jenny1972

we are not all knowing
Oct 12, 2012
✟18,139.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You have doubt here simply means you have not enough faith in Him.

i have a LOT of faith in God , less faith in the humans who put together the Bible but absolute faith in God . its all apart of His plan for humanity even if we dont understand it we will someday .

Upvote 0

Hawkins

Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2005
Canada
✟237,544.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i have a LOT of faith in God , less faith in the humans who put together the Bible but absolute faith in God . its all apart of His plan for humanity even if we dont understand it we will someday .

The point is, without the Bible you have no way to get a picture about who Christ is. The New Covenant is all about Faith in Jesus Christ. And Jesus Christ demands that you follow his teaching till you are holy. If you have no faith in what is said by the Bible you have no way to follow His teaching to fulfill the requirements of the New Covenant.

To trust the Bible and being guided by the Holy Spirit to understand what is said could be the only way to draw you near God and Christ.

Upvote 0

jenny1972

we are not all knowing
Oct 12, 2012
✟18,139.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The point is, without the Bible you have no way to get a picture about who Christ is. The New Covenant is all about Faith in Jesus Christ. And Jesus Christ demands that you follow his teaching till you are holy. If you have no faith in what is said by the Bible you have no way to follow His teaching to fulfill the requirements of the New Covenant.

To trust the Bible and being guided by the Holy Spirit to understand what is said could be the only way to draw you near God and Christ.

God is able to give me , and everyone else , directly all Jesus teachings and truth its not necessary to read it anywhere

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Mark 11:24: " Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. "

Jesus probably thought it superfluous to add that any requests of yours will be put through the filter of God's will. To take an extreme example, if you asked for somebody, with whom you had just had a blazing row, to be struck down dead, that prayer is unlikely to receive an affirmative answer.

Jesus says, " I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these " yet believers and those who have faith cannot walk on water or do any of the things that Jesus was able to do, so this is a promise that has not come to pass .

You seem to understand "greater things" to mean an ability to perform party tricks, such as walking on water, rather than the bringing of billions of people to Christ; Which of those two things do you suppose that God would regard as the greater work?

Also Jesus told His deciples that "For the Son of Man is going to come with his angels in the glory of his Father, and then he will repay each person according to what he has done. Assuredly, I say to you, there are some standing here who shall not taste death till they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom." Matthew 16:27-28 , suggesting it seems that Gods Kingdom would come in their lifetime (for some of them) , which also did not come to pass.

It is scarcely a coincidence that those verses immediately precede the Transfiguration, when some of those standing there did see Christ in his glory.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hospes

Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Arizona
Visit site
✟48,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God is able to give me , and everyone else , directly all Jesus teachings and truth its not necessary to read it anywhere
Just curious: have you some teachings from Jesus not found in the Bible?

Upvote 0

Hawkins

Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2005
Canada
✟237,544.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

He can. But that's not how faith works. Faith works when a witness from God writes down his witnessing about God for you to believe. That's the faith required by the covenant. God will directly give you His teachings all the times only when you are one like Moses. In that case, you are a chosen witness of God.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Mark 11:24: " Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. "

In John 14:12-14 we find the same thing:
" I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it. "

Jesus says, " I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these " yet believers and those who have faith cannot walk on water or do any of the things that Jesus was able to do, so this is a promise that has not come to pass .

And when Jesus says, "ask anything in my name, and I will do it," this also is not true. Jesus does not just say it once. He says the same thing several times ...

In Matthew 7:7: "Ask, and it will be given to you." In Matthew 17:20: "Nothing will be impossible for you." In Matthew 21:21: "If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer."

we can not do the things that Jesus did or greater things , and we cannot receive whatever we ask for in prayer . His deciples could not then and neither can believers today. so i was just wondering what people thought about these promises that have over time proven to be untrue .

Also Jesus told His deciples that "For the Son of Man is going to come with his angels in the glory of his Father, and then he will repay each person according to what he has done. Assuredly, I say to you, there are some standing here who shall not taste death till they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom." Matthew 16:27-28 , suggesting it seems that Gods Kingdom would come in their lifetime (for some of them) , which also did not come to pass.
Our little or lack of true faith is why these promises don't come true. Remember when Jesus told his disciples why they could not expel a particular demon, it was due to their "little faith" Jesus said...

So it is due to a lack of faith that these promises don't come true.

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I know there are billions of self-identified Christians, but I am more interested in the number of those who are truly Christian and not just going through the motions, or confused what it means to be Christian.

The number is inflated due to inaccuracies and inability to account for who is and is not a "true" Christian, as in, following Christ and God's Will, the Bible, blah blah blah. You get what I'm saying here, yeah?

I was addressing the OP.

