BeStill&Know

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
✟68,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I personally havent had any dreams concerning this, but have seen many testimonies that it is occuring
There are many conversions videos on YouTube both of Jews and Muslims.
This one is on the YouTube Channel "One For Israel"
There are other channels for Muslims conversions, which IMO seems more dramatic.

Upvote 0

BeStill&Know

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
✟68,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes. I am a "Cessationist".

This would require a long reply and I do not like to do those. I will however tell you to read 1 Corth. 13:8-11. You then will have to decide what the "Perfect One" is.

Now, Greek grammar says that the phrase "Perfect One" is in the neuter which means it can only be a "thing" and not a "person".

Now we can debate back and forth of what WE think but please know that GRAMMAR can not be changed. It is what it is whther we like it or not.

Now having said that, how many "Perfect ones" do you know of????
How many PERFECT THINGS are there?

Most everyone will say Jesus. But the Greek grammar will not allow that to be the answer.
So what does that leave?........The Bible, the inerrant Word of God".

If that is the case, then the sign gifts given to the apostles would have ended when the Bible was canonized. The only ones who had the "SIGN GIFTS" were the apostles.

Please read Mark 16:14-18.

Now, how many people do you see there that Jesus is talking to?
Who did He give the "Sign Gifts" to?

You have decide what the Scriptures say to you. They say to me that 11 men were told that they would have the ability to do wonderful things as they went into the world to spread the gospel.

The Bible then says to me that when the "Perfect One", Gods Word is finished and canonized those gifts will no longer be needed so they came to and end.

The fact I have found in my studies is that there is NO Bible record of any Apostolic succession at all. It is just not there. Most of us want it to be there because it gives us the feeling of being used by God in a special way, but in this case, the Scriptures do not support such a thinking.
1. To everyone on this thread, I am not ignoring any of you. I have not gotten any email notifications from replies to this thread since Sunday, so I didn't check this one thread.
2. To Major1, I know of this belief. I will reply hopefully reply in a couple of days when there's more time, and verses.
Until then "Be Blessed" and maybe the thing is the New Jerusalem and the New Earth, if they are not perfect THINGS then what would be the point in having any hope for them????

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
1. To everyone on this thread, I am not ignoring any of you. I have not gotten any email notifications from replies to this thread since Sunday, so I didn't check this one thread.
2. To Major1, I know of this belief. I will reply hopefully reply in a couple of days when there's more time, and verses.
Until then "Be Blessed" and maybe the thing is the New Jerusalem and the New Earth, if they are not perfect THINGS then what would be the point in having any hope for them????

You may in fact be correct in that comment. I have in fact heard that argument many times.
But again, the way Paul worded this and employs the "Neuter" in the original Greek grammar he does not contemplate any individuals. Again.....it appears that he is referring to a THING which is "Completed".

IF we accept that it is the New Heaven and the New Earth, there will be people involved in them, living in them and so forth. For that reason it does not seem likely to me that the New Heaven and New Jerusalem are in view.

Hey, I am not expert in any way whatsoever. I am just an old country boy from the hills of NA.

Upvote 0

BeStill&Know

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
✟68,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You may in fact be correct in that comment. I have in fact heard that argument many times.
But again, the way Paul worded this and employs the "Neuter" in the original Greek grammar he does not contemplate any individuals. Again.....it appears that he is referring to a THING which is "Completed".

IF we accept that it is the New Heaven and the New Earth, there will be people involved in them, living in them and so forth. For that reason it does not seem likely to me that the New Heaven and New Jerusalem are in view.

Hey, I am not expert in any way whatsoever. I am just an old country boy from the hills of NA.
Just peeking in, before it's sleep time. I'm an old city girl from Houston, Texas, with a country heart. I never liked the city. Thank God I'm out now.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Just peeking in, before it's sleep time. I'm an old city girl from Houston, Texas, with a country heart. I never liked the city. Thank God I'm out now.

I hear you! For my wife and I.........8 PM is late!

Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Anyone having dreams concerning tribulation or end times ?
Perry Stone said his ministry gets various writings from his viewers which are alike to the ones he has. A confirmation of sorts.
I had a dream many years ago about the rapture.
Like was written, blink of a eye quick.
But before I saw it happen, there was a sea of people as far as could be seen looking in the direction of a loud horse neighing(?) In horror, they turned running and screaming as they tried to get away from the horse and his rider.

