St. Louis, MO
✟7,714.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This location is much closer to where I actually live, and he asked me to come to Orthros and Divine Liturgy Sunday. It will be my first attendance at a Divine Liturgy. :crosseo:

He also said he wants to chat with me about my background and what I've read and where I am in my understanding of the faith so far.

Please pray for me, as I am bound to undergo some opposition from family members. I will need strength and courage to face that opposition, even though I'm convinced I'm on the right path.

Love to all of you, and thank you.

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟425,727.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
This location is much closer to where I actually live, and he asked me to come to Orthros and Divine Liturgy Sunday. It will be my first attendance at a Divine Liturgy. :crosseo:

He also said he wants to chat with me about my background and what I've read and where I am in my understanding of the faith so far.

Please pray for me, as I am bound to undergo some opposition from family members. I will need strength and courage to face that opposition, even though I'm convinced I'm on the right path.

Love to all of you, and thank you.

Prayers bro!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

seeker37

Mar 4, 2012
St. Louis, MO
✟7,714.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Heeey! St. Louis! St Nicks, or Assumption? Do you live out in West County? I can tell you a little about most of the area churches :)

Hello! Actually, I live north. I had spoken to a priest at Assumption earlier last year, and he mentioned All Saints as being closer to me, so the priest I spoke with is at All Saints. Are you originally from the area? I have lived here all my life.

Upvote 0

choirfiend

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Pennsylvania
✟54,941.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm originally from South County. Moved away during high school. I've never been to All saints-- its rather new. If you fancy a drive, Nativity of the Virgin Mary in Madison, IL has lovely people and a welcoming priest.

Upvote 0

seeker37

Mar 4, 2012
St. Louis, MO
✟7,714.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well, I attended my first Divine Liturgy. Wow, a lot to take in, but they had a nice service book and I was able to follow along well. The parishoners are very nice and I ran into two people I'd met at the other parish I went to for a while. Father was extremely welcoming and friendly.

All in all, I think it was appropriate that I attended today, The Sunday of the Prodigal. I feel very much like a prodigal who is struggling to return to the Lord.

Thank you all for your prayers and kindness. So far so good with the family, they know I have gone back to attending and are not thrilled, but so far haven't been confrontational.

Please continue to pray for me as I walk this path. May God bless all of you.

:crosseo:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

seeker37

Mar 4, 2012
St. Louis, MO
✟7,714.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm originally from South County. Moved away during high school. I've never been to All saints-- its rather new. If you fancy a drive, Nativity of the Virgin Mary in Madison, IL has lovely people and a welcoming priest.

I love Assumption, but traffic is a real problem from where I live. Getting there became an exercise in patience due to construction work being done and bumper to bumper traffic every time. :sorry:

I eventually hope to learn Greek, so I do see myself at some point immersing myself totally in a Greek Orthodox setting (I love the Greek people and culture and feel an emotional attachment to them, and always have). It's baby steps for right now, and I appreciate the continuing advice, prayers and friendship you have all offered me.

Hugs to you. :hug:

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well, I attended my first Divine Liturgy. Wow, a lot to take in, but they had a nice service book and I was able to follow along well. The parishoners are very nice and I ran into two people I'd met at the other parish I went to for a while. Father was extremely welcoming and friendly.

All in all, I think it was appropriate that I attended today, The Sunday of the Prodigal. I feel very much like a prodigal who is struggling to return to the Lord.

Thank you all for your prayers and kindness. So far so good with the family, they know I have gone back to attending and are not thrilled, but so far haven't been confrontational.

Glory to God that you had such a good experience at your first DL. :) I realized today how powerful and edifying it is for the soul, and I've been going for over a decade.

I'm glad to know there hasn't been any confrontations with your family. May God continue to guide you and bless you on your journey, seeker.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I love Assumption, but traffic is a real problem from where I live. Getting there became an exercise in patience due to construction work being done and bumper to bumper traffic every time. :sorry:

I eventually hope to learn Greek, so I do see myself at some point immersing myself totally in a Greek Orthodox setting (I love the Greek people and culture and feel an emotional attachment to them, and always have). It's baby steps for right now, and I appreciate the continuing advice, prayers and friendship you have all offered me.

Hugs to you. :hug:
This warms my heart to read such kind words about the Greeks and the GOC. That's 50% of my make up. Thanks for sharing this. :hug: :blush:

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,463,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

glory to God!

Upvote 0