Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I have no doubt it is a coming to america. This is something I have take seriously enough to even talk to my family about, and you will see this in previous posts of mine. If a man has a gun to my wife's head... and he tells me to denounce Jesus or she dies, she understands she is about to die. So do my children. I do not love my family more than Jesus, and they are the same. Let, me, die. Never. Under ANY circumstance deny Jesus THE Christ. Consider the cost, pick up your cross, and walk to your execution.

notice my signature.

Reactions: Berean777
Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟613,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Oh I will go wherever I am sent, but I cannot go anywhere yet till I am baptized in holy spirit. But trust me, if I am sent to Syria, I will go to Syria. But I believe my calling is here for America, and there will indeed be persecution here in America as well for the true churches of Jesus Christ. But I won't know for certain where I need to go till the spirit tells me. You, however, have an incorrect attitude, you wish to avoid persecution. Anyone who tries to avoid persecution and not suffer like Jesus Christ suffered is not worthy of Jesus Christ.
You will have to excuse me but from your avatar you don't look very persecuted.....just say'n.....

Upvote 0

cgaviria

Nov 23, 2015
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Visit site
✟23,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
You will have to excuse me but from your avatar you don't look very persecuted.....just say'n.....

Perhaps not, but I am not the one on here saying I wish to avoid persecution. I know what I must do and what I must endure for the sake of the gospel as all true believers must do and endure, do you?

Reactions: skinnymike1
Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟613,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Perhaps not, but I am not the one on here saying I wish to avoid persecution. I know what I must do and what I must endure for the sake of the gospel as all true believers must do and endure, do you?
Oh yeah I do....I just don't stand on a beautiful seashore and talk about being persecuted......almost oxymoronic.....

Reactions: Wgw
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

I think you have this slightly twisted... what are you doing in this life that is distractive enough to the kingdom of darkness that they have come to notice you? If you live a Godly life and walk in Christ, the world will notice, and it will seek to take you out.

That being said... don't go looking for persecution. That is a completely misguided perspective. All you need for salvation is Jesus.

Upvote 0

cgaviria

Nov 23, 2015
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Visit site
✟23,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Oh yeah I do....I just don't stand on a beautiful seashore and talk about being persecuted......almost oxymoronic.....

So you'll just sit next to the comfort of your own laptop and declare on this internet forum how you don't want to be persecuted? Uh huh.... very smart indeed.

Upvote 0

cgaviria

Nov 23, 2015
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Visit site
✟23,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I think you have this slightly twisted... what are you doing in this life that is distractive enough to the kingdom of darkness that they have come to notice you? If you live a Godly life and walk in Christ, the world will notice, and it will seek to take you out.

That being said... don't go looking for persecution. That is a completely misguided perspective. All you need for salvation is Jesus.

We don't procure persecution ourselves, God does. However, the actions of the elect will bring forth persecution. If you are not doing enough for the Lord, then persecution won't come. The evidence of how much you are doing for God is if you suffer. If you are sitting in your house all day and night doing nothing for the Lord, then persecution certainly won't come to you. But if you are out in the field spreading the gospel, and disrupting society, then certainly persecution will follow.

Reactions: skinnymike1
Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟613,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
So you'll just sit next to the comfort of your own laptop and declare on this internet forum how you don't want to be persecuted? Uh huh.... very smart indeed.
Why would any sane person wish to be persecuted? All Christians (at least to my knowledge) wish to live in peace, do you not agree? But if you think we should go looking for persecution, I gave you some suggestions of places to go. I can promise you that if you go there you will be persecuted. But something tells me you won't buy a plane ticket......

Reactions: LostMarbels
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cgaviria

Nov 23, 2015
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Visit site
✟23,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I don't know how to take you....... I do not mean that in a bad way. Something is amiss here.

What is this focus on persecution about?

It's about becoming the most pitied of men, being humble, and suffering, and being persecuted, and dying for the sake of Jesus Christ. God has chosen the humble, the meek, the persecuted, that through these he may confound and ridicule the high and lofty of the world, even Jesus Christ was humble, persecuted, and killed when he first came, yet when he comes again he will come with power and glory, and fierce wrath to bring forth punishment on the high and lofty. Whoever participates in the humility, the suffering, and persecutions of Jesus Christ will also partake in the bringing forth of punishment upon the high and lofty at his second coming. But whoever rejects suffering and persecution in this life, Jesus Christ will also reject, as all true believers are called to suffer as he suffered.