I had many before God transformed my life. The last one was just as real, as real life. An apocalyptic vision/dream of the entire world's end. Very vivid, very real, very detailed, as if I were observing from a bird's eye view and all my senses were percieving everything. I try not to share it unless otherwise instructed or asked. Some things may be best for prophets to keep to themselves if they are not clearly outlined according to Scripture.

• Agree
Reactions: BeStill&Know
Upvote 0

BeStill&Know

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
✟68,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I had many before God transformed my life. The last one was just as real, as real life. An apocalyptic vision/dream of the entire world's end. Very vivid, very real, very detailed, as if I were observing from a bird's eye view and all my senses were percieving everything. I try not to share it unless otherwise instructed or asked. Some things may be best for prophets to keep to themselves if they are not clearly outlined according to Scripture.
Yeah! I know what you mean. Some dreams like my Rapture dream, are like that.
The last one I had, I sense the Lord does not want me to share, at least at this time. My dreams of this type do not contridict scripture.
In this post i forgot to say when Jesus took me, i protested "I am not ready" and gave Him a list of reasons, of which He ignored, saying He loved me anyway. i had that dream many years ago when I was a young believer. Now, today I am not perfect, but I am ready. The list I gave Jesus, why i was not ready, He has Helped me OVERCOME! HalleluJay:amen::bow::clap::ebil::wave::oldthumbsup:
Please feel free "if the Lord gives permission" to share the ones that are outlined in scripture, and helped change you., for the better.:oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

BeStill&Know

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
✟68,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

This would require a long reply and I do not like to do those. I will however tell you to read 1 Corth. 13:8-11. You then will have to decide what the "Perfect One" is.

Now, Greek grammar says that the phrase "Perfect One" is in the neuter which means it can only be a "thing" and not a "person".

Now we can debate back and forth of what WE think but please know that GRAMMAR can not be changed. It is what it is whther we like it or not.

Now having said that, how many "Perfect ones" do you know of????
How many PERFECT THINGS are there?

Most everyone will say Jesus. But the Greek grammar will not allow that to be the answer.
So what does that leave?........The Bible, the inerrant Word of God".

If that is the case, then the sign gifts given to the apostles would have ended when the Bible was canonized. The only ones who had the "SIGN GIFTS" were the apostles.

Please read Mark 16:14-18.

Now, how many people do you see there that Jesus is talking to?
Who did He give the "Sign Gifts" to?

You have decide what the Scriptures say to you. They say to me that 11 men were told that they would have the ability to do wonderful things as they went into the world to spread the gospel.

The Bible then says to me that when the "Perfect One", Gods Word is finished and canonized those gifts will no longer be needed so they came to and end.

The fact I have found in my studies is that there is NO Bible record of any Apostolic succession at all. It is just not there. Most of us want it to be there because it gives us the feeling of being used by God in a special way, but in this case, the Scriptures do not support such a thinking.
I'm so ignorant I've never heard the word Cessationist :scratch:
I thought you meant to say sinsationist ^_^ and mis-spelled it. I Googled it, learn something new every day.:oldthumbsup:
For others here as ignorant as I am, it means one who believes the Gifts of the Holy Spirit ended with the Apostles.
read 1 Corth. 13:8-11. You then will have to decide what the "Perfect One" is.
8 All the special gifts and powers from God will someday come to an end, but love goes on forever. Someday prophecy and speaking in unknown languages and special knowledge—these gifts will disappear. 9 Now we know so little, even with our special gifts, and the preaching of those most gifted is still so poor. 10 But when we have been made perfect and complete, then the need for these inadequate special gifts will come to an end, and they will disappear.

Major1, could you give us the version you are using?
I read "The Word Bible" which is a paraphrase, not word for word version, so it's an easy to read version but not for in-depth study.

