United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
September 22, 2016

Getting things done in Congress is hard enough. But trying to work when one party won't? That's next to impossible. Just ask Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.). The chair of the House Select Investigative Panel on Infant Lives already had her hands full overseeing a congressional investigation into the possible criminal acts of Planned Parenthood in its baby-parts-for-profit scheme. But her job has been made even more difficult -- not just by the uncooperative targets of her probe, but by uncooperative Democrats on the panel as well.

Every single one of the panel's Democratic members walked out -- refusing to hold the tissue procurement company responsible for ignoring the House's subpoena. "They walked out of the hearing today because they can't handle the truth about Planned Parenthood and Stem Express's for-profit business partnership in body parts," David Daleiden said.

See the highlighted links.

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's what you took from the OP? [emoji33]
September 22, 2016

Getting things done in Congress is hard enough. But trying to work when one party won't? That's next to impossible. Just ask Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.). The chair of the House Select Investigative Panel on Infant Lives already had her hands full overseeing a congressional investigation into the possible criminal acts of Planned Parenthood in its baby-parts-for-profit scheme. But her job has been made even more difficult -- not just by the uncooperative targets of her probe, but by uncooperative Democrats on the panel as well.

Every single one of the panel's Democratic members walked out -- refusing to hold the tissue procurement company responsible for ignoring the House's subpoena. "They walked out of the hearing today because they can't handle the truth about Planned Parenthood and Stem Express's for-profit business partnership in body parts," David Daleiden said.

Or...there's this:
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/09/fetal-tissue-contempt-company
Until a year ago, the company partnered with Planned Parenthood, which provided fetal tissue for research that comprises less than 1 percent of the company's business. Following the release last year of surreptitiously recorded videos that purported to show the sale of fetal tissue for profit, StemExpress has been the target of hundreds of threats. StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer has received personal threats, including a $10,000 bounty on her head.

In the wake of the video's release, a congressional subcommittee launched an investigation into whether Planned Parenthood and StemExpress violated a federal statue that bans the sale of fetal tissue for profit. In February, Blackburn sent two letters to the Obama administration that requested further investigation. Those letters were not properly redacted, and the identities of several researchers and Planned Parenthood staffers were made public in attachments that came with the letters and were posted on the Select Investigative Panel's website.

Also in February, the committee issued a subpoena to StemExpress seeking accounting and personnel records. The next month, it issued a subpoena to StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer. Dyer's attorney, Frank Radoslovich, told STAT that Dyer has complied with the subpoena and turned over more than 1,700 pages worth of the requested information, but she is also balancing a need to protect her staff's anonymity in the wake of violent threats.

"We have a real, legitimate interest in protecting the privacy of our employees," Radoslovich told STAT. "We have a panel of zealots that have already proven that they will disclose or mischaracterize documents, or just flat-out make up things and attribute it to us. We can't be put in a position to further endanger employees."

Top Democrats are condemning the actions of the Republicans on the committee. Energy and Commerce ranking member Frank Pallone, Jr. (D-N.J.) wrote a letter to full committee chairman Fred Upton accusing the panel of abusing its power, claiming it does not have the authority to hold anyone in congressional contempt without the full support of the Energy and Commerce Committee.

Ranking member Jan Schakowsky also decried the committee's actions, calling it a sustained "witch hunt."

"The McCarthyesque threat that StemExpress 'name names' of all employees or face congressional contempt is disgraceful," she said in a statement. "We will fight this continued abuse of congressional authority every step of the way."
:wave:
tulc(wonders if it's any use to point out there are actually two sides to this situation?) :scratch:

Upvote 0

MennoSota

Sola Gratia
Dec 11, 2015
US
✟22,574.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
September 22, 2016

Poor lady. It's like hearing after hearing and report after report contradicting her bias is not teaching her.

-- refusing to hold the tissue procurement company responsible for ignoring the House's subpoena. "They walked out of the hearing today because they can't handle the truth about Planned Parenthood and Stem Express's for-profit business partnership in body parts," David Daleiden said.

I wonder if Mr Daleiden asked them why they walked out. Because I'm suspicious that maybe he didn't ask them...

Reactions: MrSpikey
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
tulc(wonders if it's any use to point out there are actually two sides to this situation?) :scratch:

It amazes me how people pretzel themselves to avoid ethical dilemmas.

Human lives are being taken and some wish to applaud the executioners.