Upvote 0

cgaviria

Nov 23, 2015
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Visit site
✟23,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Why would any sane person wish to be persecuted? All Christians (at least to my knowledge) wish to live in peace, do you not agree? But if you think we should go looking for persecution, I gave you some suggestions of places to go. I can promise you that if you go there you will be persecuted. But something tells me you won't buy a plane ticket......

Apparently Paul was also insane,
Then Paul answered, "Why are you weeping and breaking my heart? I am ready not only to be bound, but also to die in Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus." (Acts 21:13 [NIV])

And Jesus Christ was also crazy in saying rejoice and be glad when you are being persecuted,
Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you. (Matthew 5:12 [NIV])

To suffer for the name of Jesus Christ is an honor. And to die for him an even greater honor, because he laid down his life for us. How shameful of you to even suggest that a person is not sane for wanting to die for Christ. Shame on you.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟613,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Apparently Paul was also insane,

And Jesus Christ was also crazy in saying rejoice and be glad when you are being persecuted,

To suffer for the name of Jesus Christ is an honor. And to die for him an even greater honor, because he laid down his life for us. How shameful of you to even suggest that a person is not sane for wanting to die for Christ. Shame on you.
Personally I would prefer to live for him....my departure from here will come in good time, not gonna go looking for it.

Reactions: Simon Crosby
Upvote 0

Simon Crosby

Piously skating by.
Feb 4, 2016
Douglas, Man
✟1,022.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Suffering and persecution and being butchered is an honor, so I'd hardly consider these people in need of prayer when they are in fact fulfilling one of the very requirements of being elect. Now @Simon Crosby , are you being persecuted and are you suffering? The same question I pose to @Wgw . You seem eager to offer prayers towards others who are being persecuted.... but are you fellas suffering and being persecuted yourselves? I surely hope you don't consider a couple of unpleasant exchanges in these forums hardly any kind of suffering worthy of the beatings and lashings of Jesus Christ.

Why shouldn't I pray that those who are suffering for Christ be strengthened in their faith and comforted? This is the most natural thing to do, and if you are saying it is wrong, you are dismissing the spiritual experience of nearly all martyrs over the years.

Upvote 0

cgaviria

Nov 23, 2015
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Visit site
✟23,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Personally I would prefer to live for him....my departure from here will come in good time, not gonna go looking for it.

Love for him comfortably it seems. Let's see how well that turns out for you when you stand before Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Simon Crosby

Piously skating by.
Feb 4, 2016
Douglas, Man
✟1,022.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Love for him comfortably it seems. Let's see how well that turns out for you when you stand before Christ.

Respectfully, I think neither of us has any idea of what suffering civilwarbuff has gone through for our Saviour, and I think we should not speculate on that front.

I hope to not be killed for my faith; I would like to die happily in a suite at Claridge's or another posh London hotel in my 80s, however, if someone holds a knife to my throat and demands I confess "There is no God but Allah and Mohammed is His prophet," I pray sincerely I will have the courage to tell them in the most polite and Christian way conceivable, to go to Hell.

Upvote 0

Wgw

Pray For Brussels!
May 24, 2015
✟15,107.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
I hope to not be killed for my faith; I would like to die happily in a suite at Claridge's or another posh London hotel in my 80s, however, if someone holds a knife to my throat and demands I confess "There is no God but Allah and Mohammed is His prophet," I pray sincerely I will have the courage to tell them in the most polite and Christian way conceivable, to go to Hell.

ROFL! That has me quite literally in stictches. :D Oh, @Simon Crosby, you card!

"Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's posts."

Upvote 0

cgaviria

Nov 23, 2015
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Visit site
✟23,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I trust the judgement of Messiah not the "evaluations" of men.

Yes, and this same messiah spoke these words,
Then Jesus said to his disciples, "Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it. (Matthew 16:24 [NIV])

Avoiding suffering and persecution is wanting to save your life. No one that doesn't partake in the sufferings and persecutions of Jesus Christ will enter into the kingdom of God.

Upvote 0

Commander Xenophon

Member of the Admiralty
Jan 18, 2016
St. Louis, MO
✟3,959.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, and this same messiah spoke these words,

Avoiding suffering and persecution is wanting to save your life. No one that doesn't partake in the sufferings and persecutions of Jesus Christ will enter into the kingdom of God.

It would be irresponsible for a married man to attempt to fling himself into the arms of jihadis.

Reactions: civilwarbuff
Upvote 0