The only ones who had the "SIGN GIFTS" were the apostles.
Yes, they were. According to Merriam Webster
Origin and Etymology of apostle
Middle English, from Anglo-French & Old English; Anglo-French apostle & Old English apostol, both from Late Latin apostolus, from Greek apostolos, from apostellein to send away, from apo- + stellein to send
In my puny mind the word apostle means to send away, or to send.
So we today would say, I apostle my teenager to buy milk eggs and bread on his way home from school.
As you can tell I was not raised in Church...:sorry:

I did. What do you make of this verse?
Mark 9:38-40
38 John, told him one day, “Teacher, we saw a man using your name to cast out demons; but we told him not to, for he isn’t one of our group.”(((note: he is not a apostle)))
39 “Don’t forbid him!” Jesus said. “For no one doing miracles in my name will quickly turn against me.a]">[a] 40 Anyone who isn’t against us is for us.

"Perfect One", Gods Word is finished and canonized those gifts will no longer be needed so they came to and end.

I agree there may come a time when these Holy Spirit Gifts are retracted from His Children. Honestly, it doesn't make sense to me and there are no actually references that state when they were revoked.
I will do a study later on , on the word Perfect and post my findings.
I do remember a statement by Jesus
Mark 6:5
5 And because of their unbelief Jesus couldn’t do any mighty miracles among them except to place his hands on a few sick people and heal them.

In research I saw that cess's. believe according to gotquestions.org

The biblical record shows that miracles occurred during particular periods for the specific purpose of authenticating a new message from God. Moses was enabled to perform miracles to authenticate his ministry before Pharaoh (Exodus 4:1-8). Elijah was given miracles to authenticate his ministry before Ahab (1 Kings 17:1; 18:24). The apostles were given miracles to authenticate their ministry before Israel (Acts 4:10, 16).

Jesus’ ministry was also marked by miracles, which the Apostle John calls “signs” (John 2:11). John’s point is that the miracles were proofs of the authenticity of Jesus’ message...............................................................

The above all makes sense to me, but also "lack of faith", and does a Bridegroom retract Gifts He has given to His Bride, makes sense to me also.

I conclude by adding my Thread was not place in a Theological forum, and I believe as I know you do as well, our focus as Christians, is The Word of God, and LOVE
1 Corinthians 13
13 If I had the gift of being able to speak in other languages without learning them and could speak in every language there is in all of heaven and earth, but didn’t love others, I would only be making noise. 2 If I had the gift of prophecy and knew all about what is going to happen in the future, knew everything about everything, but didn’t love others, what good would it do? Even if I had the gift of faith so that I could speak to a mountain and make it move, I would still be worth nothing at all without love. 3 If I gave everything I have to poor people, and if I were burned alive for preaching the Gospel but didn’t love others, it would be of no value whatever.
8 All the special gifts and powers from God will someday come to an end, but love goes on forever. Someday prophecy and speaking in unknown languages and special knowledge—these gifts will disappear. 9 Now we know so little, even with our special gifts, and the preaching of those most gifted is still so poor. 10 But when we have been made perfect and complete, then the need for these inadequate special gifts will come to an end, and they will disappear.

11 It’s like this: when I was a child I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child does. But when I became a man my thoughts grew far beyond those of my childhood, and now I have put away the childish things. 12 In the same way, we can see and understand only a little about God now, as if we were peering at his reflection in a poor mirror; but someday we are going to see him in his completeness, face-to-face. Now all that I know is hazy and blurred, but then I will see everything clearly, just as clearly as God sees into my heart right now.

13 There are three things that remain—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love.:amen:

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm so ignorant I've never heard the word Cessationist :scratch:
I thought you meant to say sinsationist ^_^ and mis-spelled it. I Googled it, learn something new every day.:oldthumbsup:
For others here as ignorant as I am, it means one who believes the Gifts of the Holy Spirit ended with the Apostles.

Major1, could you give us the version you are using?
I read "The Word Bible" which is a paraphrase, not word for word version, so it's an easy to read version but not for in-depth study.

Yes, they were. According to Merriam Webster
Origin and Etymology of apostle
Middle English, from Anglo-French & Old English; Anglo-French apostle & Old English apostol, both from Late Latin apostolus, from Greek apostolos, from apostellein to send away, from apo- + stellein to send
In my puny mind the word apostle means to send away, or to send.
So we today would say, I apostle my teenager to buy milk eggs and bread on his way home from school.
As you can tell I was not raised in Church...:sorry:

I did. What do you make of this verse?
Mark 9:38-40
38 John, told him one day, “Teacher, we saw a man using your name to cast out demons; but we told him not to, for he isn’t one of our group.”(((note: he is not a apostle)))
39 “Don’t forbid him!” Jesus said. “For no one doing miracles in my name will quickly turn against me.a]">[a] 40 Anyone who isn’t against us is for us.

