Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That's not what Hebrews 2 teaches.

I don't see your objection.

Just because the chapter mentions "angels" doesn't mean it is about angels. Indeed, I would argue that the chapter proves me right, for Christ has all things in subjection to Him.

That would seem to imply that His blood covers all.

Upvote 0

Hentenza

I will fear no evil for You are with me
Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't see your objection.

Just because the chapter mentions "angels" doesn't mean it is about angels. Indeed, I would argue that the chapter proves me right, for Christ has all things in subjection to Him.

That would seem to imply that His blood covers all.

Why does Christ not give any aid to the angels but only to the seed of Abraham?

Upvote 0

PaladinValer

Traditional Orthodox Anglican
Apr 7, 2004
Myrtle Beach, SC
✟30,305.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Why does Christ not give any aid to the angels but only to the seed of Abraham?

That isn't what verse 16 is about. It deals with Incarnation, as He had to do such not out of the benefit of angels but with material creations.

Upvote 0

Hentenza

I will fear no evil for You are with me
Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That isn't what verse 16 is about. It deals with Incarnation, as He had to do such not out of the benefit of angels but with material creations.

That is not what verses 17 and 18 depict.

Upvote 0
C

Ch0rax

I tend to think that it has more to do with the demons, having full knowledge of God and His glory, and then wilfully choosing to rebel in full knowledge is why God would never "save" them. Compare this with mankind's fall. We did not have the full knowledge of God's glory, only seeing part of who He was, we did not have full knowledge of right or wrong, etc., etc. that the demons had, and so God, being merciful and just, decided to give mankind a second chance.

In a sense we rebelled out of ignorance and vanity. Eve was deceived, and God only knows why Adam ate the forbidden fruit. Our ancestors were created in a state of innocence, unlike the demons. We cannot be held accountable on the same level as the demons, and so God does not treat us like them.

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear itisdeliciouscake. God did not create Satan, Satan is everything but Love, God is Love. Satan does not want redemption, he wants nothing to do with love. Satan`s followers are like their master, absolutely devoid of Love in any form. Man is selfish, that is why we are on Earth, to repent, to exchange our selfishness for love. 1) Love God with all our being, and love our neighbour, all others, as we love ourselves. I say this humbly and with love, and send greetings. Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Polycarp1

Born-again Liberal Episcopalian
Sep 4, 2003
USA
✟25,875.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Are the angels material?

Interesting question. Traditional understanding is that they are purely spirit -- but they interact with the physical world as if (more or less) human in some Biblical accounts (Jacob wrestling, the two emissaries to Sodom, etc.). Some writers have assumed -- with what Scriptural basis I cannot see -- that they are able to take on physical form when their mission from God calls for it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.