Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Enemies of Dispensationalism are constantly insisting either that the ancient promises to Israel, which fill the prophetic scriptures, were fulfilled in ancient times, or that they were actually speaking symbolically of the church. Here are a number of prophetic promises to Israel that were unquestionably not fulfilled in ancient times, and which cannot rationally be even pretended to speak symbolically of the church. In each case, I will first quote the scripture that contains the promise, and then point out what it explicitly says. In some cases, I will quote large passages, to make it clear that these promises are not being lifted out of context.

All scriptures are quoted from the NKJV translation.

Last edited:
Reactions: lismore

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
8 And it shall come to pass in all the land," Says the LORD, "That two-thirds in it shall be cut off and die, But one-third shall be left in it: 9 I will bring the one-third through the fire, Will refine them as silver is refined, And test them as gold is tested. They will call on My name, And I will answer them. I will say, 'This is My people'; And each one will say, 'The LORD is my God.' " (Zechariah 13:8-9)

There has never been a time when two-thirds of all the people of the land have been killed, but one third were left in it, and not only left in it, but restored to faith in the Lord. So there is no rational way to even pretend that this has ever been fulfilled. And it is simply irrational to claim that it refers to the church.

• Agree
Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
51 Samaria did not commit half of your sins; but you have multiplied your abominations more than they, and have justified your sisters by all the abominations which you have done. 52 You who judged your sisters, bear your own shame also, because the sins which you committed were more abominable than theirs; they are more righteous than you. Yes, be disgraced also, and bear your own shame, because you justified your sisters. 53 "When I bring back their captives, the captives of Sodom and her daughters, and the captives of Samaria and her daughters, then I will also bring back the captives of your captivity among them, 54 that you may bear your own shame and be disgraced by all that you did when you comforted them. 55 When your sisters, Sodom and her daughters, return to their former state, and Samaria and her daughters return to their former state, then you and your daughters will return to your former state. 56 For your sister Sodom was not a byword in your mouth in the days of your pride, 57 before your wickedness was uncovered. It was like the time of the reproach of the daughters of Syria and all those around her, and of the daughters of the Philistines, who despise you everywhere. 58 You have paid for your lewdness and your abominations," says the LORD. 59 For thus says the Lord GOD: "I will deal with you as you have done, who despised the oath by breaking the covenant. 60 "Nevertheless I will remember My covenant with you in the days of your youth, and I will establish an everlasting covenant with you. 61 Then you will remember your ways and be ashamed, when you receive your older and your younger sisters; for I will give them to you for daughters, but not because of My covenant with you. 62 And I will establish My covenant with you. Then you shall know that I am the LORD, 63 that you may remember and be ashamed, and never open your mouth anymore because of your shame, when I provide you an atonement for all you have done," says the Lord GOD.' " (Ezekiel 16:51-63)

There has never been a time when Sodom, Samaria, and Israel have been restored to their former estates at the same time. So this has unquestionably not been fulfilled. And, although some imagine that the Lord’s covenant with Israel is the covenant with Abraham, and that this covenant had been transferred to the church, we need to particularly notice verse 61, which explicitly says that the Lord will do this “not because of My covenant with you.” So this will not only be a fulfillment of the ancient covenant with Abraham. This is a completely new promise to Israel, not just a restatement of the old promises.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
3 "My anger is kindled against the shepherds, And I will punish the goatherds. For the LORD of hosts will visit His flock, The house of Judah, And will make them as His royal horse in the battle. 4 From him comes the cornerstone, From him the tent peg, From him the battle bow, From him every ruler together. 5 They shall be like mighty men, Who tread down their enemies In the mire of the streets in the battle. They shall fight because the LORD is with them, And the riders on horses shall be put to shame. 6 "I will strengthen the house of Judah, And I will save the house of Joseph. I will bring them back, Because I have mercy on them. They shall be as though I had not cast them aside; For I am the LORD their God, And I will hear them. 7 Those of Ephraim shall be like a mighty man, And their heart shall rejoice as if with wine. Yes, their children shall see it and be glad; Their heart shall rejoice in the LORD. 8 I will whistle for them and gather them, For I will redeem them; And they shall increase as they once increased. 9 "I will sow them among the peoples, And they shall remember Me in far countries; They shall live, together with their children, And they shall return. 10 I will also bring them back from the land of Egypt, And gather them from Assyria. I will bring them into the land of Gilead and Lebanon, Until no more room is found for them. (Zechariah 10:3-10)

It is physically impossible to even pretend that this refers to the ancient return from Babylon, for this prophecy was uttered after that return had already taken place. And it is simply irrational to pretend that it refers to the church. For the church is not “brought back” from anywhere, much less from Egypt. Nor is it gathered from Assyria, or brought into the lands of Gilead and Lebanon. Nor is the church brought into a place that has “no more room” to be “found for them.”