I agree there may come a time when these Holy Spirit Gifts are retracted from His Children. Honestly, it doesn't make sense to me and there are no actually references that state when they were revoked.
I will do a study later on , on the word Perfect and post my findings.
I do remember a statement by Jesus
Mark 6:5
5 And because of their unbelief Jesus couldn’t do any mighty miracles among them except to place his hands on a few sick people and heal them.

In research I saw that cess's. believe according to gotquestions.org

The biblical record shows that miracles occurred during particular periods for the specific purpose of authenticating a new message from God. Moses was enabled to perform miracles to authenticate his ministry before Pharaoh (Exodus 4:1-8). Elijah was given miracles to authenticate his ministry before Ahab (1 Kings 17:1; 18:24). The apostles were given miracles to authenticate their ministry before Israel (Acts 4:10, 16).

Jesus’ ministry was also marked by miracles, which the Apostle John calls “signs” (John 2:11). John’s point is that the miracles were proofs of the authenticity of Jesus’ message...............................................................

The above all makes sense to me, but also "lack of faith", and does a Bridegroom retract Gifts He has given to His Bride, makes sense to me also.

I conclude by adding my Thread was not place in a Theological forum, and I believe as I know you do as well, our focus as Christians, is The Word of God, and LOVE
1 Corinthians 13
13 If I had the gift of being able to speak in other languages without learning them and could speak in every language there is in all of heaven and earth, but didn’t love others, I would only be making noise. 2 If I had the gift of prophecy and knew all about what is going to happen in the future, knew everything about everything, but didn’t love others, what good would it do? Even if I had the gift of faith so that I could speak to a mountain and make it move, I would still be worth nothing at all without love. 3 If I gave everything I have to poor people, and if I were burned alive for preaching the Gospel but didn’t love others, it would be of no value whatever.

11 It’s like this: when I was a child I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child does. But when I became a man my thoughts grew far beyond those of my childhood, and now I have put away the childish things. 12 In the same way, we can see and understand only a little about God now, as if we were peering at his reflection in a poor mirror; but someday we are going to see him in his completeness, face-to-face. Now all that I know is hazy and blurred, but then I will see everything clearly, just as clearly as God sees into my heart right now.

13 There are three things that remain—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love.:amen:

It is an honor to speak with you sister. You have posted a long comment with many questions so give me a little time here to respond.

It would be a whole lot better for YOU if you asked ONE thing at a time. I can then speak with you in depth and satisfy your mind and then move on to something else.

Now.....you are NOT ignorant! There may be somethings you have not been exposed to or taught, but you are not ignorant.

I usually use the New King James or the EVS but in fact all translations say about the same thing on this subject.

Your thinking of an Apostle is pretty much correct. It is one who is sent on a mission: specifically in the Bible as one of an authoritative New Testament group sent out to preach the gospel and made up especially of Christ's 12 original disciples and Paul.

Now as you study and look at web sites and books I want you to understand that what I say to you will be from the Bible. You will read the comments of men and you must always balance those words with what is found in the Scriptures. Many will say that we have apostles today so that they can speak in tongues and claim miracles based on that opinion. But again....what do the Scriptures actually say?????

Here is one of the reasons why there can not be apostles today. An Apostle had to have seen Jesus personally.

In Acts 10:39-40 (EVS)Peter said...........
We are witnesses of everything Jesus did in the country of the Jews and in Jerusalem. They killed him by hanging him on a tree, but God raised him from the dead on the third day and caused him to be seen” .

IN 1 Corinthians 9:1 (ESV) Paul said.......

"Am I not free? Am I not an apostle? Have I not seen Jesus our Lord? Are not you my workmanship in the Lord?"

