Supporter
May 30, 2014
Beit Oren, Israel
✟45,327.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi all, I've been preoccupied with a few questions regarding non-denominational priesthood lately. Do you think being a priest is more of a job or a vocation? If the latter, is a priest who lost his job still a priest? is a priest without a parish really a priest? Is a priest with an online parish a real priest? And perhaps the most interesting - is a priest who sees christianforums.com as his parish really a priest ?

David Waffen

Great American
Apr 29, 2004
The greatest nation on Earth
✟1,060.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi all, I've been preoccupied with a few questions regarding non-denominational priesthood lately. Do you think being a priest is more of a job or a vocation? If the latter, is a priest who lost his job still a priest? is a priest without a parish really a priest? Is a priest with an online parish a real priest? And perhaps the most interesting - is a priest who sees christianforums.com as his parish really a priest ?

There is no such thing as a non-denominational priesthood.

Upvote 0

BryanW92

Hey look, it's a squirrel!
May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am a priest, ordained by a non-denominational, independent Christian church. Therefore, I am a non-denominational priest.

"Priest" is a title that has a special meaning. Fortunately, Jesus has ordained us all as Priests. All of us. What is the name of the church that ordained you as a priest. Does it have a website? I'd like to read about this to see what they believe before commenting further.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

Through and in Jesus Christ we are all called to be priests in that we are supposed to spread the good news of the gospel at every opportunity in our daily lives...

But if you are talking about the paid profession or career of a priest who loses his job, it depends if it was just a job to him, or is his life's passion and he/she feels like, a calling for them or not.

If it is their passion, then after losing their paid job, they may have to take a more menial job on to meet their basic needs, and if preaching and teaching the gospel is still their passion from which they derive their purpose, then they might organize home Bible studies starting out with small groups in their off time, or something like that.

We can all be priests in whatever environment we are in in life, if spreading the gospel is someones passion, then it will shine through in their everyday life no matter where they are at...

God Bless!

Upvote 0