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
15 For behold, the LORD will come with fire And with His chariots, like a whirlwind, To render His anger with fury, And His rebuke with flames of fire. 16 For by fire and by His sword The LORD will judge all flesh; And the slain of the LORD shall be many. 17 "Those who sanctify themselves and purify themselves, To go to the gardens After an idol in the midst, Eating swine's flesh and the abomination and the mouse, Shall be consumed together," says the LORD. 18 "For I know their works and their thoughts. It shall be that I will gather all nations and tongues; and they shall come and see My glory. 19 I will set a sign among them; and those among them who escape I will send to the nations: to Tarshish and Pul and Lud, who draw the bow, and Tubal and Javan, to the coastlands afar off who have not heard My fame nor seen My glory. And they shall declare My glory among the Gentiles. 20 Then they shall bring all your brethren for an offering to the LORD out of all nations, on horses and in chariots and in litters, on mules and on camels, to My holy mountain Jerusalem," says the LORD, "as the children of Israel bring an offering in a clean vessel into the house of the LORD. 21 And I will also take some of them for priests and Levites," says the LORD. (Isaiah 66:15-21)

Here the Lord plainly says that the prophesied re-gathering of Israel will take place after He comes “with fire And with His chariots, like a whirlwind, To render His anger with fury, And His rebuke with flames of fire.” This rules out any such fulfillment before He comes, or even at the same time as He comes. And thus, it cannot even possibly refer to anything that has ever happened, or to the church.

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
33 "As I live," says the Lord GOD, "surely with a mighty hand, with an outstretched arm, and with fury poured out, I will rule over you. 34 I will bring you out from the peoples and gather you out of the countries where you are scattered, with a mighty hand, with an outstretched arm, and with fury poured out. 35 And I will bring you into the wilderness of the peoples, and there I will plead My case with you face to face. 36 Just as I pleaded My case with your fathers in the wilderness of the land of Egypt, so I will plead My case with you," says the Lord GOD. 37 "I will make you pass under the rod, and I will bring you into the bond of the covenant; 38 I will purge the rebels from among you, and those who transgress against Me; I will bring them out of the country where they dwell, but they shall not enter the land of Israel. Then you will know that I am the LORD. (Ezekiel 20:33-38)

Here the Lord explicitly says that when he gathers them, he will purge out the rebels from among them, saying, “I will bring them out of the country where they dwell, but they shall not enter the land of Israel.” These words make it physically impossible that this refers to anything that has ever happened in the past, or that it refers to the church.

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
2 In that day the Branch of the LORD shall be beautiful and glorious; And the fruit of the earth shall be excellent and appealing For those of Israel who have escaped. 3 And it shall come to pass that he who is left in Zion and remains in Jerusalem will be called holy--everyone who is recorded among the living in Jerusalem. 4 When the Lord has washed away the filth of the daughters of Zion, and purged the blood of Jerusalem from her midst, by the spirit of judgment and by the spirit of burning, 5 then the LORD will create above every dwelling place of Mount Zion, and above her assemblies, a cloud and smoke by day and the shining of a flaming fire by night. For over all the glory there will be a covering. 6 And there will be a tabernacle for shade in the daytime from the heat, for a place of refuge, and for a shelter from storm and rain. (Isaiah 4:2-6)

Here, the Lord explicitly promises that “everyone who is recorded among the living in Jerusalem” “will be called holy.” And He explicitly states that he is speaking of is “he who is left in Zion and remains in Jerusalem,” and that this will be after He has purged them “by the spirit of judgment and by the spirit of burning.” The meaning of ths is obvious, when it is considered in the light of the last passage we examined, in which the Lord explicitly said He would “purge the rebels from among you.”

Again, it is simply irrational to either claim that this has already happened, or that it speaks of the church.

