assume from their being translated in English as indicatives that God was speaking about things which would certainly come to pass apart from Israel's obedience.

Out of context: God told Ezekiel that the land promise was for his own generation. It was for THEM and their IMMEDIATE children and their grandchildren (37:18-26). Yet they, and their IMMEDIATE children and grandchildren NEVER REALIZED those promises. If that doesn't prove to you that they were CONDITIONAL promises, then you are willfully blind.

Yet you "get around" Ezekiel 37. It plainly says that the land promise was for THEM and their IMMEDIATE children and their grandchildren. You get around it greasy slick by your term "eventual restoration" when it is clear that the restoration was to begin IMMEDIATELY after the end of the judgment.

All the promises were CONDITIONAL. Some were fulfilled through Israel's obedience, while others were cancelled due to their disobedience. And some were fulfilled by Christ's obedience. They are ALL to be understood as CONDITIONAL even when they appear to be unconditional.

This entire post is an exact reversal of the facts.

The exact words of the Holy Spirit, speaking through Ezekiel, were (verse 22:)

la (not) lmon.km (on account of you) ani (I) oshe (doing) bith (house) ishral (Israel)

And (verse 32:)

la (not) lmon.km (on account of you) ani (I) oshe (doing) nam (averment of) adni (my Lord) ieue (Yahweh) iudo (he shall be known) l.km (to you) bushu (be ashamed you) u.eklmi (and be confounded you) m.drki.em (from ways of you) bith (house) ishral (Israel)

And although Ezekiel 37 was declared directly to Ezekiel's own generation, there is absolutely nothing in the entire chapter that even suggests the idea that this would be fulfilled at any time in the near future.

And as to whether or not the promises are conditional, the scriptures repeatedly and explicitly say that they are not.

13 For when God made a promise to Abraham, because He could swear by no one greater, He swore by Himself, 14 saying, "Surely blessing I will bless you, and multiplying I will multiply you." 15 And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise. 16 For men indeed swear by the greater, and an oath for confirmation is for them an end of all dispute. 17 Thus God, determining to show more abundantly to the heirs of promise the immutability of His counsel, confirmed it by an oath, 18 that by two immutable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we might have strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold of the hope set before us. Hebrews 6:13-18

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And although Ezekiel 37 was declared directly to Ezekiel's own generation, there is absolutely nothing in the entire chapter that even suggests the idea that this would be fulfilled at any time in the near future.

There is another option.

Eze 37:12 Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.

Eze 37:13 And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,

Eze 37:14 And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.

This can also be about the spiritual resurrection from the dead found in John 5:24 and or the resurrection of the body found in John 5:27-30.
It clearly contains an allusion to a resurrection of the dead.

Eze 37:26
Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.

(Heb 13:20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, )

Who is the sanctuary in the New Covenant?

Joh_2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

Jer 31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

Jer 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Jer 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0