So we see clearly that the Apostles SAW Jesus. There were originally 12, Judas killed himself and God replaced him with Paul and met him on the road to Damascus. Again, many people will say all kinds of things but the plain fact is that there is No biblical evidence exists to indicate that these thirteen apostles were replaced when they died. NO NOT ONE SINGLE VERSE!

Now as for Mark 9:38-40...........That which is done in the name of Jesus cannot be denied by any follower. However, the label of "Jesus" is put on a lot these days on things that are not actually "in His name".

Personally I think that the lesson here to be learned is that all Christians should be carful believing those who use the phrase..."In Jesus name". We must always guard against false teaching and the phrase "In Jesus name" is not some kind of magic potion to be used to get what we want.

"gotquestions.org" is a very good web site and I would recommend it to you.

Then you stated.........
"I agree there may come a time when these Holy Spirit Gifts are retracted from His Children. Honestly, it doesn't make sense to me and there are no actually references that state when they were revoked."

IMO, God did give the reference to end the "sign gifts". He did that in 1 Corth. 13 and said when the PEERFECT ONE comes, then the temporary things/gifts will CEASE! That Perfect Thing was in fact the Written Word of God. When it was finished by the Apostle John, the Word of God was completed and John died.

In every instance, the sign gifts were a confirmation of God's message and messenger, in order that people might hear and believe. Once the message was confirmed, the signs faded away. We typically don't need those signs to be repeated in our lives, but we do need to receive the same gospel message.

I hope I have been of some help to you.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Brother........there are NO prophets today.

Prophets spoke for God. God has given us His written Word and it tells us what we need to know, not a prophet.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BeStill&Know

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
✟68,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It is an honor to speak with you sister.
Now as you study and look at web sites and books I want you to understand that what I say to you will be from the Bible. You will read the comments of men and you must always balance those words with what is found in the Scriptures. Many will say that we have apostles today so that they can speak in tongues and claim miracles based on that opinion. But again....what do the Scriptures actually say?????

Here is one of the reasons why there can not be apostles today. An Apostle had to have seen Jesus personally.

We are witnesses of everything Jesus did in the country of the Jews and in Jerusalem. They killed him by hanging him on a tree, but God raised him from the dead on the third day and caused him to be seen” .

"Am I not free? Am I not an apostle? Have I not seen Jesus our Lord? Are not you my workmanship in the Lord?"

So we see clearly that the Apostles SAW Jesus. There were originally 12, Judas killed himself and God replaced him with Paul and met him on the road to Damascus. Again, many people will say all kinds of things but the plain fact is that there is No biblical evidence exists to indicate that these thirteen apostles were replaced when they died. NO NOT ONE SINGLE VERSE!

I hope I have been of some help to you.
Thank you kind Sir... It is un-usual for me to reply with such long post.
Sorry :sigh: I blame it on blood sugar .............
I've always been very weary of persons who took on Gift titles, after experiencing that most were false.
Love is the greatest sign of one who Imitates Christ.
I'll continue addressing in another post to simplify.
Yes, you are very helpful. I've learned something new, which I love to do. May the Lord Bless you and your beautiful family :amen:

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Major1
Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you kind Sir... It is un-usual for me to reply with such long post.
Sorry :sigh: I blame it on blood sugar .............
I've always been very weary of persons who took on Gift titles, after experiencing that most were false.
Love is the greatest sign of one who Imitates Christ.
I'll continue addressing in another post to simplify.
Yes, you are very helpful. I've learned something new, which I love to do. May the Lord Bless you and your beautiful family :amen:

I have the same problem with blood sugar. My problem is when it drops not when it rises, but that is just me.

Thank you for the compliment!

The long reply's are not really a problem for most, it is just for me. I tend to lose focus and wander from one thing to another without completely addressing each one properly. But again, that is just me.

And may the Lord bless you as well and I pray that you will continue to grow in knowledge and grace.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BeStill&Know

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
✟68,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sorry. Did type out a reply under your thread, then saw it is only
for those that believe in a pre-trib rapture. Have been post-trib clear
back even at 15 years old.
OK, I see. There are good arguments for all beliefs, many believe that after the pre-trib. others will become believers and go throu the tribulation. They are all interesting. Personally IMO our focus should be upon "being spiritually ready" as noted in many other verses, in the other books(letters)"whichever" version is true.