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
1 "And you, son of man, prophesy to the mountains of Israel, and say, 'O mountains of Israel, hear the word of the LORD! 2 Thus says the Lord GOD: "Because the enemy has said of you, 'Aha! The ancient heights have become our possession,' " ' 3 therefore prophesy, and say, 'Thus says the Lord GOD: "Because they made you desolate and swallowed you up on every side, so that you became the possession of the rest of the nations, and you are taken up by the lips of talkers and slandered by the people"-- 4 therefore, O mountains of Israel, hear the word of the Lord GOD! Thus says the Lord GOD to the mountains, the hills, the rivers, the valleys, the desolate wastes, and the cities that have been forsaken, which became plunder and mockery to the rest of the nations all around-- 5 therefore thus says the Lord GOD: "Surely I have spoken in My burning jealousy against the rest of the nations and against all Edom, who gave My land to themselves as a possession, with whole-hearted joy and spiteful minds, in order to plunder its open country." ' 6 Therefore prophesy concerning the land of Israel, and say to the mountains, the hills, the rivers, and the valleys, 'Thus says the Lord GOD: "Behold, I have spoken in My jealousy and My fury, because you have borne the shame of the nations." 7 Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: "I have raised My hand in an oath that surely the nations that are around you shall bear their own shame. 8 "But you, O mountains of Israel, you shall shoot forth your branches and yield your fruit to My people Israel, for they are about to come. 9 For indeed I am for you, and I will turn to you, and you shall be tilled and sown. 10 I will multiply men upon you, all the house of Israel, all of it; and the cities shall be inhabited and the ruins rebuilt. 11 I will multiply upon you man and beast; and they shall increase and bear young; I will make you inhabited as in former times, and do better for you than at your beginnings. Then you shall know that I am the LORD. 12 Yes, I will cause men to walk on you, My people Israel; they shall take possession of you, and you shall be their inheritance; no more shall you bereave them of children." 13 Thus says the Lord GOD: "Because they say to you, 'You devour men and bereave your nation of children,' 14 therefore you shall devour men no more, nor bereave your nation anymore," says the Lord GOD. 15 Nor will I let you hear the taunts of the nations anymore, nor bear the reproach of the peoples anymore, nor shall you cause your nation to stumble anymore," says the Lord GOD.' " (Ezekiel 36:1-15)

Here the Lord explicitly tells “the mountains of Israel,” along with “the hills, the rivers, the valleys, the desolate wastes, and the cities that have been forsaken, which became plunder and mockery to the rest of the nations all around,” that they will again be inhabited by “all the house of Israel, all of it.” It also explicitly says that at that time the Lord will “do better for you than at your beginnings,” and that from that time, this land “shall devour men no more, nor bereave your nation anymore," and that the Lord will not let it “hear the taunts of the nations anymore.”

It is simply irrational to either pretend that this prophecy has already been fulfilled, or to imagine that it speaks of the church.

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
And finally we read:

13 Thus says the Lord GOD: "These are the borders by which you shall divide the land as an inheritance among the twelve tribes of Israel. Joseph shall have two portions. 14 You shall inherit it equally with one another; for I raised My hand in an oath to give it to your fathers, and this land shall fall to you as your inheritance. 15 This shall be the border of the land on the north: from the Great Sea, by the road to Hethlon, as one goes to Zedad, 16 Hamath, Berothah, Sibraim (which is between the border of Damascus and the border of Hamath), to Hazar Hatticon (which is on the border of Hauran). 17 Thus the boundary shall be from the Sea to Hazar Enan, the border of Damascus; and as for the north, northward, it is the border of Hamath. This is the north side. 18 On the east side you shall mark out the border from between Hauran and Damascus, and between Gilead and the land of Israel, along the Jordan, and along the eastern side of the sea. This is the east side. 19 The south side, toward the South, shall be from Tamar to the waters of Meribah by Kadesh, along the brook to the Great Sea. This is the south side, toward the South. 20 The west side shall be the Great Sea, from the southern boundary until one comes to a point opposite Hamath. This is the west side. (Ezekiel 47:13-20)

This is a clear and explicit reference to physical places, so clearly set forth that, even to this day, it is possible to pinpoint them on a map. It could not be more clear that this has never been fulfilled, for Israel has never had these borders. And it is simply irrational to imagine that this refers to the church.

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Thus we see that the scriptures indeed contain many explicitly stated promises to the ancient nation of Israel. And we see that it is absolutely impossible to even pretend that these promises have ever been fulfilled. And it is totally irrational to imagine that they are actually speaking of the church.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There has never been a time when two-thirds of all the people of the land have been killed, but one third were left in it, and not only left in it, but restored to faith in the Lord.