So that would be a "No, there's only one side in this situation: the side I like is the only one to consider!!"? :scratch:
tulc(was sort of hoping) :sigh:

Upvote 0

MennoSota

Sola Gratia
Dec 11, 2015
US
✟22,574.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
So that would be a "No, there's only one side in this situation: the side I like is the only one to consider!!"? :scratch:
tulc(was sort of hoping) :sigh:
There are two sides. One where the human survives to grow and hopefully bless others. The other where the human is killed and either tossed away or her/his body parts are sold to the highest bidder.

Which side do you support?

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are two sides. One where the human survives to grow and hopefully bless others. The other where the human is killed and either tossed away or her/his body parts are sold to the highest bidder.

Which side do you support?
the side where "It's not up to me to make decisions about a woman's body for her." :wave:
tulc(knows most Republicans have no trouble pretending to be pro-life, well...right up until birth anyway) :sorry:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MennoSota

Sola Gratia
Dec 11, 2015
US
✟22,574.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
the side where "It's not up to me to make decisions about a woman's body for her." :wave:
tulc(knows most Republicans have no trouble pretending to be pro-life, well...right up until birth anyway) :sorry:
It's not up to her either, when the choice is life or death of another human.

The choice over life and death is to be left to God alone.

Will you support the killing of a human in the womb or will you stand against the killing of a human in the womb?

Or do you prefer to keep pretzeling?

Upvote 0

MrSpikey

Dec 1, 2015
UK
✟34,367.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Me too.

(Without the mom joke, this time)

Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens

Who pulls the trigger in a war? A soldier. Does God will that choice and guide that bullet? MAybe.
Does God will the woman to make that choice and guide the doctor's hand? Maybe

Upvote 0

MennoSota

Sola Gratia
Dec 11, 2015
US
✟22,574.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Who pulls the trigger in a war? A soldier. Does God will that choice and guide that bullet? MAybe.
Does God will the woman to make that choice and guide the doctor's hand? Maybe

Is war good? Is war to be applauded?

Upvote 0

RedPonyDriver

Professional Pot Stirrer
Oct 18, 2014
USA
✟76,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat
Why do "Christians" demand to make laws for everyone, including those who do not share their beliefs?
Why do "pro-life" Christians refuse to support the strengthening of safety nets for the least among us?
Why do "Christians" vote for the person who will, in reality hurt them the most?

Why don't "Christians" clean up their own homes first (see pastors and priests molesting children) before butting into someone else's business.

Reactions: Larniavc
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Will you support the killing of a human in the womb or will you stand against the killing of a human in the womb?

Or do you prefer to keep pretzeling?
I thought I answered the question you asked, I understand how frustrating it is when people bring some nuance to a question you've probably decided can only be answered with an "A or a B" answer. I don't actually expect you to even really be able to hear what I'm saying here, no doubt the "ANY ANSWER DIFFERENT FROM WHAT I THINK IS WRONG!!" drum is already clanging away in your head, drowning out any chance of your grasping my point. But I'm just going to leave this here on the off chance it might make sense to you sometime in the future. :wave:
tulc(likes when people actually listen to others answers) :)

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
September 22, 2016

If Democrats are like me, they could care less. That Planned Parenthood is doing something useful. With something that would be thrown out.

Upvote 0

MrSpikey

Dec 1, 2015
UK
✟34,367.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I thought I answered the question you asked, I understand how frustrating it is when people bring some nuance to a question you've probably decided can only be answered with an "A or a B" answer. I don't actually expect you to even really be able to hear what I'm saying here, no doubt the "ANY ANSWER DIFFERENT FROM WHAT I THINK IS WRONG!!" drum is already clanging away in your head, drowning out any chance of your grasping my point. But I'm just going to leave this here on the off chance it might make sense to you sometime in the future. :wave:
tulc(likes when people actually listen to others answers) :)
And here it is, laid bare...the results of so called "critical thinking", in action!

Won't someone please think of the children!!

Reactions: RedPonyDriver
Upvote 0

RedPonyDriver

Professional Pot Stirrer
Oct 18, 2014
USA
✟76,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat
And here it is, laid bare...the results of so called "critical thinking", in action!

Won't someone please think of the children!!

the masses are easier to control if you tell them WHAT to think instead of teaching them HOW to think.

• Haha
Reactions: Uncle Siggy
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.