"Pro-Choice" or "Pro-Life"

Which one applies to you?

• Pro-choice

• Pro-life-with exceptions for things like rape,health,ect.

• Pro-life-no exceptions

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NDNgirl4ever

LPN, Vegan Hippie Freak, and Tony Orlando and Dawn
Sep 12, 2004
Florida
Visit site
✟8,598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I was wondering how many people on this board are "pro-choice" and how many are "pro-life" (for lack of better terms). No debating, just state which side you are on. If you are "pro-life", do you believe in exceptions such as rape or health of the woman?

I want to see what side the majority of people are on.

I am pro-choice and proud.

kepha31

Jun 15, 2007
✟44,439.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Use "anti-life" or "pro-death". Using the term "pro-choice" is giving in to the propaganda machine of the culture of death. It is a term they have given themselves to avoid any negative pre-fix. They call us "anti-choice", since pro-death minions want the pro-lifers to have the negative prefix. To alter the truth, they just change the semantics.

No human unborn baby "chooses" to get sucked through a small tube into a jar, or have it's brains punctured by a scalpel as he or she is being born.

The baby has no "choice" whatsoever, and no mother has the right to kill him or her, because it is a separate individual human. Inter-dependent on the mothers body to survive, yes, but still a separate human being.

Upvote 0

b.hopeful

Sharp as a razor, soft as a prayer
Jul 17, 2009
St.Louis metropolitan area
✟18,662.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
EP...do you mean personally prolife but socially/politically prochoice? If so...I think that's the essence of prochoice. Regardless of how you personally feel about abortion you trust women and believe they have the right to make those choices for themselves.

Count me in the unapologetically prochoice category.

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
EP...do you mean personally prolife but socially/politically prochoice? If so...I think that's the essence of prochoice. Regardless of how you personally feel about abortion you trust women and believe they have the right to make those choices for themselves.

Count me in the unapologetically prochoice category.
Thats pretty much it. Anyone wants to know my personal opinion? Fiercely pro life. However, I don't for a moment think my personal opinion, no matter how strong, trumps the opinions of others, even if they happen to disagree.

Upvote 0

kepha31

Jun 15, 2007
✟44,439.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Natural or spontaneous abortion is not murder, but a human still dies, which is God's Sovereign right to take who he wants and when. Not yours, not the mothers, and not your church.

Artificial or spontaneous abortion is the willful intent to end a human life. It is murder, a truth you have been blinded from.

The human family is the closest analogy that mankind will ever come to concretely understanding the Blessed Trinity.

The creeds teach that while there is one God, He exists in three distinct persons. The bible, on the other hand, reveals that man is made in the 'image of God'. From these two truths, therefore, we can acknowledge that the complete image of God is found in the Triune understanding of Him.

This understanding of His Triune nature is reflected by the human family whose personal relationships approach the likeness of the Trinity. There are multiple demonstrations of this truth.

Consider the unity of the Trinity which is reflected in the unity of the family. Or the "family of persons" which is found in both. The persons of the Trinity share the 'same substance ' while a human family becomes one flesh: wife with husband and parents with children.

There is also another element in the Trinity that lends itself to human likeness. The Nicene Creed professes this about the Trinity: "We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life who proceeds from the Father and the Son."

In Christian theology, the Holy Spirit is said to proceed from the will of both the Father and the Son, or in other words, through the activity which they engage in, otherwise known as "love". (almost all denominations refer to or teach from the Council of Nicea re: the Trinity)

The Holy Spirit is poured forth through the exchange of love between the Father and the Son. This is why perhaps Jesus says to the Apostles: " Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you." (John 16:7)

In the eternal economy of the Trinity, therefore, a person 'proceeds' from the love between two other persons. And so, the Holy Spirit is love 'proceeding' or 'coming from' the first two persons of the Blessed Trinity.

The human family has a rather striking parallel to this dynamic. The ultimate act of intimacy in a marriage mirrors the eternal exchange of love between the first two persons of the Trinity.

And like the eternal or continual procession of the Holy Spirit in the Trinity, the act of love between a man and a woman causes a 'procession' of another human person (i.e. the birth of a child).

Thus, it is precisely because the homosexual sex act is not ordered to the procession of another person, that it can never be a Trinitarian reflection of the divine essence.

Indeed, the sexual act itself, which is supposed to be a reflection of the Trinitarian relationship, becomes, through the homosexual act, a blasphemy against God since it ends up distorting the Trinitarian image of Him.

The human sexual act either affirms God's image or it distorts it. This is why all forms of contraceptive sex, including the homosexual act, are serious sins: they seek to create God in another image. It is anti-Trinitarian.

This partially explains why induced abortion is anti-Trinitarian

More later on John 3:16.

Reactions: Protoevangel
Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
So, when God kills a foetus, its OK, but when a human does it, it isn't?

Maybe an obvious question, but, um, since God obviously wants so many foetuses to die anyway, what with natural spontaneous abortion... what makes you so sure artificial abortions aren't equally part of His devine will?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

b.hopeful

Sharp as a razor, soft as a prayer
Jul 17, 2009
St.Louis metropolitan area
✟18,662.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think everyone sees exceptions. What if the mother will die if she continues the pregnancy? That's a life for a life. What if she has young children? What is the best choice in this situation? Granted...those are very very rare cases...but I still think that everyone sees where an exception can be made.

Upvote 0

Glorthac

Jul 12, 2009
✟1,085.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
What does the Bible say? Jeremiah 20:14-18:
Cursed [be] the day wherein I was born: let not the day wherein my mother bare me be blessed.
Cursed [be] the man who brought tidings to my father, saying, A man child is born unto thee; making him very glad.
And let that man be as the cities which the LORD overthrew, and repented not: and let him hear the cry in the morning, and the shouting at noontide;
Because he slew me not from the womb; or that my mother might have been my grave, and her womb [to be] always great [with me].
Wherefore came I forth out of the womb to see labour and sorrow, that my days should be consumed with shame?
Notice the personal pronouns given to the unborn Jeremiah, "me" and "my". This shows that an unborn child is a person. Notice the statement that an unborn child can be killed before birth. This puts the child under the protection of Exodus 20:13, Thou shalt not kill.
Now, what's a liberal's defense? Jeremiah clearly wanted to be aborted. To that I must say, so what? Do our wants give us the right to break God's law? Of course not.
Listen liberals, you can make excuses all you want, but the text clearly shows a fetus is a person. Period.

Upvote 0

kenrapoza

I Like Ice Cream
Aug 20, 2006
Massachusetts
✟11,878.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I voted "Pro-Life with no exceptions". However, I do see an exception when it comes down to either the mother's life or the baby's life. In that situation, the best you can do is save one of the lives and at that point it is up to the parties involved to make the decision they think is right. The reason why I didn't vote the exceptions option in the pole is because it was worded in such a way that implies there are many circumstances where killing the baby is acceptable. I can only think of one, and therefore think that I am fulfilling the "spirit" of the pole by voting "no exceptions."

So obviously, you can count me in the "pro-life" camp.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.