Adam Clarke's Commentary
Zechariah 13:8

Two parts therein shall be cut off -
In the war with the Romans.
But the third shall be left - Those who believe on the Lord Jesus Christ shall be preserved alive; and not one of these perished in the siege, or afterwards, by those wars.
..............................................................................................

We know the members of the early Jewish Church did heed the words of Jesus in Luke 21:20 and left Jerusalem before the final siege of 70 AD.

Luk 21:20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.

The Romans under Cestius Gallus surrounded the city in 66 AD, but then left.
The Jewish forces killed thousands of Romans during the retreat.

Luk 21:21 Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.

Luk 21:24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
(Even John Darby agreed that this verse was fulfilled in 70 AD.)

The warning was also given in Luke chapter 19.

Luk 19:43 For the days shall come upon thee, that thine enemies shall cast a trench about thee, and compass thee round, and keep thee in on every side, (The phrase "compass the round" means to surround.)

Luk 19:44 And shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another; because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation.

(The reference to the stones was the same warning given at the beginning of Matthew chapter 24. Also, based on Daniel chapter 9, the Jewish leadership should have known it was time for the Messiah to arrive.)

After the siege of 70 AD it is estimated that about 1 million had been killed in Jerusalem and tens of thousands of the survivors were sold into slavery. We have no exact numbers of how many were killed or sold into slavery from the rest of the nation.

However, those who had turned to the Lord (Jesus Christ) were a remnant who survived.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Chickfula1
Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Adam Clarke's Commentary
Zechariah 13:8

Two parts therein shall be cut off -
In the war with the Romans.
But the third shall be left - Those who believe on the Lord Jesus Christ shall be preserved alive; and not one of these perished in the siege, or afterwards, by those wars.
..............................................................................................

We know the members of the early Jewish Church did heed the words of Jesus in Luke 21:20 and left Jerusalem before the final siege of 70 AD.

Luk 21:20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.

The Romans under Cestius Gallus surrounded the city in 66 AD, but then left.
The Jewish forces killed thousands of Romans during the retreat.

Luk 21:21 Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.

Luk 21:24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
(Even John Darby agreed that this verse was fulfilled in 70 AD.)

The warning was also given in Luke chapter 19.

Luk 19:43 For the days shall come upon thee, that thine enemies shall cast a trench about thee, and compass thee round, and keep thee in on every side, (The phrase "compass the round" means to surround.)

Luk 19:44 And shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another; because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation.

(The reference to the stones was the same warning given at the beginning of Matthew chapter 24. Also, based on Daniel chapter 9, the Jewish leadership should have known it was time for the Messiah to arrive.)

After the siege of 70 AD it is estimated that about 1 million had been killed in Jerusalem and tens of thousands of the survivors were sold into slavery. We have no exact numbers of how many were killed or sold into slavery from the rest of the nation.

However, those who had turned to the Lord (Jesus Christ) were a remnant who survived.

This is utter nonsense, regardless of who wrote it. In the first place, the Jews who converted to Christ did not compose even nearly a third of the population. And in the second place, they were not allowed to remain in the land. All Jews were permanently expelled from the land.

And, as a side note, not only J. N. Darby, but I myself, say, and strongly say, that Luke 21:24 was fulfilled in A.D. 70.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And, as a side note, not only J. N. Darby, but I myself, say, and strongly say, that Luke 21:24 was fulfilled in A.D. 70.

Luk 21:22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.

Luk 21:23 But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people. (Luke 23:28-31)

Mat 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

Mat 24:16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

Mar 13:14 But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:

You are correct, based on a parallel study of the Gospels.
However, one of the teachings of most Dispensationalists related to the "abomination of desolation" is also revealed by this study.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
You are neglecting the tremendous time jump at the end of Luke 21:24. "UNTIL the times of the gentiles be fulfilled." In the Greek, that word UNTIL is achri, (word number 891 in Strong's Greek Dictionary.) This word definitely meant not only a duration of time, but that there was a time when that duration would cease. Everything after that word UNTIL has not yet taken place, for, even to this day, Jerusalem is still trodden down by the gentiles.

Scripture is too strong a bond to be broken by the reasonings of mere men.

• Agree
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are neglecting the tremendous time jump at the end of Luke 21:24. "UNTIL the times of the gentiles be fulfilled." In the Greek, that word UNTIL is achri, (word number 891 in Strong's Greek Dictionary.) This word definitely meant not only a duration of time, but that there was a time when that duration would cease. Everything after that word UNTIL has not yet taken place, for, even to this day, Jerusalem is still trodden down by the gentiles.