• Agree
Reactions: Major1
Upvote 0

BeStill&Know

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
✟68,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Hi again, another Blessed Day over here, hope the same for you. Please note: I've edited much on your post reply up there and part of my verses that did not pertain, to this reply.
I understand. Here is something to through out there.
You could make a Thread on this Topic .....
Because Apostleship, Prophets and the other Gifts are no longer with us, then that includes Teachers ?
and Helps, and those with the gift of administration?
1 Corinthians 12:28
And God has appointed these in the church: first apostles, second prophets, third teachers, after that ......................, helps, administrations, ...........
Honestly, I don't know where preaching and teaching ends, as those I listen to, do both at the same time.
Now as for Mark 9:38-40...........That which is done in the name of Jesus cannot be denied by any follower. The label of "Jesus" is put on a lot these days on things that are not actually "in His name".

Personally I think that the lesson here to be learned is that all Christians should be carful believing those who use the phrase..."In Jesus name". We must always guard against false teaching and the phrase "In Jesus name" is not some kind of magic potion to be used to get what we want.
Hallelujah,, brother, we are on the same page here, "In Jesus Name" is used by so many today, like rubbing a Jennie bottle so all you wishes come true.
But we lovingly should show them the truth as Jesus would, point a Lamp and a Light to their feet, God's Word.

I just thought of something, could the "Perfect Thing" be instead, "Face to Face encounter with Jesus"?
1 Corinthians 13
8 .....prophecies, will pass away; ............................ 9 ................... 10 but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. ................................ 12 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face.

This makes sense because it seems Paul is connecting the gifts as needed at that time, because they were and always will be as immature as children in understanding.
Paul's concludes :
verse 12 Now, I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.
I believe Paul is referring to the Father, and Jesus.
his statement :"then I shall know fully" doesn't that mean he shall fully know God as "God fully knows him fully"?
Another good topic for a new Thread. if you decide to start a Thread, let me know, friend.:wave::amen:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Krikey

Mar 27, 2014
sellersville,pa
✟15,611.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would caution you and everyone to be very leary of believing in dreams. Dreams are very subjective and usually result from medication and certain foods you have eaten and stress during an active day. The body shuts down but the brain keeps on working and thinking.

I would advise a deeper reading of the written Word of God.

I Agree that we should always be cautious about dreams. It can be very difficult to know if it's a dream or something more because there are so many variables. But if you have a history of having dreams which come true, pray to God and trust the Holy Spirit to know the truth of the ones that haven't come true yet.

Upvote 0

Krikey

Mar 27, 2014
sellersville,pa
✟15,611.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are NOT jus an old house wife my child!!! YOU are a child of the most High God!!!

Now don't you ever forget that!

Now the reason I tell you that dreams are not to be trusted in anyway is because the Word of God tells us that.

Hebrews 1:1-2.........
"In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe."

God has spoken to man through dreams in times paste. But those were "Prophets".

Those days are PAST. Not because I say so but the Bible says so. "IN THE PAST GOD SOPKE TO OUR ANCESTORS THROUGH THE PROPHETS."

But today, now He has spoken to us through His Son the Lord Jesus Christ.

Now consider 2 Tim. 3:16.........
"All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness."

There it is!!! Scripture is the final Word of God. The written Word of God we find in the Bible is what the Lord Jesus has given to use through the writings of the Apostles who in fact became the Prophets of the New Test.

That means God is NOT speaking to us in dreams today. Do we have dreams? Of course we do!

But they are not the result of God trying to communicate to us. We talk to God through prayer and He talks to us through His written Word.

My dear sister, dreams are YOUR mind still working while you are asleep. The mind can be tricky and confusing which is why some many people take anti-depressants.
W

In reading this I remembered the verse from Acts 2:17 "And in the last days it shall be, God declares, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams."

We cannot fully discredit dreams. The holy spirit will be poured out on us in the end times. But I encourage everyone who has dreams to pray for discernment and guidance from the Holy Spirit. Understand that satan "prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour,"(1Pet 5:8) and if you are not always returning your questions to God and staying sure-footed in the Word, then you are open for dinner. If God wants you to know something, He will guide you. Read your scriptures and ask Him.

Upvote 0