Upvote 0

jenny1972

we are not all knowing
Oct 12, 2012
✟18,139.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
He can. But that's not how faith works. Faith works when a witness from God writes down his witnessing about God for you to believe. That's the faith required by the covenant. God will directly give you His teachings all the times only when you are one like Moses. In that case, you are a chosen witness of God.

i have a pen and a notebook , i can easily write down anything God chooses to inspire me with :) but i dont think writing is necessary although keeping a diary can help a person remember . its not necessary to have faith in other people if you have a relationship with God if God wants me to know something He will tell me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jenny1972

we are not all knowing
Oct 12, 2012
✟18,139.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Our little or lack of true faith is why these promises don't come true. Remember when Jesus told his disciples why they could not expel a particular demon, it was due to their "little faith" Jesus said...

So it is due to a lack of faith that these promises don't come true.

God Bless!

thats terrible for you to suggest that -

what about parents whos children die of illness despite them praying with absolute faith some people have so much faith in fact they dont take the children they love more than anything to the doctor and have faith that God will heal that is intense faith in God and then their child dies . so your saying its the parents fault a child dies because their faith wasnt strong enough?

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

what about parents whos children die of illness despite them praying with absolute faith some people have so much faith in fact they dont take the children they love more than anything to the doctor and have faith that God will heal that is intense faith in God and then their child dies . so your saying its the parents fault a child dies because their faith wasnt strong enough?
Sometimes with God, the answer is No, God has a higher purpose in mind or something...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

ISTANDBYJESUS

Joseph Melo
Sep 21, 2014
Heaven: in the Spirit of Christ
✟791.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

" I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it. "

And when Jesus says, "ask anything in my name, and I will do it," this also is not true. Jesus does not just say it once. He says the same thing several times ...

In Matthew 7:7: "Ask, and it will be given to you." In Matthew 17:20: "Nothing will be impossible for you." In Matthew 21:21: "If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer."

we can not do the things that Jesus did or greater things , and we cannot receive whatever we ask for in prayer . His deciples could not then and neither can believers today. so i was just wondering what people thought about these promises that have over time proven to be untrue .

Matthew 16:28King James Version (KJV)
28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

The death he is referring to is the second, damnation: which will happen after unbelievers are raised up from the dead.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hawkins

Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2005
Canada
✟237,544.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i have a pen and a notebook , i can easily write down anything God chooses to inspire me with :) but i dont think writing is necessary although keeping a diary can help a person remember . its not necessary to have faith in other people if you have a relationship with God if God wants me to know something He will tell me.

On the other hand, that could be your own delusion if you are not authenticated as a witness. If you don't trust the Bible, how can you be able to know who God is?

That question actually boils down to which God are you believing now?

You won't be able to have an answer to this question without referencing the Bible.

Upvote 0

roman2819

Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2012
Singapore
✟208,448.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It is difficult to answer Jenny's questions in a few words. What she said has been asked by many Christians before. I will begin by saying that some of the verses are NOT promises.

When God gave the Covenant to Abraham, it was a promise. When God promised the Jews that after 70 years in exile, He would bring them back, it was a promise. But not every verse about prayer was a promise.

Upvote 0

jenny1972

we are not all knowing
Oct 12, 2012
✟18,139.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
On the other hand, that could be your own delusion if you are not authenticated as a witness. If you don't trust the Bible, how can you be able to know who God is?

That question actually boils down to which God are you believing now?

You won't be able to have an answer to this question without referencing the Bible.

you dont believe you have a relationship with God ?

Upvote 0

CGL1023

citizen of heaven
Jul 8, 2011
Roswell NM
✟75,781.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

You are stating an opinion that disagrees totally with what the Word of God teaches. If you act on those opinions, you are acting in unbelief and the bible teaches that unbelief is sin and unbelief is evil(Heb 3:12-13). The way to get anything from God is to believe what is written in His Word and act on it in unswerving/unyielding faith. Anything less will not get you anything from God. God has said all that is in His Word and His reputation is on the line every time the Word is acted on in faith. His Word must be true or you would have to call God a liar but that is on thing that God says he cannot do;God cannot lie(Numbers 23:19, Titus 1:2).

I am supposing you are using weak, eQuivocating, short-term faith to get your results. Lack of faith has to be the answer that explains your comments/results.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dcalling

Jan 31, 2014
✟107,345.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

None of us has faith that is strong enough. Even the disciples sometimes encounter illness that they can't cure, and they have to come to Jesus. Paul himself has some illness that God won't taken away.

Also a Pastor told me that for people who live with God's word, God's kingdom already come... Because the word used by Jesus is current, God's kingdom is already here for the people who is ready for it.

Upvote 0