Scripture is too strong a bond to be broken by the reasonings of mere men.

I am going to agree with you on this point.
There is a "gap" of time indicated by Luke 21:24 between 70 AD and the Second Coming of Christ.

(There would be a period of time from 70 AD until the time of the Gentiles seen within Daniel's image would be finished.)

(Luk_20:18 Whosoever shall fall upon that stone shall be broken; but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder. )

Luk 21:25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

Luk 21:26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

Luk 21:27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

(This is describing the Second Coming of Christ, when those he was speaking to and all of us will be bodily resurrected from the dead and will see him at His Second Coming.)

Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your
redemption draweth nigh.

A similar break is found in Mark's Gospel.

Mar 13:22 For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.

Mar 13:23 But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.

(Here Christ is saying all of these things would occur before something else happens.)

Mar 13:24 But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, (Revelation 6:12)

Mar 13:25 And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken. (Revelation 6:13)

Mar 13:26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.

(Here again we find the Second Coming of Christ.)

The disciples asked Jesus two questions at the beginning of Matthew chapter 24.

Mat 24:2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

Mat 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

When will the temple stones be thrown down?

What will be the sign of thy coming?

Luke 21:24 is the dividing line between these two questions in Luke's Gospel.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Razare

God gave me a throne
Nov 20, 2014
✟10,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Promised to Israel:
The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me,
because the Lord has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners,
2 to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor

Christ stops speaking here, and stops quoting Isaiah.

Promised to Israel:
and the day of vengeance of our God,

Christians did not become Israel, because Israel is not what a Christian would ever want to be!!!

We are like Abraham, and he is our Father. The Father of Israel is Jacob, who was named Israel.

Abraham was promised stars, and then Jacob was promised dust. Christians are the stars, Jews are the dust of the Earth, which is dead.

The Bible is not 1 thing, but several things happening. It centers around Jesus, but Jesus is not 1 thing. Jesus is wisdom. Jesus is truth and life. Jesus is a lamb, and Jesus is a lion. Jesus is our morning star.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Christians did not become Israel, because Israel is not what a Christian would ever want to be!!!

The New Covenant was promised to Israel in Jeremiah 31:31-34.
It is found fulfilled in Hebrews 8:6-13.
The first members of the New Covenant were Israelites.

Act 2:14 But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:

Act 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

The Gentiles were grafted in among the Israelite branches of the Olive Tree, which is a symbol of the New Covenant Church of Christ.

Those Israelites who rejected Christ were broken off of the Olive Tree and may only be grafted back in through faith in Christ.

Upvote 0

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Enemies of Dispensationalism are constantly insisting either that the ancient promises to Israel, which fill the prophetic scriptures, were fulfilled in ancient times, or that they were actually speaking symbolically of the church.
Enemies of Dispensationalism are probably anti-Semitic at heart. Why else would they object to the redemption and restoration of Israel (not the modern secular Zionist state but the kingdom of Israel under Christ and David)?. Once you get on the *symbolic* bandwagon, you can make Scripture say just about anything you please.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The first members of the New Covenant were Israelites.
That is true. At the same time the majority of the Church (redeemed Jews and Gentiles in one Body) is Gentile. But once the fulness of the Gentiles be come in, then God will resume His direct dealings with Israel (Jacob) and fulfil His promises within the Abrahamic and Davidic Covenants. This is only after the Second Coming of Christ.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Enemies of Dispensationalism are probably anti-Semitic at heart. Why else would they object to the redemption ans restoration of Israel (not the modern secular Zionist state but the kingdom of Israel under Christ and David)?. Once you get of the *symbolic* bandwagon, you can make Scripture say just about anything you please.

In other words, you are saying anyone who opposes John Darby's doctrine is a Jew hater...

For example, those of us who fund organizations like "Jews for Jesus" on a monthly basis...

And those of us who love the Jewish people enough to tell them they are lost without Christ...

God is not now a respecter of persons, based on race.

The middle wall of separation between all bloodlines of people was broken down at the Cross.

The only way of salvation now is by being grafted into the Olive Tree of Romans chapter 11, which is a symbol of the New Covenant Church.

The time of the Gentiles ends at the Second Coming of Christ, as revealed by the text below.

Luk 21:25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

Luk 21:26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

Luk 21:27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

Last edited:
Upvote 0